Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo swappers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 10:47 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aristo swappers

For those who have bought a used jdm motor, what should I look for when buying a vvti aristo motorset online? Any tips or suggestions? What kind of proof, documentation, pics, etc should ask to be provided with? Any recommendations on reputable importers? Thanks guys.
Old 05-06-09, 11:24 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Make sure the seller is reputable. Try to research as much feedback as possible as you can online. See what people on other forums have to say about the seller and the customer service etc. Call up the company to make sure they pick up quickly and are easy to reach. Also MAKE SURE they are a registered business and not just some shady operation. There are cases where people buy crap motors and get screwed because the company all of a sudden dissappears or files for bankruptcy. Those are the fly by night companies you must avoid because you're almost gauranteed to get a bad motor or no motor from them. Those are just some basic tips I tell people to follow, the rest just use common sense. If a deal is WAAAY too good to be true then it probably is.
Old 05-06-09, 11:28 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Venus Importers is legit.

Venus Importers

You are probably gonna be around $3000 for the motor/tranny/ecu....front clips run slightly more as well as cost more to ship.
Old 05-07-09, 10:44 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
Venus Importers is legit.

Venus Importers

You are probably gonna be around $3000 for the motor/tranny/ecu....front clips run slightly more as well as cost more to ship.
Tey dont sell vvti front clips anymore.
Old 05-07-09, 12:02 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Mmm, give them a call if you haven't, they have a few listed on their site as of yesterday but maybe they haven't updated in awhile. You don't need to front clip though, I just got the motor set and it had everything I needed.
Old 05-07-09, 01:27 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Mmm, give them a call if you haven't, they have a few listed on their site as of yesterday but maybe they haven't updated in awhile. You don't need to front clip though, I just got the motor set and it had everything I needed.
I wanted a front clip so i wont have to deal with hearing the engine is missing parts from an installer.
Old 05-07-09, 01:57 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Idk, I got my engine from them as a engine set (engine, ecu, harness, tranny etc..) and they included everything I needed. I just made sure to check with them exactly what I should expect to receive, I ordered my motor from them and had it in about 4 business days (Shipped from Cali to Maryland).

FWIW I just checked the link I posted and it's listing front clips for sale with pics, maybe try to contct them over the phone to double check.
Old 05-07-09, 02:01 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Idk, I got my engine from them as a engine set (engine, ecu, harness, tranny etc..) and they included everything I needed. I just made sure to check with them exactly what I should expect to receive, I ordered my motor from them and had it in about 4 business days (Shipped from Cali to Maryland).

FWIW I just checked the link I posted and it's listing front clips for sale with pics, maybe try to contct them over the phone to double check.
cool thanks
Old 05-07-09, 03:35 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the advice Jeff. My worst nightmare is getting ripped off and sitting on a worthless $3K motor.

Venus was one of the first companies I contaced shortly before I made this thread and they said they had neither the front clip or the motorset in stock.

Hey macd, when you bought your motor, did you drop it right in w/o testing or w/o any reassurance of it being in good condition?