Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbochargers.com needs an IS350!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09 | 01:49 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shadow191
It's actually pretty normal. 50% is probably just enough to cover the parts involved. Very, very few people are willing to do this for free these days. Especially for a low volume car like the IS.

Example, they do this for someone for free totally and they're out $10K in parts and labor and time. Then everyone who said they'd buy a kit backs out (which is what happens 90% of the time, especially on a car like this). Then they end up selling like 2 kits. How does that sound like a good business proposition?

Pretty sure LMS already proved that FI isn't a good business proposition on this car. I'll be very surprised (pleasantly) if these guys do much better given they're dealing with the same compression and a turbo kit should cost even more than a supercharger kit in parts.
Old 05-15-09 | 02:23 PM
kjl2007
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
for real dude, what kinda BS is that lol... besides... isn't someone in Miami already boosting the ISx50's ? HAAA
In MIAMI!?....who could it possibly be? hahaha
Old 05-15-09 | 02:36 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

like everyone else said...should be 100% free plus something...something..
Old 05-15-09 | 03:28 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

i'll believe it when i see it. this should make for good forum fodder.
Old 05-15-09 | 04:26 PM
Gus738
Driver

And no details of expected gains? no pricing not much information....
Old 05-15-09 | 04:43 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

dang... a turbo kit... wow... but not worth 3 weeks for 50% off... more like 100% off...
Old 05-15-09 | 05:14 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gus738
And no details of expected gains? no pricing not much information....
Well, what do you expect? Right now they're looking for a car to test, I'm sure we'll get all the information we need from that. Also, I heard that the price will be in the neighborhood of $6k.
Old 05-15-09 | 05:29 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

I say its fair. When I was doing the supercharger with LMS and finish the kit. How many people cough up the money and committed to the kit. Only a hand full. And I help finalize the kit with meth injection. Who cough up for that. No company would do 100% sponsorship for something so unsure especially with the type of car we drive and yet the economy. If they were in Socal I would be there in a heart beat. Its risk that you take if you want to mod your car. And that including the motor. I did the same with the supercharger and had $$$ on the side just in case we blow it. So I say props to whoever willing to go into this territory. And please let stay away from flaming people who attempts to do it also. Its not fair. Especially when no one know how far to push this motor until it blows. I had my fun with it for 3 years with meth injection driving as hard as I possible and I was fine. Sorry if I ranting but Its just burn me up when someone wants to try something new and don't want to risk it. To me that is not a car enthusiast but someone who thinks they are.
Old 05-15-09 | 06:21 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Well said my friend! You have to pay to play and that's the bottom line. People talk a lot of sht when it comes to boosting this car, especially when the gains are even about 50hp. I say lets run my IS350 vs another IS350 and tell me how my over priced kit did
Old 05-15-09 | 06:29 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Im still waiting on a response but I am willing to do this... I have already checked the money I am willing to pay for the kit is enough for a used 350 motor (about 3 grand uninstalled) if it doesnt go through I am already looking for another car... I have had my fun with my IS350 and am looking into something a little more powerful with the option to mod for power if I wanted to so maybe this is just exactly what im looking for
Old 05-15-09 | 06:35 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Damn you got nitrous and that's still not enough?! hehe always need more power! Don't worry man it'll work and it'll be worth it. I think this motor can handle more boost than 5.5lbs but that's just my assumption, hopefully I won't make an *** out of umption haha
Old 05-15-09 | 06:43 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Damn you got nitrous and that's still not enough?! hehe always need more power! Don't worry man it'll work and it'll be worth it. I think this motor can handle more boost than 5.5lbs but that's just my assumption, hopefully I won't make an *** out of umption haha

You've got no idea its like ****ing crack I swear if im not squeezing i feel like Im soooooo slow hahaha I keep wanting to bump up the shot I EASILY am in the realm of mid high 12's and can mess around with stock vettes (NO Z06) overall I am very happy with the nitrous set up I absolutely love the reaction I get when people find out about it or I race someone and they cant figure out how I won or even lost and kept up and I just show them the button hahaha
Old 05-15-09 | 06:46 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

LOL!!! Kinda like me, I hate driving my car now when I don't have boost. And when I do have it and drive and blow by someone they just drool hahah god I love boost!
Old 05-15-09 | 06:55 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
LOL!!! Kinda like me, I hate driving my car now when I don't have boost. And when I do have it and drive and blow by someone they just drool hahah god I love boost!
I miss those days when those boosted civic thinks they can take me than wake up when they see my exhaust blow by them. I miss boost too
Old 05-15-09 | 06:58 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

ISuxeL do you have any videos of your car? or sound clips? I saw you race your friends 335 (which is what im looking into) but do you have anymore videos anywhere? have you ever taken your car to a track?

Quick Reply: Turbochargers.com needs an IS350!