Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 03:13 PM
Raider#81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
10/7/09 UPDATE:

Ok so heres the news. SO many of you may know Kenny Strickler has been fired by turbochargers.com. So today i called up there to try to figure out what is gonna happen with my car now. In case anyone doesnt know, I dropped it off 4 months ago with an understading that they were going to use my car as a prototype to produce a turbo system as they did with the IS-F, also with the understanding that it was going to be 50% of what the retail cost would be.

Anyways, I called up there and at first got an operator and they asked to identify who i was and so I did. "My name is John, I have my IS350 up there being turbo'ed". So they put me on hold. Next person that picks up says, "Hey im David, the owner"...... the next words out of his mouth is, "Kenny no longer works here, he has made many promises to many people and has had many cars here being worked on for months and has blew so much smoke up peoples "butts" that its ridiculous." ............ On to the point, i asked what now with my car. Basically he gave me 2 options;

First option, he said that they can finish the turbo for me but they dont plan on producing it. The car is already 75% done and he says they can do that in 2 weeks guarenteed. Only thing is, now instead of the agreed upon price between me and Kenny of $4000, it would now cost me $8000!!. He says that the price of $4000 is impossible. I explained to him that is the price that was agreed upon, that is what i planned for, and that is what im willing to pay.

Second option, He can return the car back to stock. I can pick it up like nothing happen. Cost of that would be $1000.

BOTH ARE RIDICULOUS OPTIONS!!! I dont care if Kenny doesnt work there anymore but he was hired as the manager there and he represented them until the last customer that Kenny interacted with is taken care of. At this point I just want my car back. I dont believe that i should have to pay for anything. I did not go there asking for them to specifically build a turbo for my car. I was told that they were looking for volunteers and I was willing to volunteer and go beyond that by paying a portion and shipping my car down there myself at my cost! Im not mad and im not talking **** on turbochargers.com or its owner David and im not talking **** on Kenny. It has already cost me $500 to get my car trailered down to Houston from St. Louis, $500 a month for the past 4 months for the car that I cant drive, and now it will cost me another $500 to drive the car back. I refuse to pay another $1000 just to get it back the way it came with NO upgrades.

So the questions is, What should I do now?
Dude I would have lost it. Kudos to you for keeping your cool . File a complaint with BBB.org and take legal actions? I sure as heck would not pay them a dime to put my car back together.
Old 10-07-09, 03:16 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

^^ I agree. Do you have any paperwork on the work that was to be done? And get a Lawyer. I'd like to think that they would honor the original contract if a lawsuit were threatened. Sorry to hear about this. Lame, at least theres a set of working headers now
Old 10-07-09, 03:41 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like everyone is saying, I would hire a lawyer. And get my car back without paying a single penny. At this point they should either finish up what they promised you at either the price it was agreed upon or at lower rate. Thats what I would fight for, but knowing that if you request that. They will tear your car apart, i would just settle to get my car back w.o the turbo. Im surprised that you kept your cool.
I hope that you have some paper work.
Im really sorry about this, but I think you should really try to get some money. Just to teach them a lesson about business. Im sure to you money is not really the issue, but i feel like its more about the moral.

Good luck.
Old 10-07-09, 04:33 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

A verbal contract is just as binding as a written one, and Kenny was authorized at the time to make that contract. Turbochargers.com will have to honor that contract. This thread may help you prove your case in court.
Old 10-07-09, 04:37 PM
GS3T
Lead Lap

So much for them turning over a new leaf.
Old 10-07-09, 04:40 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

im so sorry to hear about this man. im with javy and joe z
Old 10-07-09, 05:08 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Another student enrolled in the school of hard knocks. Things learned during your DD should have had you prepared for the worse with this outfit. Legal action is in order. Get out the check book as you have more tuition payments before this ordeal is done I'm afraid. Good luck.
Old 10-07-09, 05:25 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for those wondering about Fox Marketing IS C

Brian Fox:
"Developing supercharger kit buddy. Should be done next weekend!"
Old 10-07-09, 05:58 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Damn dude I can't imagine how mad you are now. I hope you get your car back and you don't have to pay a penny. I would be on a man hunt for Kenny right now if I were you.

Also who the fk are they to tell you to pay $1000 for letting your car sit in their garage.

Last edited by nmpeter; 10-07-09 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-07-09, 06:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,955 Likes on 2,395 Posts

Retain an attorney to make it all happen.

Tell them you'll be down to pick up the car in it's current condition and you'll pay them nothing because nothing has been delivered. Take the car to a dealership, have them restore it to stock, and send them the bill with a note advising them they can choose to pay the bill or they can see you in court for the costs (ALL of them) plus damages for the breached contract and reasonable attorney's fees. I honestly would not trust them to restore the car to stock at this point, they'll just slap it together and call it a day as soon as you sign the work order.

They need to pay for this, one way or another. Firing Strickler does not absolve them from responsibility for the contracts he made.
Old 10-07-09, 06:18 PM
FoxCars
Driver

I found out the SAME THING on my turbo kit as well that was promised to me. So, I'm saying screw it and I am going to develop a SuperCharger kit next week for my IS350C. Bottom line, Artisan did a great job on my Twin Turbo IS F kit and people on this board saw it on my car and contacted them, that is how they got exposure! I have been doing this and engineering parts since 1997 so force induction is not new to me. I have an option for a SuperCharger, I'm using that on my car to see if I can put my name behind it. 6k is what the price point should have been for the Artisan kit and as long as it make power, that is all I care about!
Old 10-07-09, 06:30 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Sorry about the Sad & Bad News...!!

Get a lawyer to make a call on your behalf.

Hope you had something in writing, like a contract..

Joe Z
That is all I have to say about that I think you should fight for the original price you were told and possibly even compensation for the months that you were paying for your car

But on the other hand You should also consider the cost of a lawyer to handle this situation and possibly consider cutting your loses
Old 10-07-09, 07:00 PM
MIA_LEX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Retain an attorney to make it all happen.

Tell them you'll be down to pick up the car in it's current condition and you'll pay them nothing because nothing has been delivered. Take the car to a dealership, have them restore it to stock, and send them the bill with a note advising them they can choose to pay the bill or they can see you in court for the costs (ALL of them) plus damages for the breached contract and reasonable attorney's fees. I honestly would not trust them to restore the car to stock at this point, they'll just slap it together and call it a day as soon as you sign the work order.

They need to pay for this, one way or another. Firing Strickler does not absolve them from responsibility for the contracts he made.

Very smart person^^^
I agree....don't let them put it back together god only knows what they would do to it. The owner sounds like a dckhead.
Old 10-07-09, 07:14 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow... this would be an interesting case for the people's court.
Old 10-07-09, 07:38 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with lobuxracer ! If everything goes well what I would do next is screw them over by squeezing whatever is possible out of their pocket

Quick Reply: Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread