Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-sport intake ONLY- your opinions and input

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-09 | 10:55 PM
IS_Sunny
Lead Lap

After reading your post I can safely tell you that the F-sport intake is for you.
You will LOVE it. Worth every cent.

Joe-Z with holes would work as well; however, I haven't heard it.
Old 08-16-09 | 01:28 AM
Hoovey689

F-Sport has the growl your looking for. F-Sport FTW!!
Old 08-20-09 | 08:00 PM
uva2008
Driver School Candidate

So F-sport intake is only for sound, not for performance?
Old 08-28-09 | 08:16 PM
norcal_c
Driver

F-Sport with give minimal gains just like every other intake out there. IT's an intake! Nothing more. I have Fujita and I'm worried about the SRI getting heat soaked and losing power. I'm gonna switch to F-Sport soon just for that reason. If i was you I'd get the F-Sport.
Old 08-28-09 | 08:44 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Hands down, F sport FTW!!!

And no intake out there will provide enough hp to make you feel like you're IS turned into an F1 car. It's just a freakn intake (be thankful it even growls), not a turbo/supercharger kit you're laying down in the hood.
Old 08-29-09 | 12:02 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Get the F-Sport for sure..

If you have the ability and time, take your car and dyno it now while it is still stock. Once you install the intake, dyno it again. And post the results on here for all to see!!
Old 08-29-09 | 12:32 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

Just installed the FSport intake last week. It's just like everyone says, you can't hear it until around 3500 rpm ish+. The sound you do hear is very throaty. However, under normal driving, the sound is relatively non-existent.

I think it's just right for a Lexus.
Old 08-29-09 | 12:41 PM
iSpeed250
Rookie

three weeks ago i was in the same position as u were in. i installed the intake on my 250 a week later and i am in love. if u dont like(which i doubt u will) just drive normally and u wont even here it. i think it gives off the perfect sound IMO. i love it so much that i want an exhuast now for more noise!
Old 08-29-09 | 04:39 PM
player1
Driver

I really appreciate all your commentaries...I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on the intake in a couple of weeks. I was getting my Lexus serviced last week and just out of curiosity, I went to the service department to see their prices on intake and installation. They were charging me some crazy price for the intake and like $300 bucks for the installation. So I asked the guy how long the install would be (just to make him look like a fool since they gave me a RIDICULOUS PRICE). He said it was a 2 to 2.5 hr labor job. I started laughing and asked whether it was a child or a handicap that was installing the intake, seeing that it would take 2 hrs. I told him it would not take more than 30 mins to install the damn thing. He was obviously getting irritated and said it's 2 hrs nothing more, nothing else. I just walked away, shaking my head.

MAN, these guys will RIP RIP RIP you the hell off. Anyhow, how difficult was it to install the intake? To be honest, I'm not very mechanically savvy but I assume an intake can't be THAT tought. Any thoughts? Also, if I install it myself, and if Lexus notices that I have it at my next intake, can they say anything (in regards to not having it installed by them, etc)?

Also, where's the cheapest place to get the f-sport? And how long would the install take for a person like me (not really experienced in modifying stuff).

Apologize if the questions are redundant but your input is appreciated as always. Much luv to CL.
Old 08-29-09 | 04:44 PM
player1
Driver

and btw, i got my baby tinted a couple of weeks ago. It's only 35% but it looks pretty dark given that I have black interior.
Attached Thumbnails F-sport intake ONLY- your opinions and input-n1310379_34961047_7134699.jpg  
Old 08-29-09 | 07:55 PM
iSpeed250
Rookie

Originally Posted by player1
I really appreciate all your commentaries...I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on the intake in a couple of weeks. I was getting my Lexus serviced last week and just out of curiosity, I went to the service department to see their prices on intake and installation. They were charging me some crazy price for the intake and like $300 bucks for the installation. So I asked the guy how long the install would be (just to make him look like a fool since they gave me a RIDICULOUS PRICE). He said it was a 2 to 2.5 hr labor job. I started laughing and asked whether it was a child or a handicap that was installing the intake, seeing that it would take 2 hrs. I told him it would not take more than 30 mins to install the damn thing. He was obviously getting irritated and said it's 2 hrs nothing more, nothing else. I just walked away, shaking my head.

MAN, these guys will RIP RIP RIP you the hell off. Anyhow, how difficult was it to install the intake? To be honest, I'm not very mechanically savvy but I assume an intake can't be THAT tought. Any thoughts? Also, if I install it myself, and if Lexus notices that I have it at my next intake, can they say anything (in regards to not having it installed by them, etc)?

Also, where's the cheapest place to get the f-sport? And how long would the install take for a person like me (not really experienced in modifying stuff).

Apologize if the questions are redundant but your input is appreciated as always. Much luv to CL.

i would have walked away the same way u had done if i heard the dealership was charging 300 for labor. thats rediculous. i got mine installed in 30 minutes for 75$. and 10 of the 30 minutes i listened to a mechanic beat my car to crap while "testing" it around the dealership.
Old 08-29-09 | 08:11 PM
player1
Driver

$75 is AT LEAST reasonable man...

can you provide me with some details about where u got it installed. What dealership and perhaps the manager's name or something. I just want something concrete when I go back to JLexus here in NC. Man, you don't understand how bad I wanted to slap the ish outta the service guy when he told me $300....
Old 08-29-09 | 08:43 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Do it yourself.

Seriously, if you can read English and have two working hands it'll take you maybe an hour going slowly. I suppose it MIGHT take you two if you've never operated a tool before and have to look up details on each step like taking the engine covers off... but even then it's pretty simple to do.

If you think Johnson's quote on the intake is bad, ask em for the price on the F-sport sway bars installed sometime, it's hilarious. (meantime a friend and I installed both bars in about an hour total after I ordered em online).
Old 08-30-09 | 01:04 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Do it yourself.

Seriously, if you can read English and have two working hands it'll take you maybe an hour going slowly. I suppose it MIGHT take you two if you've never operated a tool before and have to look up details on each step like taking the engine covers off... but even then it's pretty simple to do.

If you think Johnson's quote on the intake is bad, ask em for the price on the F-sport sway bars installed sometime, it's hilarious. (meantime a friend and I installed both bars in about an hour total after I ordered em online).
^^ This. The intake is VERY simple to install. Took a buddy and me about 20-25 minutes to do it.

As far as the cheapest place to buy it? I would check out ebay since you missed the July F-Sport promotion (got mine for $265). You're gonna spend about $300 though most likely. You might find a better deal out there though somewhere. Good luck, and if you can, definitely do a dyno before and after
Old 08-31-09 | 07:10 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

It's definitely an easy install. Here's a tip, when you swap out the lower part of the box, you're going to have to remove the clips off the old one to transfer them to the new box. Before you install them on the F-Sport box, give them a good whack with a hammer to straighten them out a little bit, otherwise you'll never (at least easily) get it to fasten to the top cover.

It's a little something either they overlooked or forgot to mention in the instructions.

Quick Reply: F-sport intake ONLY- your opinions and input