Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

So I bought it...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-09, 08:44 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

daaaamn that sucks... best of luck.... ebay ftl.... i stopped using ebay once i found out that vendors are cheaper 100% of the time.
Old 09-12-09, 09:33 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Phiber
why? I have been shopping from ebay for well over 10 years with no bad experience. If you buy from a ebay auction, you will be protected by ebay and paypal. So don't worry about it.
Congratulations, you are lucky. Between eBay and PayPal, there's enough fine print in both of their "buyer protection policies" to get them out of "protecting" you from anything. I've been in that boat before, it sucks. OP, I hope it turns out for the best!

Javier
Old 09-12-09, 01:34 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I called the place yesterday and someone did pickup and answer a few of my questions however said they were going to call me back regarding shipping information.. which they haven't. Going to call Monday... :|
Old 09-12-09, 01:48 PM
moo_juice
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Congratulations, you are lucky. Between eBay and PayPal, there's enough fine print in both of their "buyer protection policies" to get them out of "protecting" you from anything. I've been in that boat before, it sucks. OP, I hope it turns out for the best!

Javier
I think your best bet is getting a refund through your credit card company. For both Visa and Master Card I have good experiences getting refunds in ANY product I have not received.

Back a few years ago Aloha airlines went out of business and Visa gave me a refund for my ticket, which kind of surprised me due to the circumstances.
Old 09-12-09, 02:23 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moo_juice
I think your best bet is getting a refund through your credit card company. For both Visa and Master Card I have good experiences getting refunds in ANY product I have not received.

Back a few years ago Aloha airlines went out of business and Visa gave me a refund for my ticket, which kind of surprised me due to the circumstances.
Regretfully I payed directly from my Wells Fargo checking account, from now on thought i'll use a credit card through PayPal. Worst case scenario i'll contact my bank and see what they can do for me.
Old 09-12-09, 05:26 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gc86
Regretfully I payed directly from my Wells Fargo checking account, from now on thought i'll use a credit card through PayPal. Worst case scenario i'll contact my bank and see what they can do for me.
damnnn that sucks even worse..... take it as a lesson learned i guess. best of luck bro.
Old 09-12-09, 05:30 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

damnnnnnnnnn that must hurt
Old 09-12-09, 07:00 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that sucks ***, im not so sure if u can get ur money back
hopefully u can
Old 09-12-09, 08:26 PM
Phiber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by javyLSU

Javier
I don't see why the buyers do not have any protection. If the seller does not ship the item, you can easily file a dispute on paypal and receive your money back. I have dealt with many cases where seller did not ship item or not as described. I easily received a refund from paypal with no hassle.
Old 09-12-09, 08:58 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see why the buyers do not have any protection. If the seller does not ship the item, you can easily file a dispute on paypal and receive your money back. I have dealt with many cases where seller did not ship item or not as described. I easily received a refund from paypal with no hassle.
This is what i'm hoping for... if for some reason the ebay store doesn't give me a refund or ship out the exhaust. They did seem like a reputable seller though, plenty of good feedback and power seller status.
Old 09-12-09, 09:18 PM
trixxx519
Lexus Test Driver

i have to disagree on that, last time i bought something off ebay, seller was no more, listing gone. I called paypal all that said was they'll give my money back whenever the seller's acc has cash, never got my money owells
but i didnt call my credit card company, i shouldve called
but paypal didnt really helped much, just said i'll get my refund once the seller has funding in his paypal account
Old 09-12-09, 09:28 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trixxx519
i have to disagree on that, last time i bought something off ebay, seller was no more, listing gone. I called paypal all that said was they'll give my money back whenever the seller's acc has cash, never got my money owells
but i didnt call my credit card company, i shouldve called
but paypal didnt really helped much, just said i'll get my refund once the seller has funding in his paypal account
Ouch... similar to my situation :\
Old 09-12-09, 10:17 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

I hope they are just slow with shipping process and you get your exhaust this week.

Keep us posted!
Old 09-12-09, 11:43 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

Hope everything works out and you will get your exhaust
Old 09-14-09, 11:29 AM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

So I called them and this is what they said. I ordered the exhaust on the 2nd and they shipped it out on the 3rd. UPS returned the package to them because it was damaged in shipping. They ordered a replacement exhaust for me but it still has not arrived yet. He just offered to refund me my money so I took it. I'd rather have the money back in my PayPal account instead of waiting for an exhaust that might not even get here. So now i'm just waiting for a refund.

It's pretty unfortunate I was looking forward to testing this exhaust out and posting a review

Quick Reply: So I bought it...