Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE IS350 Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-10 | 07:00 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

vid clip plz

no one has even posted a clip yet on cl i dunno why lol
Old 04-10-10 | 09:41 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by juice14
SWEET bro, keep us posted on that. Im looking at them just not sure about the sound. I have the megan and tanabe and im scared it will get raspy on me. maybe the OEM midpipe quiets it down for you
I love how it sounds. IMO, the HKS Hi-Power was missing something in the sound department - I now feel like the exhaust system creates a sound that reflects the look of my car (if that makes any sense...).

Originally Posted by Ki11switch
DIY Please
PPE includes an installation manual with pictures.

Originally Posted by L-S-D
vid clip plz

no one has even posted a clip yet on cl i dunno why lol
I thought that AZ_JB posted a link to the dyno vid - it's the same one that PPE has on their website. I hope to get some pics/vids posted soon.
Old 05-03-10 | 03:48 PM
integlspwr
Pole Position

pics, dynos, gains?
Old 05-19-10 | 04:21 PM
daLex350
Driver School Candidate

Anyone experience VSC check and check engine light after installing the headers?

I have the headers installed but haven't yet gotten the o2 sensors welded past the cat yet.
Old 05-19-10 | 06:39 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

^^^ Yeah, they'll come on.

I got the O2 sensor extensions welded on, but my CELs still came back. Since no one else has had this problem, I'm assuming that my shop did something wrong. I got an OBDII scanner, so I'm gonna check the codes and make sure it's not something else.
Old 05-20-10 | 07:16 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

You're going to get a "rich" code in bank 1 and bank 2.
Old 05-23-10 | 10:03 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
You're going to get a "rich" code in bank 1 and bank 2.
Exactly what I needed to know - thanks!! Will pull the codes once I get back from traveling.

Also, will the presence of these codes cause the engine to take any preventative measures that affect performance?
Old 05-23-10 | 12:07 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Nope not at all. I carry an OBDII scanner everywhere I go LOL
Old 05-28-10 | 07:37 PM
daLex350
Driver School Candidate

After having the PPE Headers installed...I must say daLex is a TOTALLY Different Animal now...

This thing is Skery Quick.

Just a few things to look out for when installing the headers.

The mallet is useful when trying to remove the Steering shaft.

Make sure you have an assortment of wrenches. Flex Wrench's, Elbow Wrench and Offset Wrench's. This is definitely useful when tightening the Header Bolts.

Pray that your O2 sensors are not Seized on to your Headers. Mine were and i had to buy 2 new O2 sensors which cost a GRIP! The Pre Cat Sensors...And they are either low in stock or hard to find at the dealers/auto store. I heard there might be a way to remove them safely by heating the header again or something but g'luck with that.

Expect your car to take time to "get used to" the new headers. Once they do, a NEW Beast Emerges...Ridiculous Power.

Hope that helps anyone on the boards!
Old 05-30-10 | 12:07 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by daLex350
After having the PPE Headers installed...I must say daLex is a TOTALLY Different Animal now...

Just a few things to look out for when installing the headers.

The mallet is useful when trying to remove the Steering shaft.

Make sure you have an assortment of wrenches. Flex Wrench's, Elbow Wrench and Offset Wrench's. This is definitely useful when tightening the Header Bolts.

Pray that your O2 sensors are not Seized on to your Headers. Mine were and i had to buy 2 new O2 sensors which cost a GRIP! The Pre Cat Sensors...And they are either low in stock or hard to find at the dealers/auto store. I heard there might be a way to remove them safely by heating the header again or something but g'luck with that.

Expect your car to take time to "get used to" the new headers. Once they do, a NEW Beast Emerges...Ridiculous Power.

Hope that helps anyone on the boards!
That's awesome man!!
Old 05-31-10 | 07:51 AM
Limpart
Rookie

I have to say that I have the same problem and installation was pretty tough and took about 5 hours. Yesterday aftre installing new headers, VSC light, engine & TRACK OFF lights appeared. Any solutions of this problem? I think that the problem might be in 2 old O2 sensors which I took from my old Headers with great resistance and the carving on the O2 sensors was almost broken so it was pretty tough to twist in new Headers. May be I have to buy new O2 sensors to clear off all lights??? Also I had problems with installing new headers, clearence between them and midpipe was pretty big, I have to lift new headers up to turn the bolt well but there is still clearence between them even after using gasket. Later I'll post some pics.
Old 05-31-10 | 08:46 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

^^^ Unless you've taken steps to prevent it (i.e. PPE O2 extensions welded onto your mid), your Check engine light will stay on. The CEL also causes the VSC and Track-Off warnings to appear.

Mine didn't appear until a hundred miles or so after the headers were installed. With the O2 extensions properly welded on, my CEL has gone off and stayed off.

If you don't feel like adding the extensions, get yourself an OBDII scanner to clear the codes whenever they come on. It would also be a good idea to check the codes to make sure they're consistent with the errors that you get when running without primary cats.
Old 06-08-10 | 10:19 AM
Limpart
Rookie

Mine O2 sensors are welded properly with the extensions. I cleared errors by disconecting battery but about after driving few miles lights appeared again. And I feel that performance with errors are worse!
Old 06-08-10 | 10:23 AM
Limpart
Rookie

anybody knows where to buy new f-sport air filter&? I washed mine about 3-4 times and I think it's time to change it but I can't find where to buy new one?

sorry for off topic
Old 06-08-10 | 11:47 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by daLex350

Your typical fan-boy post. "Ridiculous Power" ? Cmon bro, who are you kidding?

What did you get, 12-15whp maybe at most? You call that "a NEW Beast", "Skery Quick", & "Ridiculous Power" ? lol...

I get so sick of reading these Larger then Life post's.

Quick Reply: PPE IS350 Headers