Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 08:26 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang man, I feel so bad for you man (being 100% optimistic that this was going to happen), let me know if you need anything, since I'm down here. I don't think I would want them to finish or do anything further to my vehicle..............its reached that point man, favor for a friend.

On friday im going to complete my scheduled task and go up there as if i don't know this conversation ever took place and ask if its finished (probably wont have to since it'll be outside in the front with the other cars) to see what i can see, and get some pics.

unless you advise me not to, considering the last time i was up there they said it would be done in 2 weeks.

dang bro, i cant even imagine, i really thought this was going to happen.
Old 10-07-09, 08:40 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks bro... If you could man, i would def appreciate if you go up there and see if my car is outside and what shape its in. I should be in Houston soon. Ill have to take ya out to lunch. Are you gonna go to Stance of the Union?
Old 10-07-09, 08:50 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no problem bro, i would want someone to do the same for me.

i think SOTU is in Dallas and i dont plan on making that 4 hour drive.
Old 10-07-09, 08:52 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm glad to see you kept your cool.... its better that way, they might **** with it more if you were to ***** at them...

i'd do what Joe Z & lobxracer said....

i was really hoping for this turbo kit to come out.... props to you for taking one for the lexus community
best of luck with everything... keep us posted

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Sorry about the Sad & Bad News...!!

Get a lawyer to make a call on your behalf.

Hope you had something in writing, like a contract..

Joe Z
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Retain an attorney to make it all happen.

Tell them you'll be down to pick up the car in it's current condition and you'll pay them nothing because nothing has been delivered. Take the car to a dealership, have them restore it to stock, and send them the bill with a note advising them they can choose to pay the bill or they can see you in court for the costs (ALL of them) plus damages for the breached contract and reasonable attorney's fees. I honestly would not trust them to restore the car to stock at this point, they'll just slap it together and call it a day as soon as you sign the work order.

They need to pay for this, one way or another. Firing Strickler does not absolve them from responsibility for the contracts he made.

Last edited by Tommy350; 10-07-09 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-07-09, 08:55 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
no problem bro, i would want someone to do the same for me.

i think SOTU is in Dallas and i dont plan on making that 4 hour drive.
Dude again i def appreciate it. But yea i have family in Dallas so Id be hanging out there driving home from Houston.
Old 10-07-09, 08:56 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

ouch...what was the original price they quoted you for the turbo? Half of $4000 = $2000?
Old 10-07-09, 09:04 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

^^ no he said it was going to be somewhere under $4000 but there might be some extra cost not to exceed $4000 overall cost.
Old 10-07-09, 09:05 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phiber
ouch...what was the original price they quoted you for the turbo? Half of $4000 = $2000?
no i think the kit was going to be 8 grand and he'd pay 4
Old 10-07-09, 09:07 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
^^ no he said it was going to be somewhere under $4000 but there might be some extra cost not to exceed $4000 overall cost.
try to negotiate with them. Are you willing to pay $4000 for the turbos? They said it is 75% done I mean if they are willing to accept the $4000 offer I dont see why not.
Old 10-07-09, 09:10 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

With the way everything has been going I wouldn't doubt that they weren't even 50% done yet alone 75%
Old 10-07-09, 09:13 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Phiber
try to negotiate with them. Are you willing to pay $4000 for the turbos? They said it is 75% done I mean if they are willing to accept the $4000 offer I dont see why not.
ummm i did try and negotiate with them... im not going to get into specifics but i told them id be willing to pay more than $4000 and the OWNER said he wont take less than $8000. Oh well it is what it is. Im not looking for a charity case. Im just looking for a business to deliver on their end of the deal. If not then just please give me my car back as it was when i delivered it there.... and we can all go on like it never happened. But... i feel like hes trying to screw me out of $1000 for nothin. I understand you lost money but so did I. Hes a millionaire and im a thousandaire.... we both equally lost.
Old 10-07-09, 09:29 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

^^ and you know what, another thing, I dont feel like i should be punished for his ex-managers mistakes. I have nothing to do with turbochagers.com. Like i said earlier i volunteered to have my car used. I was taking a HUGE risk to have it turbo'd. If anything was to happen, ie: engine blowing up, then i woulda payed for it. Id be happy to pay $1000 if i was receiving any sort of service. Basically he wants me to pay $1000 for 4 months of empty promises, lies, the run around, alot of grief, and a car exactly the same way it was before. Do i have the money? Yes, obviously i do. Its the principle of everything though. I have a checkbook, and i WILL GLADLY write a $1000 check or even more of a check if that stops any of my money from getting into Turbochargers.com pockets.

The owner of turbochargers.com wasnt watching his business closely enough. He appointed a person in a position to make business decisions and run his shop accordingly but if there are mistakes made a consumer should not have to pay for those mistakes.

anyways sorry for venting.... just frustrated and stressed tonight.
Old 10-07-09, 09:48 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
^^ and you know what, another thing, I dont feel like i should be punished for his ex-managers mistakes. I have nothing to do with turbochagers.com. Like i said earlier i volunteered to have my car used. I was taking a HUGE risk to have it turbo'd. If anything was to happen, ie: engine blowing up, then i woulda payed for it. Id be happy to pay $1000 if i was receiving any sort of service. Basically he wants me to pay $1000 for 4 months of empty promises, lies, the run around, alot of grief, and a car exactly the same way it was before. Do i have the money? Yes, obviously i do. Its the principle of everything though. I have a checkbook, and i WILL GLADLY write a $1000 check or even more of a check if that stops any of my money from getting into Turbochargers.com pockets.

The owner of turbochargers.com wasnt watching his business closely enough. He appointed a person in a position to make business decisions and run his shop accordingly but if there are mistakes made a consumer should not have to pay for those mistakes.

anyways sorry for venting.... just frustrated and stressed tonight.

**** for 1000 bux Ill drive out with with my buddies repo truck

Edit: on second thought I wouldnt wanna mess up your car
Old 10-07-09, 09:51 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

can't you receive the car in AS-IS condition? And look for a shop locally to see if they know how to finish the rest?
Old 10-08-09, 12:34 AM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Damn i feel bad for you.. Especially when you were always positive throughout the thread ignoring all the negative comments. Thanks for going through all that for the lexus community. After everything is resolved you should definitely post this all over the internet... Good luck!

Quick Reply: Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread