Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-09, 08:22 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
After reading my post again, I don't see why you would call it "negative". It's just wisdom that comes from 39 years of life experience. I personally believe Wierdazndu's patience and gullability is WHY he still doesn't have his car back.
im sorry i wasnt trying to call your response negative. i know it sould have been done months ago. i mean he is staying positive and optimistic. and i envy him for that
Old 10-02-09, 08:31 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok ok ok how bout we stop all the chit chat about "IFs and BUTS". lets just wait and see
If they can turbo it and get the numbers then GREAT. if they cant then ill get my car back and go on with my life.
Old 10-02-09, 09:54 AM
Srd555
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
ok ok ok how bout we stop all the chit chat about "IFs and BUTS". lets just wait and see
If they can turbo it and get the numbers then GREAT. if they cant then ill get my car back and go on with my life.

The world was flat at one time too and a select few proved otherwise. Go for it

You got all the positive vibes I can send you dude

Git er done.....lol
Old 10-02-09, 04:06 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I waisted a lot of money and time while rubbing rabbits feet when I was in my early 20's too. The thing is that this isn't about "IFs and BUTS". It's about "Did and will continue to do". Kenny has made you his *****. He wouldn't be where he is today without young people with more money than sense that cling to hope that history won't repeat itself.

How does that saying go ... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on ...

How many times is Kenny going to fool you?
Old 10-02-09, 04:38 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gernby
I waisted a lot of money and time while rubbing rabbits feet when I was in my early 20's too. The thing is that this isn't about "IFs and BUTS". It's about "Did and will continue to do". Kenny has made you his *****. He wouldn't be where he is today without young people with more money than sense that cling to hope that history won't repeat itself.

How does that saying go ... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on ...

How many times is Kenny going to fool you?
whatever you want to call it is all good with me old man (jk) maybe i do have to much money for my own good. Maybe i have too much hope or put to much faith in him. It is what it is I guess
Old 10-02-09, 09:06 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Question

Just wondering...

Did you every get any pictures as they stated below...?

- Joe Z

Went around Kenny and talked to sean over at turbochargers.com. Heres the email that i got.

"They are about 75% done with the kit. The underside of the car is done, and they are finishing the intercooler side and throttle body piping.

It's on the ground right now, but they should have it up in the air early next week, and I can send you some pics."
Old 10-02-09, 09:31 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

whoa whoa whoa... kid? im a 21 year old man! haha

But naw i aint paranoid. the risk is all apart of the game

Your 21 and you've done that much to your car already?! Baller... Hope everything works out and for always being positive!
Old 10-03-09, 05:10 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Pictures!!!
Old 10-03-09, 06:39 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

dude i hope when im 21 i can do this shizzle:thumup:
Old 10-04-09, 07:24 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck to the original poster. Hopefully you get your car back sooner than later.

Ive done lots of research on Kenny Strickler. Hes the guy who clams to be able to tune and make a 800whp Isf. The main reason i haven't blown my money with his company is that i have never seen PROOF that anything ground breaking has been done. His clam of being able to tune the Lexus ecm is BS...

Im sure your going to like the kit but ide say 60whp max is what your going to get out of an is350 on 5-6psi.

Looking forward to the update...

This Link Might give you the idea of the type of issues that you might have to deal with.
http://www.lexusf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1934

Last edited by MRxSLAYx; 10-04-09 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-04-09, 02:33 PM
kikaida
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Good Luck to the original poster. Hopefully you get your car back sooner than later.

Ive done lots of research on Kenny Strickler. Hes the guy who clams to be able to tune and make a 800whp Isf. The main reason i haven't blown my money with his company is that i have never seen PROOF that anything ground breaking has been done. His clam of being able to tune the Lexus ecm is BS...

Im sure your going to like the kit but ide say 60whp max is what your going to get out of an is350 on 5-6psi.

This Link Might give you the idea of the type of issues that you might have to deal with.
Woah thanks for the info. That's one hacked job.
Old 10-04-09, 10:59 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx

LOL turbochargers.com
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=555932

Last edited by japspec; 10-04-09 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-05-09, 06:03 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Enough about Kenny, he was discussed a few pages ago.

Most important thing is that he promised to finish the car, and if he ever wants to slap another one of his turbo kits onto an IS, especially for a CL member, he will need to do a great job.
Old 10-06-09, 06:22 PM
htownis300
Driver School Candidate

i took this from houston-imports.com on the turbochargers.com section FYI
**Under New Management**
Some of you may be aware and some may not. Kenny Strickler (Turbochargers) and Sean Newton (Nester) are no longer employed by Turbochargers.com. Turbochargers.com is now managed by a team effort between myself, Jack Markgraf and "JonGu", John Nguyen.

We realize that the local and national reputation of this company has been severely tarnished by poor business practices and horrible customer service for the past several years and we are determined to change that and earn back and repair the trust that has been broken. We will offer up front and honest professional service to all customers in addition to competitive pricing on all of the highly desired brands and manufacturers. I will not get into details or e-bashing; just know that Turbochargers.com has turned over a new leaf effective immediately. We are here to serve our customers with the utmost respect and the highest service possible. Whether it be a $2 gasket or a $7k+ turbo setup, you will feel appreciated as our customer. I have been on the consumer side of the industry and I know what it feels like to be treated badly and that will not happen in this company any longer.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-07-09 at 01:10 PM. Reason: removed sales pitch part of post
Old 10-06-09, 06:54 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ A possible explanation for the delays? A very interesting development...

Quick Reply: Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread