Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Problem with aftermarket HPS Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-09, 09:00 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with aftermarket HPS Intake

Hey all I just purchased a HPS ram air intake and installed with quite ease. But my actual problem here is after driving it for a week or two my check engine light came on so I took it to the dealer they said it was because of the intake so they erased the code and it was fine again. Now its a week later and it is right back again has anyone else had these same problems with there aftermarket intake? How do I get rid of this code for good im tired of looking at the damn light!

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 04-28-09, 10:17 AM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn hps .... why didnt u get a beter intake... hps is like no name... i think u get wat u buy pretty much
Old 04-28-09, 10:53 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

HPS appears to be a cheap short ram... there's nothing electronic to it at all, so if it's the 'cause' of your check engine light then you either forgot to plug the MAF back in correctly or you have a leak someplace...either should be easy enough to check.
Old 04-28-09, 11:54 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

I never got why buying a name barnd made it always a better intake when it looks and is made out of same exact material as a injen. I even replaced there filter with a k&N to make sure I had a good filter on it to. So do you guys have any real answers or just making up lame name brand excuses I need real answers.

Thanks ,
Ryan

Last edited by rscott22; 04-28-09 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-28-09, 12:01 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rscott22
I never got why buying a name barnd made it always a better intake when it looks and is made out of same exact material as a injen. I even replaced there filter with a k&N to make sure I had a good filter on it to. So do you guys have any real answers or just making up lame name brand excuses I need real answers.

Thanks ,
Ryan
LOL ????
u dont believe u get what u pay???
if u pay for something thats cheap and nonamed and not engineerd good like a fujita or injen.. theres a reason why its HaLF the price.. and not popular..

but to ur question check if u have ur MAF in correctly
Old 04-28-09, 12:28 PM
rscott22
Pole Position

I did I checked all my hoses and my maf is in perfect just can’t find the problem still weird I appreciate your help though. It’s the same design the same exact material to so what exactly am I buying when getting fujita or Injen a name and that’s it. I do believe in buying name brand though very much but when it comes to intakes no because all it takes is for injen and Fujita to spend all the money in R&D on the Intake to get it work and then when there’s is finished copy there design and material which in the end makes your product much cheaper to produce because you have less overhead to deal with. But if I were to buy springs or coilovers which I am here I am buying Tein which is a well respected name. I just feel that with intakes you’re just getting 300$ name really. Please correct me if I am wrong I don’t like being incorrect and if I am I will admit my mistake. This is just what I have learned so far from my EXP with cars. My last car had an Injen intake then I switched to an eBay cold air and worked just fine for me also. But really thanks for your advice I am checking all over the car right now.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 04-28-09, 12:36 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

np if u have questions dont hesitate to ask around on CL theres lotsa gurus around here on our car.. and yes teins are a good choice.. HnR also are good if ur going for springs.. but if ur going coils best bang for your buck would be tanabes or megans ,GL with your intake
Old 04-28-09, 12:44 PM
rscott22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by L-S-D
np if u have questions dont hesitate to ask around on CL theres lotsa gurus around here on our car.. and yes teins are a good choice.. HnR also are good if ur going for springs.. but if ur going coils best bang for your buck would be tanabes or megans ,GL with your intake
Ok I know im getting off my own topic now but what do you think the best coilovers are period hands down no questions asked. I want something that will handle a little better but still want a pretty nice ride. I know it wont be anything like stock but I dont want to feel every bump in the road either.
Old 04-28-09, 12:48 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

hmm.. i cant really say whats the "best" coils out there , but ive heard lotsa good things about buddy club coils and D2 racing coils... jus look into it and the specs and itll tell u how they are and see which fits yours needs the best
Old 04-28-09, 12:52 PM
rscott22
Pole Position

Ok thanks!