Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Intake - Got it - Here's my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-09, 10:43 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you like the intake. Don't worry about paying too much. It happens to everyone at one time or another.
Old 07-03-09, 11:00 AM
edwin907
Driver

I'm pleased with my F-Sport intake as well. There does seem to be an improvement in throtte responce. Or maybe my stock filter was that dirty, no, the engine does "snap" at little more at the higher rpms, and to me seems a bit better at lower ones.
You know to always check here before modding your car. This forum is absolutely invaluable and has saved me hundreds of dollars and a lot of worry. Look at it this way, the "dealer" owes you one now, get them to turn off the DRLs or something at your next checkup. Get your filters there and drop in with your beautiful IS just to check new cars out every now and then.
The guys at my local Lexus dealer love to see my IS 'cause it's not totally stock. I just finished the JIC coilovers/F-Sport sways and I'm going to take if for another spin and I think I'll go by there and pick up an oil filter. Of course only 4K to go on my Mobil oil, but I'll get a filter now just for the heck of it.
Old 07-03-09, 02:31 PM
is350wh
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurtz: Thanks. That's very good to know. That'll help in the future.

edwin907: Agreed. Although I tend to doubt that the intake adds much performance, I have to confess that it does feel faster. Maybe it's just the sound. Anyway, the more I drive it, the more I like it.

To my surprise! My wife actually likes it and doesn't sound "completely" opposed to installing the exhaust.
Old 07-07-09, 07:14 PM
is350wh
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! I gave the local dealer the July 2009 pricing information ($265). They said they are going to credit me for the original charge and charge me the new price.

Thanks for letting me know I paid too much.
Old 07-10-09, 05:13 AM
2009LEX
Driver

Don't listen to these guys regrding the magnuson moss act. they have read it but many fail to look beyond the law. Trust me you made the perfect choice!
Old 07-10-09, 06:01 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009LEX
Don't listen to these guys regrding the magnuson moss act. they have read it but many fail to look beyond the law. Trust me you made the perfect choice!
???

Why would you need to look beyond a very clear, very easily enforced, law? And why in the world would you give someone such bad advice as to ignore it?
Old 07-10-09, 01:09 PM
2009LEX
Driver

Apparently you have never been a victim of this said FEDERAL law. I have. It involved a brand new 335i coupe and an injen intake and they said I may have accessed the ECU. ENTIRE WARRANTY VOIDED! I had a team of attorneys fighting the corporation. After 30K I decided to stop and just get rid of the car hence my IS350. Of course I still feel a lot of anger over this since I have to pay attorneys every month for something so ridiculous. Of course the story is so much longer.

I would rather not air out my dirty laundry on an internet forum therefore I take a subtle approach and say what I did. You have to understand that yes it is a law and yes I have read it numerous times but who is going to enforce it? The FBI? No.

In the end I realized a few valuable things.........Car dealerships are the scum of the earth and will lie, cheat and steal to get $1 out of you. I also learned to never do anything to a car that does not come from the dealership with a full warranty unless I buy a non-warranty car and mess with that.

A car dealership can pin whatever they want on anything within reason. Mine was totally unrelated and could be proven by an expert at a high price in court. It is a very long story and I would be happy to share it with everyone but not via forum. Too much typing

I hope that clears up a little bit of confusion as to why I gave "bad" advice. Although I will take donations for my attorney's
Old 07-10-09, 01:10 PM
2009LEX
Driver

If you speed read as the previous poster did this is the most important part:

WHO WILL ENFORCE THE LAW? YOU? Not unless your made of money.
Old 07-10-09, 01:47 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009LEX
If you speed read as the previous poster did this is the most important part:

WHO WILL ENFORCE THE LAW? YOU? Not unless your made of money.

Apparently you didn't read the law very well... the Federal Trade Commission enforces it generally... and you can personally enforce it via civil lawsuit, including ALL the cost of your court expenses.

Your story doesn't make a lot of sense though... even if you HAD messed the ECU up it'd have no impact on the -entire- warranty. That's one of the primary points of the law.

If you'd had such an airtight case you'd have had no problem finding an attorney to take the case on contingency since he'd know he could run up a nice big bill that BMW would pay for in the end.
Old 07-10-09, 02:21 PM
2009LEX
Driver

well, it was not worth it in the end. I had a bill of over 30K from various attorney's and yes your right the story makes no sense at all that is the point. Your basing your opinion on this never happening to you (correct me if I am wrong)! Do you know how difficult it is to go against Goliath? Or expensive? Do you have 30K sitting around? How can I sue them civially? By not working on my car because they voided my warranty? What judge would side with me? You have to see and understand the full picture before you go giving out horrible advice.

I only know how bad your advice is because I am a victim of this. Everyone on e90post.com does the same crap. Your protected and blah blah blah. Your only protected as much as you can afford protection.

I will admit I am very upset over the way I was treated by BMW and the magnuson moss act is not worth the ***** paper its written on.

You can try to find a way to twist around these words I just wrote but the bottom line is until you face what I faced please don't give out advice or if you are an attorney and want to help me (of course the latter is a joke since I ran as fast as I could away from that car).
Old 07-10-09, 02:23 PM
2009LEX
Driver

btw if you want to argue the magnuson-moss act or its inability to be enforced or protect consumers I think we should probably start a new thread and not pollute this thread anymore.

Sorry about that OP
Old 07-10-09, 03:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Exactly. If you want to discuss Magnussen Moss please start a separate thread. Any further arguing about it will get this thread locked.

Sorry guys, we're done here.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 07-10-09 at 06:13 PM.