Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 09:14 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen to Tommy and Jeff expect to to pay at least 8 stacks plus, my total is about 9 grand so far and I'm still not done yet as far as drive train and lsd . But here is the most important advice I can give you, if you have any doubts with a shops ability to install and tune your car correctly don't let them touch it many shops will claim their expertise in 2jz's but have only worked on Nismo's , honda's, dsm's, and subies. I had an experience such as this from a alley mechanic *** member on the boards who owns a shop and they did a supreme hack job on it now it is being done correctly as we speak. Research everything from the parts you buy to the shop that is doing the install, and make sure they are familiar with the engine managment you are going to use

Last edited by smuv gs3; 06-12-09 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-12-09, 09:26 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Hell, even big name shops will screw up cars badly. There's a shop here in Dallas that I won't name. They had a customer that dropped a stock IS300 off and he spent around $20k at the shop. They put in all the upgrades including fully built block with forged pistons/rods, turbo kit, clutch, etc. They also dyno tuned it at their facility and then the car let the smoke out. Results was a stack of 6 melted pistons and the car wasn't even making more than 400rwhp!!! Ladies and gentleman, that's on a fully built race block and they managed to melt the freaking pistons. Obviously that guy didn't go back to the shop to fix their mistake, and to make it worse the shop denied all liability and flat out refused to fix the car or compensate him for anything. They even had the nerve to charge $1500 or so to pull the motor out to inspect it AFTER it blew up!

Anyways, that guy is now one of my customers and his car has gone from blown up to rebuilt and ready to pick up in 1 week
Old 06-12-09, 09:42 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Hell, even big name shops will screw up cars badly. There's a shop here in Dallas that I won't name. They had a customer that dropped a stock IS300 off and he spent around $20k at the shop. They put in all the upgrades including fully built block with forged pistons/rods, turbo kit, clutch, etc. They also dyno tuned it at their facility and then the car let the smoke out. Results was a stack of 6 melted pistons and the car wasn't even making more than 400rwhp!!! Ladies and gentleman, that's on a fully built race block and they managed to melt the freaking pistons. Obviously that guy didn't go back to the shop to fix their mistake, and to make it worse the shop denied all liability and flat out refused to fix the car or compensate him for anything. They even had the nerve to charge $1500 or so to pull the motor out to inspect it AFTER it blew up!

Anyways, that guy is now one of my customers and his car has gone from blown up to rebuilt and ready to pick up in 1 week
That is exactly the point I'm getting at Jeff and as far as my situation I had my car towed away from those bastards to SP racing in bensenville ,Il. So to those who want boost make sure you have a Tarp fund available for the unexpected because this is no plug -n -play affair. Hell I wish I could have flown Jeff in to do my car instead lol!!!
Old 06-14-09, 02:12 PM
wardracer
Driver School Candidate

i reside in kansas so driving down there is an option lol.