Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-09, 07:02 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't wait for SEMA!
Old 10-01-09, 07:14 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
Update: FINALLY talked to Kenny personally on the phone.

He apologizes heavily for the looong delay. Says that they have about 5 cars that they are working on that HAVE to be complete before SEMA, one of them being the IS-C. Anyways long story short he says that my car will for sure be complete before SEMA and also along with everything hes making the wait worth it for me

Honestly, i was pretty sure that this was the situation. SEMA is the biggest show for all these manufactures. I know it has been a long wait but I just cant pull the plug on it now (what alot of people were talling me to do) especially waiting sooooo long. Things like these take time. SO anyways SEMA is November 3rd. Ill have it before then
that's 32 days from now, so good to know that you're being patient in light off the delay in delivery date.

keep us updated. i believe there are quite a few 2is owners that are quite anxious to see the end result.
Old 10-01-09, 07:39 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He apologizes heavily for the looong delay. Says that they have about 5 cars that they are working on that HAVE to be complete before SEMA, one of them being the IS-C. Anyways long story short he says that my car will for sure be complete before SEMA and also along with everything hes making the wait worth it for me

Honestly, i was pretty sure that this was the situation. SEMA is the biggest show for all these manufactures. I know it has been a long wait but I just cant pull the plug on it now (what alot of people were talling me to do) especially waiting sooooo long. Things like these take time. SO anyways SEMA is November 3rd. Ill have it before then
thats the way to hang in there, now that your going through with and will have it soon, you know people are going to have more to say. it still may be worth a trip down there, i wonder if the is c is there?
tempting i might get off early enough to make if not next friday for sure
Old 10-01-09, 08:17 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is your car gonna be at SEMA also?
WALD + boost = i drool all over your car
Old 10-01-09, 09:32 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by suka4thong
is your car gonna be at SEMA also?
WALD + boost = i drool all over your car
im thinking about trying out for that Lexus at SEMA contest. But as of right no
Old 10-01-09, 10:13 PM
areukhmer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big up to you with all this patient and i hope the ending result turn out as we all wanted!!! i cant wait till SEMA either!!
Old 10-02-09, 03:50 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

hopefully they were being straight up to you. and you get your car back. cannot wait to see some numbers even though i drive a 250. GL
Old 10-02-09, 05:38 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

im thinking about trying out for that Lexus at SEMA contest. But as of right no
let me know when you get your car back so I can steal it lmao. hope you get it back soon, we all know you waited long enough.
Old 10-02-09, 06:27 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Nice!!! I'm happy that finally there has been an update on this. I'm excited to see how it looks, more importantly how it sounds!!!
Old 10-02-09, 06:43 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

He's just blowing smoke up your *** to buy himself another month of peace from you. If he has 5 cars that "have to be complete before SEMA", and yours isn't one of them, then your car will fall to the bottom of his priority list until after SEMA.
Old 10-02-09, 07:26 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

way to be negative^^^^ as to the OP way to be patient man. i know i couldnt have waited that long. as soon as my 350 is paid off. i will be boosting it also. maybe not having these guys doing (no offense) but i wanna run a twin turbo setup also
Old 10-02-09, 07:52 AM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mv350
way to be negative^^^^ as to the OP way to be patient man. i know i couldnt have waited that long. as soon as my 350 is paid off. i will be boosting it also. maybe not having these guys doing (no offense) but i wanna run a twin turbo setup also
He's not being negative. It's the truth, they're just buying time. I mean c'mon...they had 4 months to complete. I'm still for the OP
Old 10-02-09, 07:55 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

And no matter how much time they want to take, it's simply impossible they'll deliver anywhere near their promised results on the stock engine internals.

ya canna change the laws of physics cap'n
Old 10-02-09, 08:03 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mv350
After reading my post again, I don't see why you would call it "negative". It's just wisdom that comes from 39 years of life experience. I personally believe Wierdazndu's patience and gullability is WHY he still doesn't have his car back.
Old 10-02-09, 08:06 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Have you ever heard the saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"? Wierdazndu isn't going to get any grease before SEMA unless he starts sqeaking louder than the owners of those other 5 cars that are supposed to be at SEMA.

Quick Reply: Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread