Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-09 | 10:56 AM
movin_up
Driver

Kenny and Nester are a couple of pieces of ****, there's no doubt about it. They started up business as ZPI here in Louisville, KY where they pissed off half of the import crowd in town with rebadged ebay garbage and hit the Scion scene hard with a bunch of rebadged Buschur parts that they claimed they made. If you were amazed at anything Kenny Strickler told you, you've been fooled.

Honestly, I hope everything works out for you. I would love to see this car finished up and running well. They usually do at least deliver a product, whether it's theirs or not.

We were just discussing our old pal Kenny on our local forum - http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/...d.php?t=151864
Old 08-25-09 | 11:28 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by movin_up
Kenny and Nester are a couple of pieces of ****, there's no doubt about it. They started up business as ZPI here in Louisville, KY where they pissed off half of the import crowd in town with rebadged ebay garbage and hit the Scion scene hard with a bunch of rebadged Buschur parts that they claimed they made. If you were amazed at anything Kenny Strickler told you, you've been fooled.

Honestly, I hope everything works out for you. I would love to see this car finished up and running well. They usually do at least deliver a product, whether it's theirs or not.

We were just discussing our old pal Kenny on our local forum - http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/...d.php?t=151864
You know, you'd think he would get out of the business with all this bad publicity? If i was Dave, i would be soooo pissed if someone was selling my parts with their badge. I've met Dave many times, and have been to more dyno days over there than i can remember, he is an honest person.
Old 08-25-09 | 11:32 AM
movin_up
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus
You know, you'd think he would get out of the business with all this bad publicity? If i was Dave, i would be soooo pissed if someone was selling my parts with their badge. I've met Dave many times, and have been to more dyno days over there than i can remember, he is an honest person.
Never heard a bad word about Dave, honestly. I'm sure someone's had a bad experience, but it seems like it's constant drama surrounding Kenny.
Old 08-25-09 | 11:46 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by movin_up
Never heard a bad word about Dave, honestly. I'm sure someone's had a bad experience, but it seems like it's constant drama surrounding Kenny.
I just read in some other threads that Dave actually made parts for Kenny, knowing that they would be badged by Kenny. IMO that's better than what i'm reading that he was taking ebay parts and badging them, atleast we know that whatever parts were made by Buschur were good quality!

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1
ldoes anyone know what happened to that silver 2JZ 2IS?
There was a silver 2JZ'ed 2IS??? I don't mean to thread jack, never heard of this!
Old 08-25-09 | 11:58 AM
movin_up
Driver

There's so much going around it's impossible to get a clear story of everything that's happened at this point. I know you can search countless threads on Houston Imports, Scionlife, Supraforums, 502streetscene, and Louisvillestreets that all have plenty to say on the subject. There's always shop drama, but for this same type of issue to constantly come back around on Kenny there has to be some truth to it. I knew ZPI was trash back when I was still building domestics.
Old 08-25-09 | 12:05 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

We're getting off topic again everyone. Please remember this thread is dedicated to the development of the IS350 turbo kit. Any other discussions should not happen in this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Javier
Old 08-25-09 | 12:19 PM
movin_up
Driver

Originally Posted by javyLSU
We're getting off topic again everyone. Please remember this thread is dedicated to the development of the IS350 turbo kit. Any other discussions should not happen in this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Javier
No problem. I just skimmed through the thread, my apologies if you warned others before I got here.

I do hope to see this project completed and definitely look forward to the results!
Old 08-25-09 | 03:26 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus

There was a silver 2JZ'ed 2IS??? I don't mean to thread jack, never heard of this!

last I heard this guy spent some ridiculous amount of money, got screwed shop after shop...non-running
Old 08-25-09 | 03:29 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry Javier! Just irritates me a bit that they haven't given solid updates. Weirdazndu, i'm sure the final product will be more than satisfactory and i look forward to seeing and hearing your IS350 spool
Old 08-28-09 | 11:38 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

YAWN....... another car payment went out and another day without my IS350
Old 08-29-09 | 08:12 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
YAWN....... another car payment went out and another day without my IS350
Man I sure do feel for ya man.. with all that publicity and your car being there sure would make me a nervous wreck. Hope all works out for you.
Old 08-29-09 | 09:59 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2k2 R1

last I heard this guy spent some ridiculous amount of money, got screwed shop after shop...non-running
OFFTOPIC: I actually met the owner of this car on wednesday.... car is now in good hands and will be transported to Lance (Toyomoto) to finish the job....

Details:
HKS 3.4L Stroker Kit
GT42 .90mm housing
Brembo BBK (I think he said 8 pot front 4 pot rears)
Supra Getrag Tranny
Good for 1200HP

Hes contemplating doing a custom wide body set-up and ordering a set of custom built 3 piece wheels to fit a nice big lip in the rear

Car should be up & running hopefully within a month.

Car was originally at Speed Shop down here in Miami but they TOTALLY screwed him over (I HIGHLY recommend staying away from that place). He told me that he gave them a huge amount of parts & they swapped those parts for cheaper parts & kept the good parts.
Old 08-30-09 | 07:01 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

I know this post isn't helpfull at all... I know... but I'm just saying it, while everyone is thinking it.

GO GET YOUR *#!@ing CAR BACK!!

Enjoy that its not the fastest car in the neighborhood... Someone will always beat you out in the Horse Power game, even a 98' rice Civic can. Enjoy that your car is one of the hottest on the road. Enjoy that your car is modded super sweet and breaks necks. And most of all enjoy your car period, which right now your not, becuase you don't have it

Bro, get that ish back. This is crazy. Its clear they are not giving your car any priority. I'm not coming at you in any way. I'm just blazing mad for your situation!

I think you may be letting yourself get taken a bit. 3 weeks was promised. 3 months have passed with basically zero progress.

I'm sorry man, I'm just saying... if this was me, in your shoes - either skulls would be rolling, I would have free turbo's, or I would at least have my car back.
Old 08-30-09 | 07:18 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
I know this post isn't helpfull at all... I know... but I'm just saying it, while everyone is thinking it.

GO GET YOUR *#!@ing CAR BACK!!

Enjoy that its not the fastest car in the neighborhood... Someone will always beat you out in the Horse Power game, even a 98' rice Civic can. Enjoy that your car is one of the hottest on the road. Enjoy that your car is modded super sweet and breaks necks. And most of all enjoy your car period, which right now your not, becuase you don't have it

Bro, get that ish back. This is crazy. Its clear they are not giving your car any priority. I'm not coming at you in any way. I'm just blazing mad for your situation!

I think you may be letting yourself get taken a bit. 3 weeks was promised. 3 months have passed with basically zero progress.

I'm sorry man, I'm just saying... if this was me, in your shoes - either skulls would be rolling, I would have free turbo's, or I would at least have my car back.
x2

I second that this is utterly ridiculous 3 weeks has turned to countless months with no updates or hope in sight I think your fighting a losing battle
Old 08-31-09 | 10:47 AM
colHolM
Rookie

At the very least you need to go talk to them, and see what's up.

Quick Reply: Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread