Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

schase of trd boyz

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 12:25 AM
schase
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im lookin for jdm aristo look every1 locally love my car
i like every1 car on here seeing yall cars is wut made me want 2 get a gs
i did the chrome 20s already
and my sc300 is drop wit tiens on 20s
im in canarsie i be passin tru coney island
hit me up
aim=shotahchase
Old 04-28-09, 05:28 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by schase
lol@expensive Honda y bcuz i dont got chrome lip?
no because of the cheap mods like the eyelids, the ebay roof spoiler, non projection HIDs and the Axis wheels. I'm not a fan of "chrome wheels" either

im tryin 2 b different instead of chrome lip
im buildin my aristo my way same way u did urs ur way
That's cool, you asked for an opinion and I gave one. I didn't say anything about my way.
the spoiler is lil faded ima repaint the whole car after my boost is in
waitin on a few more parts to come in b4 i get in the engine
ull c soon
Make sure they block that spoiler cause its wavy. I'm more excited about the engine than anything else. I love speed more, but looks doesn't hurt either.
Old 04-29-09, 10:35 PM
schase
Pole Position

lol
u a funny guy
i never heard of a cheap mod a mod is a mod
non project headlight? axis rims?
im spendin $ at the end of the day
i only had the car 1 month and im doin good 2 me
my lex gona b 1 of a kind i see 100 gs like urs ;x
jk dont get a titi attack
i got the eyelid to match my cf hood
jus b happy u rich to buy expensive mods
Old 04-29-09, 10:49 PM
airmax
Pole Position

i havent seen any other GS that looks like speedaddict's
Old 04-30-09, 07:25 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

lol
u a funny guy
i never heard of a cheap mod a mod is a mod
non project headlight? axis rims?
im spendin $ at the end of the day
i only had the car 1 month and im doin good 2 me
my lex gona b 1 of a kind i see 100 gs like urs ;x
jk dont get a titi attack
i got the eyelid to match my cf hood
jus b happy u rich to buy expensive mods
Do your thing homeboy. Build the car the way you want it to be, you paid for it. Not everyone is going to like your style and when you ask for comments you have to be able to take the good and the bad. I may not be into the sport style your going for but I can really appreciate a dude trying to be different doing your thing your way.

But on the other hand, pay no mind to the greezy internet talk homie, do what you like. This VIP thing is cool, but people need to look past it and show love (cheap mods comment). VIP has really gotten to people's heads man. It's not what is said it how you say it.

Lee
Old 04-30-09, 01:26 PM
RN8 GS300
Driver

I like the drop, and the black's are way better than the chromes IMO. I was thinking about getting a CF hood for my GS.
Old 04-30-09, 04:51 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Just a few things. Take this how you want, you asked for everyone to comment by stating "only haters don't comment" but then you get mad if someone says they aren't into a particular mod you have. Just as a couple other people have posted, you have to be able to take the negative and the positive.

So anyways....

1. I think the wheels are OK, much better than the chrome but a little aggressive if you don't have the power to back it up.

2. The roof spoiler needs to temporarily go. I like roof spoilers but that one is faded and just doesn't add anything to the car at the moment, get it blocked so it's straight, and then resprayed and you will be good to go. Riding around with it like it is is like riding around with an unpainted body kit. Makes the car look silly.

3. The wheels could use some work in the back, in the last pic you can see that you have a lot of room for adjustment, the wheels look sunken into the wheel wells which give the car a heavy boat look in the back as there is so much body hanging over the edge of the wheels. Look into getting a set of spacers to push those wheels out. I'm assuming they are staggered based on the wider lip in the rear so hopefully pushing them out will give you a nice stance.

4. The comment about "cheap mods" I think what Speedaddic was getting at is that a lot of the stuff that's specifically designed for an application is more expensive. For example, Axis wheels are OK wheels, we all know they are not the bottom of the barrel or top of the line, they are in the middle. While they are OK wheels they are designed to fit a wide range of cars and therefore give you limited offset choices etc....hence the reason your back wheels sit so far inside the wheel wells.

5. The lugnuts stick out, either go black or red, chrome sticks out. Also the valve stems, chrome is sticking out.

Besides that it's looking good, always remember it's better to have a properly done tasteful mod than half-*** mods so you can have more. You would have got more love from the forum if you had saved the money from buying the eyelids and used it to get that roof spoiler fixed. Then people would look at the car and think "he's got a good start" instead of "Blah! WTF is up with that roof spoiler!?!"

P.s.- Personally I would take it easy on the carbon fiber, that is an old trend that mainly younger guys (which frequently happen to own honda's) are in to. It has it's place (and possibly thats what your going for) but again, don't worry about "adding" to the car until you get the current issues taken care of. You ever look in a magazine and see a really bad *** Porsche or Ferrari or Bentley? They look bad *** because they have small TASTEFUL exterior mods done and are super clean. They don't have all sorts of DO-DADS hanging off them with 10 different colors of light bulbs etc...(not sayign your car does, just making a point). Point is, subtle, tasteful and WELL DONE mods are the way to go.

Last edited by macd7919; 04-30-09 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-30-09, 05:41 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by macd7919
P.s.- Personally I would take it easy on the carbon fiber, that is an old trend that mainly younger guys (which frequently happen to own honda's) are in to.
I don't really agree that carbon fiber is an old trend that the young honda crowd is into. I think carbon fiber can be done tastefully, especially if done right. My opinion on doing CF right is you have to paint most of the CF and leave CF accents. CF gives more of a race/sport. Its definitely stepping away from the VIP look that seems to be the trend this board is going, which doesn't mean its a bad thing and has to be associated with honda rice rocketing.
Old 04-30-09, 06:17 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sleepyboi
I don't really agree that carbon fiber is an old trend that the young honda crowd is into. I think carbon fiber can be done tastefully, especially if done right. My opinion on doing CF right is you have to paint most of the CF and leave CF accents. CF gives more of a race/sport. Its definitely stepping away from the VIP look that seems to be the trend this board is going, which doesn't mean its a bad thing and has to be associated with honda rice rocketing.
I did say carbon had it's place. I don't mind it either if it's painted with accents showing but 99% of the time that isn't the case (as in this one) and also there is no way you can argue that C/F hoods, bumpers, spoilers, mirrors (basically anything that can be made out of C/F) runs rampant on Honda Civics of all types. The really clean Honda's that are out there don't even subscribe to the whole C/F thing and generally go with Jdm Oem parts as the fit and finish is 100 times better than aftermarket. Just like I would rather have a really well finished Oem hood over a C/F hood any day of the week. Just because you have a sporty look doesn't mean it can't be classy at the same time, C/F in large amounts is generally not a classy tasteful look and should be left to dedicated race cars but everyone has their opinions.
Old 05-01-09, 07:27 AM
schase
Pole Position

lol i aint worryed bout ppl comments i like da sporty look im young
at the end of the car my car turns head in my city
my spoiler aint faded the roof had alot of pollen on it
from sittin under the tree wen i first
at the end of the day its all love
group hug 8-)
Old 05-01-09, 07:56 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by macd7919
I did say carbon had it's place. I don't mind it either if it's painted with accents showing but 99% of the time that isn't the case (as in this one) and also there is no way you can argue that C/F hoods, bumpers, spoilers, mirrors (basically anything that can be made out of C/F) runs rampant on Honda Civics of all types. The really clean Honda's that are out there don't even subscribe to the whole C/F thing and generally go with Jdm Oem parts as the fit and finish is 100 times better than aftermarket. Just like I would rather have a really well finished Oem hood over a C/F hood any day of the week. Just because you have a sporty look doesn't mean it can't be classy at the same time, C/F in large amounts is generally not a classy tasteful look and should be left to dedicated race cars but everyone has their opinions.
Totally disagree, CarbonGS's ride is hard and still looks clean an tasteful... He's proabably the only one running a carbon fiber custom trunklid and doing it in style. He also has eye lids. It the whole total package...not this copy cats stuff going on....sort of like the agent from the matrix...do you. Of course we're going to overlap do to part sources and the market but "I believe" its how you put it together.
Old 05-01-09, 10:26 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleepyboi
Its definitely stepping away from the VIP look that seems to be the trend this board is going, which doesn't mean its a bad thing and has to be associated with honda rice rocketing.
Word to that, LOL. It's almost getting difficult to post up pix of your most recent mod cuz everyone jumps on ya "looks ok... but you need to SLAM IT!!!!!!"
Old 05-02-09, 09:27 AM
schase
Pole Position

thanx every1 for ya comments those pics was to mainly show the drop n rims
im kno i aint vip aint tryin 2 b vip im doin my own thing Gs unit
more cheap mods to come...

trd-boyz /lexotic
Old 05-02-09, 09:38 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Nice, very different
keep up the good work
Old 05-02-09, 10:20 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mtparker18
not bad. the front needs more of a drop though
I'm surprised he has ***** to even lower his car that much in brooklyn period, I like living on the edge but you my man are on the razors edge.

Quick Reply: schase of trd boyz