Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-09, 09:56 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

compared to some other companies, F sport sounds okay but not that good and no it is not very loud! some members might think F sport sounds very good, but i heard better

Last edited by someboy; 09-14-09 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-15-09, 08:56 AM
icyfreakas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a large diff between the sound produced from a 250 and a 350.
Just curious, no 350s here, damn..

And also, at what rpm does the loudness maxes at?
No time to try it out yet.
Old 09-15-09, 11:36 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz
The F-sport intake makes a nice little growl in a certain (fairly narrow) rpm range.

Anyone who thinks it's really loud though has never been in a genuinely loud car (like a V8 with a big-cam stroker motor for example.... the type of car that sets off car alarms just idling past parked vehicles)
exactly, anybody who thinks any exhaust, like the hks hi power and stuff and f-sport, or even the intake is loud doesn't know what loud really is. from the annoying aspect, the "drone" isn't anything like that of ricer civics u hear going around. one of my friends who has a ricer civic jump in my car and i took him for a spin and he's like wow, ur car isn't even loud, i have f-sport and hks hi power. so don't even think your going to sound like some ricer driving around w/ this stuff for our cars. and completely agree w/ what he said about the V8 cars and muscle cars. go to a drift race..... those are pretty loud too haha.

the only way our cars get near true loudness(lol idk what else to call it) is if u delete resignaters or get mid pipes and headers for axle backs. i think anyway. then again i am a bit deaf from listening to too much techno!

Last edited by xuningshen; 09-15-09 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-15-09, 11:37 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
I'm looking for an f-sport intake for my 06 is350; do you know where I can find the best deal on one? The website said $455 O.O
if your in socal, lexus of westminster sells them for 300 bucks
Old 09-15-09, 11:40 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by icyfreakas
I think everything looks fine and i followed the manual exactly.

Is it very loud when u guys wind down the windows? Cos i hear more of the wind than anything else.
stop down on the gas, don't just cruise up to speed. you'll hear it most when you've got the throttle body wide open and its sucking in a **** load of air
Old 09-15-09, 12:02 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by someboy
compared to some other companies, F sport sounds okay but not that good and no it is not very loud! some members might think F sport sounds very good, but i heard better
so should i assume that you DON'T have an f-sport intake? after all, your sig ("Lexus F sport equipped IS 350"), is a bit misleading... /OT

myth: the louder/nicer-sounding the intake, the more power the intake makes.

fact: the less restrictive and lower temperature the intake airflow is, the more power the intake makes.

sound is a by-product of an intake system, but should not be used as a gauge to determine how much additional power is produced.

Last edited by projectdna; 09-15-09 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-15-09, 03:59 PM
Lexi D
Driver

I put on the exhaust and intake a few days ago........and I love it. My 350 sounds like a car that has 300hp. Even my father who is an old school hot rod guy says it sounds really good.
Old 09-15-09, 05:52 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexi D
My 350 sounds like a car that has 300hp.
Actually, it should sound like a car with 306 HP!!!

BTW, I know there were others there that were having securing the top cover to the lower box with the clips. Initially I was going to grind down the little lip on the lower box, but I ended up just taking the clips back off the box, and gave a couple good whacks with a hammer to straighten them out. Now they all go on without a problem.
Old 09-16-09, 03:47 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ecr527
Actually, it should sound like a car with 306 HP!!!

BTW, I know there were others there that were having securing the top cover to the lower box with the clips. Initially I was going to grind down the little lip on the lower box, but I ended up just taking the clips back off the box, and gave a couple good whacks with a hammer to straighten them out. Now they all go on without a problem.
geeze... did people really have to do that much to get the top cover on? whats so hard about it i don't get it. when u put something together, never tighten down 1 bolt untill you've got the all the pieces together, just thread them down, or run then down by hand so u have play to mess around.