Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Piggyback ECU for other intakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-02, 10:00 AM
TIKTIK11
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piggyback ECU for other intakes

I have an akimoto intake and am wondering if anyone knows of any piggyback ECU's capable of workin with it similar to that of the SRT Intake. Doubt it but wondering and hoping. I know the Apex-I...whatever, whatever......might be my only solution
Old 03-29-02, 12:24 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

If you have your own intake, the SAFC is probably the easiest route. Greddy makes the e-Manage piggyback (see greddy.com), but I have no background on it. Others on the board talked about the the JET chip, but no one has tried it.

Hope you find something for your intake. I personally like the look and quality of the Akimoto. Like most intakes for the GS, you do need a ECU of some sort to exploit its potential.
Old 03-29-02, 04:31 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Weapon*R ECU works with any intake, if u have AIM contact the lexus sales guy for weaponR (WRLEXUSSALES) or check out the GReddy E-Manage unit which is good, tuneable by laptop i think, or APex'i S-AFC but that has to be professionally tuned.
Old 03-30-02, 09:14 AM
TIKTIK11
Driver

Default Weapon R ECU

Just checked the website, and this ECU is $730 freakin dollars. How is this thing supposed to compare with the SRT ECU and will it make a big difference. I listened to many others on this site and reset my factory ECU which made a huge difference as far as drivertain, throttle response and gear shiffting and am wondering if this is really worth the bux. Also, are there any more places i might be able to check to get a cheaper price. Thanxs Guys.
Old 03-30-02, 12:54 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

well the SRT HFI seemed to loose TQ on the dynos that we have done so i dont think that i would want to pay to loose power but maybe it was the difference of cars.

i cannot be sure of coursre.
Old 04-02-02, 09:48 PM
mayandoom
Driver

Default build it and they will come

An SRT ECU can be made for a few dollars. All it is ,is a few wires and resistors from Radio Shack. It will work with any intake regardless of what SRT says, it's just whether you want to lose TQ by going the SRT route
Old 04-04-02, 01:04 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Default This is the ECU you need, but you need to tune it yourself

Don't quote me but, I am pretty sure WR or Swift ECU use a unit similar to this. They just tune it for the GS so you don't have to do it.

Look to the middle of the page, for MAF TRANSLATOR
http://www.c5forum.com/diy/ltft.php

If you want you can get this unit for a round $150 and tune it yourself.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/corvette...ranslator.html
http://www.vetteguru.com/mods/maf/
Old 04-05-02, 03:37 PM
badassloumd
Driver School Candidate

Angry mayandoom is FULL OF CRAP!

Again,

I have to re-state... You are DEAD WRONG about the SRT ECU. WHY, OH WHY, DO YOU INSIST ON PROCLAIMING YOUR EXPERTISE WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOT DONE ANY RESEARCH ???!!!!!????? Have you even taken the cover off of your SRT ecu? (do not do it! it _will_ void your warranty!) NO!!!! because if you had, you wouldn't be spouting this bull*****!

Saying that you can make an SRT ecu out of radio shack parts is just as STUPID as saying you can make a Lexus engine from parts you found behind the lawn-mower shop! Your post is truly that ignorant.

Again: The SRT ECU is a _very_ sophisticated computer on its own. If you do not know what you are talking about, then keep your damn mouth shut. Do not bash what you not understand. Why are you slandering their product? Again: WHY are you __SLANDERING__ the results of years of SRT research? SRT was the FIRST company to do any original design to _really_ make an intake that makes power. So you try and slam them. Way to encourage progress...

Do you ever tell the truth about anything? Or am I to believe that everything you say is false. Do you _ever_ actually speak based on real information, or are you the type of person who only re-states hear-say to make himself _feel_ like he is important?

---Lou

Originally posted by mayandoom
An SRT ECU can be made for a few dollars. All it is ,is a few wires and resistors from Radio Shack. It will work with any intake regardless of what SRT says, it's just whether you want to lose TQ by going the SRT route
Old 04-05-02, 04:34 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

I have to re-state... You are DEAD WRONG about the SRT ECU. WHY, OH WHY, DO YOU INSIST ON PROCLAIMING YOUR EXPERTISE WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOT DONE ANY RESEARCH ???!!!!!????? Have you even taken the cover off of your SRT ecu? (do not do it! it _will_ void your warranty!) NO!!!! because if you had, you wouldn't be spouting this bull*****!
please do not waste any more breath on this kid. he obviously has an agenda be it a kickback or whatever. hell he may even be the owner of weapon*r (im not only the president, im a client) the thing is that no one, with any sense, can believe that crap that he continuously spews forth. life at CL would be so much better wiith his/her absense.

Doc
Old 04-05-02, 09:49 PM
badassloumd
Driver School Candidate

Dr Rick, Well said..

--Lou