Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ATTENTION all IS250 6spd owners!!! (Fidanza flywheel thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09 | 08:45 PM
GSE20MT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sgt_K
I have one last question, if we put our name on the list does it mean that I have to shell out the cash and then wait around for six months to a year to get something or nothing, or do we shell out the cash first thing when it it made and get first dibs when they come out?
Originally Posted by GSE20MT
i'm pretty sure #2.
"pretty sure" is not a very good answer... Anything solid?
i'm not the one handling this, so i'll leave this for suka4thong or AssaulTECH, but typically in these situations, they wanna know if they'll be people buying it, then they'll make it. i'm sure they'll take our word for it once we get ten people, as no one said anything about making a deposit or anything. this is pretty much them asking if there's any interest in a flywheel.

now we're at:

1. suka4thong
2. dothedrew (depending on price actually)
3. GSE20MT
4. Robs IS250
5. badx33
6. Calviin
7. ULTiMaX99
8. sailing217
9. iameric (depending on price actually)
Old 07-08-09 | 11:12 PM
Sgt_K
Driver

What the hell, I'm in.
Old 07-08-09 | 11:18 PM
LoveNinja
Driver School Candidate

count me in!
Old 07-09-09 | 02:57 AM
GSE20MT
Pole Position

oh hell ya! let's get this thing going!

1. suka4thong
2. dothedrew (depending on price actually)
3. GSE20MT
4. Robs IS250
5. badx33
6. Calviin
7. ULTiMaX99
8. sailing217
9. iameric (depending on price actually)
10. Sgt_K
11. LoveNinja
Old 07-09-09 | 06:58 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

The biggest downside IMHO to light weight flywheels is the increased difficulty in getting started in 1st gear. With a heavy car and a small motor, a light weight flywheel will be much easier to stall. It may also be slower in the 1/4 mile since the launch potential will be a lot lower.
Old 07-09-09 | 08:22 AM
Calviin
Lexus Test Driver

Let's get things ROLLINNN!
Old 07-10-09 | 01:39 AM
AssaulTECH
Driver

Excellent, I'll make the call to Fidanza tomorrow.

If you want to be guaranteed one of the first batch, send us a deposit for $50 to paypal@assaultech.com or call us at 205-588-0960 to pay with a credit card.

I ought to have the pricing sometime next week.
Old 07-10-09 | 07:30 AM
Fidanza
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone, once we receive the donor oem flywheel we should have much of the specific information you are looking for available. I am unable to scan allot of the forums each day so if you would like to compile your questions into an email for me I would appreciate it and do my best to answer them big or small.

Too much of a noob to have my signature show up yet haha, my email is shawn@fidanza.com
Old 07-10-09 | 07:36 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

it shows that Fidanza replied to this thread but its not showing it
Old 07-10-09 | 07:40 AM
Fidanza
Driver School Candidate

why won't my post show up I made a nice long post and it vanished!!
Old 07-10-09 | 07:43 AM
Fidanza
Driver School Candidate

Anyway! If I can have all your questions big or small compiled into one email or post I would appreciate it I will do my best to answer them for you. The donor oem flywheel is in transit and after having it for a day or two should help answer some of the specifics.
Old 07-10-09 | 08:15 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

i have the donor here with me!

ive been meaning to get back to suka4athong on shipping it to him
Old 07-10-09 | 08:18 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

cool...thanks!
Old 07-10-09 | 08:43 AM
Sgt_K
Driver

Originally Posted by Fidanza
Anyway! If I can have all your questions big or small compiled into one email or post I would appreciate it I will do my best to answer them for you. The donor oem flywheel is in transit and after having it for a day or two should help answer some of the specifics.
My biggest question was about if the stock flywheel/clutch/pressure plate are balanced to the crank and harmonic balancer. Most new cars have the entire rotating assembly balanced together to reduce harmonics from the crank shaft (harmonic balancer, crank shaft, flywheel/pressure plate). If so how will the change in weight affect the rest of the engine? Granted the reduction of weight should not be an issue, but the balancing act.

I know a few companies will ship a flywheel, clutch/pressure plate already assembled just for this reason, and when they are installed there are indicator marks on the assembly to align it on the crank shaft properly.

A friend of mine had a 2002 BMW M5 and the clutch went out. To replace the clutch the flywheel also needed to be removed and rebalanced with the clutch/pressure plate; if he wouldn’t have done this the engine would have been very rough.
Old 07-10-09 | 09:19 AM
Fidanza
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

My biggest question was about if the stock flywheel/clutch/pressure plate are balanced to the crank and harmonic balancer. Most new cars have the entire rotating assembly balanced together to reduce harmonics from the crank shaft (harmonic balancer, crank shaft, flywheel/pressure plate). If so how will the change in weight affect the rest of the engine? Granted the reduction of weight should not be an issue, but the balancing act.

I know a few companies will ship a flywheel, clutch/pressure plate already assembled just for this reason, and when they are installed there are indicator marks on the assembly to align it on the crank shaft properly.

A friend of mine had a 2002 BMW M5 and the clutch went out. To replace the clutch the flywheel also needed to be removed and rebalanced with the clutch/pressure plate; if he wouldn’t have done this the engine would have been very rough.
Well, without going through the assembly just yet and some more research any issues should be alleviated by balancing our flywheel with the pressure plate you will be using. I will have to have Engineering and Tech take a look further so I can let you know anything else of importance.

Quick Reply: ATTENTION all IS250 6spd owners!!! (Fidanza flywheel thread)