Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09 | 07:20 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

hey fellas when i go tomorrow is there anything i should be looking for in particular?

i mean the hood will probably be closed, so im thinking maybe the piping since they said its 75% done. there should be some difference, did they say anything had been done besides the piping?

im taking my camera so i can make a lil vid and post it later on tomorrow.
Old 10-08-09 | 07:22 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

ask em if it runs/driveable?
Old 10-09-09 | 12:26 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
ask em if it runs/driveable?
if it is, cut your losses short - take the car asap and run with your title, broken contract, and spare key in hand.

it's a big headache to get a bad company to do something completely right, and the law always takes forever to make anything happen.

this is the same company that you allegedly heard mock the owner of the TT-ISF for spending all of his settlement money?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post4564868
Old 10-09-09 | 02:08 AM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

You should go there to talk CALMLY to resolve the issue. Yelling and such wouldn't help the situation. However, if they still stand firm on their BS prices and options then you unleash a VERBAL can of whoopass on them. In the dialogue make sure you mention, Better Business Bureau, court of law, federal trade commission for “unfair and deceptive acts or practices, decrease in business once you start to badmouth their company in every car forum, etc.....if that don't resolve it THEN you can unleash a fury of PHYSICAL *** whooping....or take him to court. Not sure if you want to remove the car by force.....wouldn't that release them from any liabilty?

Last edited by bangdangvn; 10-09-09 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-09-09 | 02:47 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

wow, i'm so sorry this happened.

I know exactly how you feel because myself and others in the Lexus community have been scammed out of thousands from Roo @ Fetch Label.

I would suggest you first talk to a lawyer and he can write a letter from his firm to start legal action if they are not willing to cooperate.
Old 10-09-09 | 06:50 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, i cannot believe this.

While the owner of Turbochargers.com is doing whatever the hell he wants.. Kenny messes up his business.. Kenny gets fired.. and all of a sudden they can turn over a new leaf? What about the damage done to the previous customers? An assembly fee of $1000.00 and 8 times that for the kit is freakin non sense! What is he thinking? Does he not understand that his reputation and this so called ' new leaf ' is going to be diminished in the eyes of Lexus owners forever? I doubt he will get another IS-F for TT from a CL member.

This makes no sense at all, he needs to own up to Kenny's false promises. I understand you don't want to go the legal route but i believe it is needed, what could they possible pin against you in this case? An attorney needs to contact them to resolve this.

You need to call him back and give HIM the ultimatum, that if he doesn't finish your kit for $4k, you are not afraid to spend more to make sure that he will regret not giving you that price. Right now, i think the last thing he wants is a lawsuit on his hands, so toss one in his lap.
Old 10-09-09 | 11:10 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus
I doubt he will get another IS-F for TT from a CL member.
or anything from ANY CL member thats read this
Old 10-09-09 | 12:53 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sakataj
or anything from ANY CL member thats read this
From the sound of things they're not turning this into a production kit, so I don't expect they were planning to sell to anybody reading this thread anyway. (not that it makes their behavior any less inexcusable)
Old 10-09-09 | 03:04 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Went by today and saw your car bro, the front bumper was off and I couldn't see any visible Work I tried to look under the car but it was pouring down raining. I took a lil vid and snaped some pics, I talked to an older guy inside anD asked if it was running and he replied its had a lot of work done to it. Saying how it cost 10k to do since its a lot of work, he even said its not really worth it. Ill post the pics vid and more detAils latEr.sEnt from My blackberry
Old 10-09-09 | 03:16 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Btw the silver isf made it too the garage and was on the lift, the twin turbo blue isf from vegas was there parked next to u along with a black one so someone is spending the 15k which is probably why they're not negotiating
Old 10-09-09 | 05:09 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

it sounds like they are too caught up in installing kits on the F's and other installs. if I were them I would hurry up and get a kit out there on the market for the 350's cuz they would probably have more business coming for those kits plus the installs they are already doing. but that's my thought.

idk why they say the piping isn't done cuz ive had experience with building twin turbos on the car I'm building now and it really doesn't take 4 or 5 months to do the piping. since no pictures have been sent to the OP, it sounds like they are lying or misleading everyone about the progress.

good luck to the OP
Old 10-09-09 | 06:09 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Old 10-09-09 | 06:18 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

ill post the vid later its nothing special since they were watching me
Old 10-09-09 | 06:23 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

seeesh talk about 4x4... they mustve had the air ride all the way up
Old 10-09-09 | 06:48 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

ill have to go back when its not raining plus i have this freakin cold so i didn't feel to well, but i figured i'd give it a shot.

so i noticed the saleen was gone and that their garage was full with cars, there was a c class benz nsx is f and some other cars in the garage getting worked on, which is a difference since the last time i went in which there seemed to be an import parking lot out front.

so i walked in and asked about the setup in your car and the guy starts telling me about the pricing being around 10k. he said its A CUSTOM job not a regular install. So then i asked if it was running and he said its had a lot of work done to it and its not finished. he went on to say that it was A LOT of work. I then asked about the Is-F that was outside and he said that it would be 15k, which i already knew.

considering this shop had three f's there awaiting TT, i figured that the 10k you would spend would be like chump change since their pumping the power into the f's like that. i then acted like i was interested in doing the single turbo job and he said that i would have to wait until they finished your car and then the price would still be around 7.5-8k. he said that they have to make the jigs and its a CUSTOM job.

long story short, 10k is way too expensive for boost, even they agree with that so why would they try to charge you such an unreasonable amount. ohh i forgot its a CUSTOM job, not a regular install. sound a like a little trickery to me.

sorry if this isnt clear but im tired and i will post the vid soon, i tried my best to get a vid under the car, but couldn't due to weather.

Last edited by 350PsDMeuP; 10-09-09 at 06:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Artisan Turbo IS350 Progress Thread