Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-09, 06:31 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F-Sport Supercharger?

Hey guys I have had my IS250 now for a few months and ive been buying little things for my car here and there but I am really just intrested now in buying F-Sport products. One mostly for its quality and fitment 2 because it wont void my very precious lexus warranty. Well I just got dont watching the riceboy tv interview of the IS250 F-Sport and I want every F-Sport part now lol car seems great. My real question is they mention at the end about Lexus should make a F-Sport supercharger for the IS250 has anybody herad about this being done? Do you think Lexus will ever produce something like this I know there are many guys out there that would defitnitley take the plunge and buy one and I know toyota had made them for the scion, celicas and there truck line so why not the IS250 and IS350?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 05-26-09, 06:47 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG stop asking about boost for the IS250. ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!! do you realize for the $5K-$6K you spend on the kit you might get less HP then an IS350 stock? If you can get an extra 100hp you just getting to the level of the IS350. For that money you can trade for an IS350 instead and save alot of hassle and money. Even talking to Kenny of turbochargers.com this is what he said to me, "Boost for the IS250 would just be stupid". Another thing, that is their toyota and scion line. This is there Lexus lineup. They arent thinking about street racing or what not when they develop a lexus. Scion and celicas on the other hand are obviously "tuner" style cars.

If you can give me one good reason that anyone will boost the IS250 ill personally fly to where ever you are in my bosses plane, and buy you lunch.
Old 05-26-09, 07:05 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
OMG stop asking about boost for the IS250. ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!! do you realize for the $5K-$6K you spend on the kit you might get less HP then an IS350 stock? If you can get an extra 100hp you just getting to the level of the IS350. For that money you can trade for an IS350 instead and save alot of hassle and money. Even talking to Kenny of turbochargers.com this is what he said to me, "Boost for the IS250 would just be stupid". Another thing, that is their toyota and scion line. This is there Lexus lineup. They arent thinking about street racing or what not when they develop a lexus. Scion and celicas on the other hand are obviously "tuner" style cars.

If you can give me one good reason that anyone will boost the IS250 ill personally fly to where ever you are in my bosses plane, and buy you lunch.

Hmmm one big reason gay *** automatic in the 350 can only handle so much power!!! Where 250 has the manual to build up and didnt the tuner scene start with kids trying to build the smallest car and make the most power of of it!?!? I like the 350 alot there great because of there displacement and all but they still only have an automatic for them which the paddle shift works nothing like the ISF its just a regular automatic car and if you think about why waist time buidling a 350 when you could get a ISF if you want to make that arguement. I dont want to fight with anyone all I wanted to ask if they were every going to produce this why is everyone so harsh on here I was justa asking a question about a subject I heard about thats it. Just because someone does soemthing different doesnt mean its a bad thing to try. One last thing if lexus wasnt thinking about street racing and tuner scene why did they develope the F-Sport line???
Old 05-26-09, 07:09 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott22
Hmmm one big reason gay *** automatic in the 350 can only handle so much power!!! Where 250 has the manual to build up and didnt the tuner scene start with kids trying to build the smallest car and make the most power of of it!?!? I like the 350 alot there great because of there displacement and all but they still only have an automatic for them which the paddle shift works nothing like the ISF its just a regular automatic car and if you think about why waist time buidling a 350 when you could get a ISF if you want to make that arguement. I dont want to fight with anyone all I wanted to ask if they were every going to produce this why is everyone so harsh on here I was justa asking a question about a subject I heard about thats it. Just because someone does soemthing different doesnt mean its a bad thing to try. One last thing if lexus wasnt thinking about street racing and tuner scene why did they develope the F-Sport line???

If you're racing someone you're going to get to the finish line faster in an automatic, not some antique clutch-pedal car.

And if the crappy manual in the 250 could hold an extra 100+ hp they probably -would- have offered it in the 350. Since they don't, it'd probably going to break anyway even if you found a way to add that much power.

Versus just spending $3500 more when you buy the car to get a 350 that already has 100+ more hp and a full warranty.

If you could get an IS-F new for $3500 more than a new 350 with the same options your comparison would hold valid.

It was more like 10-15k more last I checked though.

Oh, and since none of the F-sport parts make your car significantly faster I'm pretty sure they weren't selling em to make any money off actual racers.

Now, actual RICERS, maybe...
Old 05-26-09, 07:24 AM
rac2max
Driver

honestly, I bought an IS250 6MT not because it's fast (obviously not)....because it's fuel efficient and it's a MANUAL, I just like the manual plain and simple
Old 05-26-09, 07:27 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
If you're racing someone you're going to get to the finish line faster in an automatic, not some antique clutch-pedal car.

And if the crappy manual in the 250 could hold an extra 100+ hp they probably -would- have offered it in the 350. Since they don't, it'd probably going to break anyway even if you found a way to add that much power.

Versus just spending $3500 more when you buy the car to get a 350 that already has 100+ more hp and a full warranty.

If you could get an IS-F new for $3500 more than a new 350 with the same options your comparison would hold valid.

It was more like 10-15k more last I checked though.

Oh, and since none of the F-sport parts make your car significantly faster I'm pretty sure they weren't selling em to make any money off actual racers.

Now, actual RICERS, maybe...
I like having manual it gives you that actual feeling for the car where an automatic well anybody can drive that no skill required......

Yes but see I can build my manual different clutch fly wheel or later on different gears and sychros you cannot without a whole new setup maybe a th400...

It is justified if your going to turbo a 350 and only make the same or less power as an ISF and spend 10-15k trying to boost this vehicle so yes it does make very much sense. Considering the ISf will have its warranty you will not....

Yes that is true but they help your car perform better as a whole and kepp your warranty the one thing you just complained about above about adding power quit contradicting your self. Also they dont just add power but stability and control also to the vehicle.

But I guess I wont get the answer I was looking for once again some people just feel like they have to say how great there vehicle is over everyone else. Stay out of this thread unless your going to contribute to what I had asked above I just wanted a simple answer that was it. I have had some good exp on here so far but **** like this is not needed. I am in no way mad at the two people that had posted above I just feel like this arguing is getting us no where so I would just like to please get back on subject.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 05-26-09, 07:29 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rac2max
honestly, I bought an IS250 6MT not because it's fast (obviously not)....because it's fuel efficient and it's a MANUAL, I just like the manual plain and simple
It is fun I had mine at the local track here the other week and had no problems actaully it performed better the more I beat on it lol go figure.
Old 05-26-09, 07:53 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Im not trying to pick fights or anything either. If you are asking supercharger for your car I already answered it, no i dont believe this is going to happen.

Last edited by Wierdazndu; 05-26-09 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-26-09, 08:01 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Guys, keep this on topic and mature please.
Old 05-26-09, 08:26 AM
colHolM
Rookie

Unfortunately for us, there is no F-Sport forced induction system under development (or will there be) for anything in the IS lineup. Several things contribute to this; the market for it is so small we could never hope to recoup the R&D costs associated with a reliable system, and the engines are optimized for power/fuel efficiency/reliability already...

The items you see for sale now (rims, suspension, exhaust, etc.) are all comparably cheap to develop, and many are outsourced anyways.
Old 05-26-09, 09:00 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by colHolM
Unfortunately for us, there is no F-Sport forced induction system under development (or will there be) for anything in the IS lineup. Several things contribute to this; the market for it is so small we could never hope to recoup the R&D costs associated with a reliable system, and the engines are optimized for power/fuel efficiency/reliability already...

The items you see for sale now (rims, suspension, exhaust, etc.) are all comparably cheap to develop, and many are outsourced anyways.
Ok thanks this is the answer I was looking for. Well that sucks but is understandable I know HKS makes the exhaust but and hotchkis makes the suspension stuff so makes perfect sense.
Old 05-26-09, 09:16 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rac2max
Not to beat the antique horse, but the manual actually gets worse mileage than the automatic does in the IS250... (which is true for an increasing number of cars these days as modern automatics make it into more vehicles)
Old 05-26-09, 09:58 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I like having manual it gives you that actual feeling for the car where an automatic well anybody can drive that no skill required......
That's the point!

back to the topic....

No it's not gonna happen.....need to find a place who's willing to do lightweight flywheel.....
Old 05-26-09, 10:34 AM
rscott22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Not to beat the antique horse, but the manual actually gets worse mileage than the automatic does in the IS250... (which is true for an increasing number of cars these days as modern automatics make it into more vehicles)
Really? I am not saying your wrong but I usually get better then anyone I know with automatic exp my friend with his IS250 auto. When im in 6th gear on the highway at 80 MPH im at exactly 3k RPM'S and when I got a loaner IS250 RWD auto it was reving much higher for some reason idk why it wasnt in sport mode and they are also a six speed just auto so I couldnt figure that out? Could some one fill me in?
Old 05-26-09, 11:32 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Really? I am not saying your wrong but I usually get better then anyone I know with automatic exp my friend with his IS250 auto. When im in 6th gear on the highway at 80 MPH im at exactly 3k RPM'S and when I got a loaner IS250 RWD auto it was reving much higher for some reason idk why it wasnt in sport mode and they are also a six speed just auto so I couldnt figure that out? Could some one fill me in?
Yup, really.

EPA rates the manual IS250 at 18/26
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/2008c...umn=1&id=25871

EPA rates the automatic (RWD) IS250 at 21/29
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/sbs.htm

(note those are the "new" EPA ratings... the old ones had the manual at 20/28 and the automatic at 24/32).

There's an increasing number of cars this is true for anymore, and not just from Lexus.

The Kias of the world you'll probably still see a bit better mileage with a manual for at least a few more years, since they're not putting as much modern engineering into their autos.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Supercharger?