Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 07:23 PM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hang in there bro... All of CL is backing you...
Usually longer time spent means more care and thinking involved, especially since this company isn't new to F/I.
Old 08-14-09, 08:59 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,955 Likes on 2,395 Posts

You guys don't know Ken Strickler very well. Too many bad tales from ZPI. Best of luck with this, but I'm not optimistic.
Old 08-14-09, 11:49 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You guys don't know Ken Strickler very well. Too many bad tales from ZPI. Best of luck with this, but I'm not optimistic.
yea i heard lots of "bad" things abour kenny and ZPI...... overall though Turbochargers.com has a great reputation. I dont think theyll let kenny take em down.
Old 08-15-09, 01:48 AM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

isnt this the same company artisan is working with? ifso that is350c is supposed to be getting this treatment as well. maybe im wrong?
Old 08-15-09, 07:04 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ yes its the same company.
Old 08-15-09, 09:22 AM
quintmann
Pole Position

Angry

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
i did, they said that there was fitment issues. Im not saying that they are giving me the run around. But its been there for going on 3 months and eveytime i email for a pic or so or even updates i dont get a reply until maybe 3 or 4 days later. So far 3 months and not even a picture. Like i said Im not claiming im getting the run around, just feel like I am.
dude I know exactly how u feel... my dad had his 55 t-bird at a so called professional hotrod shop and they did the same things to us. I'm not tryin to scare u or anything because I really don't know anything first hand about the guys from Houston but we really got the run around with this shop we were dealing with.. I was pissed!!!

from the beginning they said they would have the t-bird done in the first year of it being at their shop and that it was gonna be at SEMA. well that didn't happen and neither did the next SEMA. all the while the shop owner was finishing full custom cars for himself.

we would call him about once a week and talk to him about progress and he would tell everything was goin great!! and at first we believed him cuz we couldn't just go to his shop whenever cuz it was about 400 miles away. the only pictures we saw were from a tiny camera screen.

so after 4 YEARS of being out there and more than a couple of grand later we were tired of the poor craftsmanship that was put in the car, the lack of caring for the customer the shop was giving us and alot more. so we had to pull the car from the shop.

it's been about 9 months since we pulled it and I am building it myself... and trust me...it was the worse craftsmanship I'd ever seen in a car or anything for that matter!! I cut out and replaced every bit of metalwork tthe other shop did and threw away the factory frame they modified and made a new one from scratch..

I'm not sayin that the guys from Houston are gonna do this to u cuz idk how they run their shop or how they do work but I'm sayin there as halfass shops out there that do screw people over and unfortunately my dad was one of those people that was on the wrong end.
Old 08-15-09, 09:34 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
isnt this the same company artisan is working with? ifso that is350c is supposed to be getting this treatment as well. maybe im wrong?
That 350C is a wildly redone SEMA show car though- I seriously doubt they plan to use the "bolt-on" turbo kit for it....since their SEMA IS-F had a rebuilt engine with a bunch of custom upgraded parts in it to make as much power as it did, but their "production" IS-F kit does not.

As to their IS350 bolt-on kit- Physical fittment issues is a BS excuse- sure a turbo setup will require a bit of room, but brackets and pipes aren't rocket science and shouldn't take months to figure out.

I think it's simply a case that they've discovered what everyone else figured out some time ago- you can't make significantly more than 5-6 lbs of boost on this engine with an inexpensive bolt-on kit and pump gas.
Old 08-16-09, 02:56 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

so weren't some people in htown supposed to go by here today/"yesterday"?

any news?
Old 08-16-09, 10:38 AM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

theyre closed on the weekend.
Old 08-16-09, 01:20 PM
Ikon_Vin
Driver

Originally Posted by carLx

any news?
i talk to them at the last car show in houston and they are keeping it a secret.
Old 08-16-09, 07:27 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikon_Vin
i talk to them at the last car show in houston and they are keeping it a secret.
ROFL, I wonder WHY!!!!!!!!

If it were my car. I would go directly to the shop--without notice and check to see what is actually being done....
Old 08-16-09, 08:29 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

ummmmm

do you remember the mileage it had when you dropped it off?!?

Make sure they aren't busting your ***** & eating sht with your car....
Old 08-16-09, 09:06 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by carLx

any news?
lets be real here...what you gonna tell the staff at turbocharger? ummm...I'm here to check on a club lexus' member's car?
Old 08-16-09, 11:11 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
lets be real here...what you gonna tell the staff at turbocharger? ummm...I'm here to check on a club lexus' member's car?
i thought about that too, who am i again.............oh im the guy the wants to take pictures of someone elses car...........i think this is something that would need to be arranged via phone call with the guys at superchargers because i have a feeling walking in and demanding......rather asking to see someone else's car wouldn't be granted. although i have a 350 to prove i have a genuine interest..........but its worth a try dunno if ill get to it tomorrow but ill stop by for a fellow member
Old 08-16-09, 11:12 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

maybe im optimistic but i think they'll pull through or maybe i want my car boosted as well.

Quick Reply: Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread