Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: whcih exhaust...?
RMM
20.65%
L-TUNED
21.74%
L-SPORTLINE
8.70%
HKS
17.39%
OTHER - please specify
31.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

EXHAUST decision....any thought??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-02, 01:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally posted by dipstick
Does anyone have a picture of the L-Sportline exhaust? How far does it stick out beyond the stock bumper/apron? Also, where can it be bought?
Check the lsportline website here for pictures. There aren't any real close up ones, but a couple you can click on to enlarge to get an idea.
Old 04-04-02, 04:00 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greddy can also fit brace type A i think since it doens't have resonators either!

i would choose only Apex'i or Greddy. Strickly depending on how loud you want it to be and if the greddy canister is too low

Greddy = loud
Apex'i = quiet

both amazing exhaust...

both japanese

both cat-back
Old 04-04-02, 06:54 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Maybe this is just something in my **** nature... but one of my pete peeves is when something isn't centered in the correct space.

I notice this often on other cars with aftermarket exhaust, including a couple of the pics above (sorry). I've put a pic of my Borla tips here showing how they are centered... It would drive me nuts if the tips weren't centered in the exhaust cutouts on the rear valance.

Those above aren't as bad as some I've seen because at least they are asymmetrical / match on each side. They'd be much worse if both sides were off to the left, for example.

Does this bother anyone else - maybe it's just me ?
Dave, the pics are play'in tricks on ya. Don't be fooled... Actually, in my pic, the tips do not look centered/or match the hole becuase of how large they are and how close I was when taking the pic. (Bad Pic) You really can't see the full effect. The L-tuned tips have a slight oval to them to match the cut-out. Believe me...my tips are centered and match the hole nicely. I'm just as **** as you when it comes to things like this, and it took the muffler shop and hour to center using a stupid ruler. I took another pic from a different angle to see if it helped visually. By the way, your tips have to be the best matched for our cut-outs.
Attached Thumbnails EXHAUST decision....any thought??-ken-s-car-055.jpg  
Old 10-18-02, 02:36 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blitz Nur Spec Touring was just released in Japan. Looks awesome and is full stainless. I think I may go with that one.
Old 10-19-02, 03:58 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up greddy exhaust

i have had my lawyer in my car with my greddy exhaust and i had no worried about the volume of the noise it produces...i love the look, and i think i will love it much better with a body kit to hide those mufflers a tad bit more. But it sounds good, and seems to produce a little more power. Exceptional quality of the piping and mufflers also. I personally don't think of it as loud. I would not want to have an exhaust that was any more quiet than this one imo. But once you own something your more likely to enjoy it more.
Old 10-19-02, 04:22 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Borla does look very good especially with its oval size.

L-Sportsline is definitely quiter than L-Tuned. After I set in Kyle3481's GS, I start to dislike my L-Tuned noise.
My wife HATES my L-TUNED exhaust.
Old 12-18-02, 04:58 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up my 2 cents

I had the Blitz Nur-spec Exhaust & loved it - 1st GS400
2nd time around I am gonna try the Greddy PE. - GS430
Steve at Carson said that I may have to wait a long time for these to come in. Hey does anyone have any info. on the
JIC bullet magic. SS Cat-back? Is Fujitsubo any good? Are these titatinum Cat-back?

Thanks
Paul

I would like the Big Tip look. ex. Blitz Nur-spec or Greedy PE look.
Thanks

Last edited by PAULGS430; 12-18-02 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-20-02, 12:04 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: my 2 cents

Originally posted by PAULGS430
I had the Blitz Nur-spec Exhaust & loved it - 1st GS400
2nd time around I am gonna try the Greddy PE. - GS430
Steve at Carson said that I may have to wait a long time for these to come in. Hey does anyone have any info. on the
JIC bullet magic. SS Cat-back? Is Fujitsubo any good? Are these titatinum Cat-back?

Thanks
Paul

I would like the Big Tip look. ex. Blitz Nur-spec or Greedy PE look.
Thanks
You never considered HKS Hipers? They have some BIG tips on them. Plus the sound is nice and DEEP.
Old 01-28-03, 12:02 AM
Gstt
Banned

I got the Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust and all i got to say is
TRUST!

I loved it from day one.

Nice at idle, mean wide open sound
Old 01-28-03, 01:23 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: my 2 cents

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
You never considered HKS Hipers? They have some BIG tips on them. Plus the sound is nice and DEEP.
I just recently installed the HKS Hi-Pers over the weekend. I can not be any happier with any other exhaust. The look of the canisters is extremely nice. I haven't had a chance to take a picture of the exhausts on the car just yet but can do that tomorrow just for this thread. The tips are HELLA big. In fact, I believe it was bigger than my friends Titanium HKS Hi-Per for his Supra. Its a very aggressive look IMO. Plus like Dieselman stated. It has a nice deep rumble. One of the better sounding exhausts ive heard in a N/A car...
Old 01-28-03, 02:11 AM
RAristo
Lead Lap

JL4785,

Is there any droning with your HKS Hi-P? Have you ever compared HKS with other exhaust systems? Also is the HKS Hi-P muffler-only? As some friend of mine told me it was cat-back. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-28-03, 02:32 AM
JL4785
Pole Position

Originally posted by RAristo
JL4785,

Is there any droning with your HKS Hi-P? Have you ever compared HKS with other exhaust systems? Also is the HKS Hi-P muffler-only? As some friend of mine told me it was cat-back. Thanks for your time.
IMO it doesn't have the type of drone that annoys people. I could be biased since my former non-lexus vehicles all had exhausts that would wake up the neighborhood. Plus, the other half hates exhausts like that. She actually enjoys how the HKS sounds and is pretty impressed by it. She couldn't believe the nice deep tone that came from the exhaust... I haven't been able to "compare" straight up with other exhausts, but I do have friends that own the Blitz Nur-Spec as well as the GReddy PE. In my opinion the HKS did sound a bit more aggressive...

The one thing about the Hi-Pers is that they are rear section only. Not cat-back like the Blitz and the GReddy. I didnt mind that since it would keep my stock resonators. In all, im not too worried over a small difference in HP since I will not be building a HP beast pushing a ton of HP to the wheels. It is kinda pricey for a rear section only, but it is well worth it for me...
Old 01-28-03, 10:44 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

JL4785,

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-29-03, 08:48 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by JL4785
IMO it doesn't have the type of drone that annoys people. I could be biased since my former non-lexus vehicles all had exhausts that would wake up the neighborhood. Plus, the other half hates exhausts like that. She actually enjoys how the HKS sounds and is pretty impressed by it. She couldn't believe the nice deep tone that came from the exhaust... I haven't been able to "compare" straight up with other exhausts, but I do have friends that own the Blitz Nur-Spec as well as the GReddy PE. In my opinion the HKS did sound a bit more aggressive...

The one thing about the Hi-Pers is that they are rear section only. Not cat-back like the Blitz and the GReddy. I didnt mind that since it would keep my stock resonators. In all, im not too worried over a small difference in HP since I will not be building a HP beast pushing a ton of HP to the wheels. It is kinda pricey for a rear section only, but it is well worth it for me...

Thanks for the quick review. How was the installation? Does the muffler align perfectly with the cutout of the bumper or does it hang too low? I have around a 2.7 inch drop and I don't want it to scrape the driveway. There was one member on here who got the Hipers + the HKS silencer and he said it was AS quiet as l-tuned, rmm etc.. Please do post some pics if you getthe chance .
Old 01-29-03, 01:55 PM
evolon5150
Pole Position

I'd go L-tuned, it sound good and looks good too.

Quick Reply: EXHAUST decision....any thought??