Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TC problem.. i think..

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-02, 04:54 PM
tmasta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC problem.. i think..

I just got a TC and once in a while the transmission kinda slips. kinda like when u r usin e-shift and u switch gears and the gears take a little while then click in. has anyone felt the same? is this normal? please say it is!!! thanks!

T
Old 04-08-02, 11:49 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

what brand of TC is it? I have the "Dragon" from SRT, but anyways when I first had the TC installed I noticed that when I press the gas the RPM's come up but the car doesn't really move, its sort of slipping, that's normal. What's happening is that the trans is building up pressure until it reaches the stall limit then it locks up and off you go. It all depends on how you press the gas, under normal driving the trans will feel like its slipping, under more agressive driving you won't feel the slip...
Hope this helps you out.

Aloha
Old 04-09-02, 04:36 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

its the one from SRT... thanks for the info! how does that SC feel.. DAMN i wish i had one! i live close to mos shop and everytime i go there i c his car and sometime other SC's just sitting around.. im glad ive never driven in one or i might do somethign foolish and buy a SC! hehe thanks again

T
Old 04-09-02, 05:44 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: TC problem.. i think..

Originally posted by tmasta
I just got a TC and once in a while the transmission kinda slips. kinda like when u r usin e-shift and u switch gears and the gears take a little while then click in. has anyone felt the same? is this normal? please say it is!!! thanks!

T
Yep; it is normal. At least, when my transmission shift, it gliiides a little more than OEM, but I wouldn't describe it as problematic, or something that would raise a red flag.

If it persists, have Mo take a spin in it, and he'll be able to tell you what is normal; you are lucky to have such a valuable resoucre so close by.
Old 04-14-02, 09:07 AM
TIKTIK11
Driver

Default TC

i thought the whole point of a TC was to avoid this and provide instantaneous power at the touch of the pedal. Can anyone clarify. Has reseting ECU helped or could it?