Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GTE VVTI Head on GE VVTI? Quick question..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-09, 12:51 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

GTE and GE have different water pumps. The GTE has the radiator hose neck on the exhaust side of the engine. GE has it on the intake side of the engine. If you're going to use a GTE head, then you need a GTE water pump setup regardless of what block you have. GE head, then use GE pump.

Basically just keep this in mind. ALL the 2JZ block are the SAME. The only difference is that the GTE has oil squirter galley holes drilled out and have the nozzles preinstalled. The GE has the same galley in the block, but there are no nozzles installed. It is an inherent design of the of ALL 2JZ blocks and does not weaken structure in any way. Since all the blocks are the same, any 2JZ head will bolt on with no problem GE/GTE and VVTi/non-VVTi...doesn't matter. All are interchangeable.

As for the PS pump, if you use the FFIM then you need to remove the tank and install a fitting on the pump. It's an interchangeable part you can order from toyota. Just remove the tank, install the fitting, and then run a remote tank somewhere else. You convert a GE pump into GTE pump just by changing that tank to fitting.

I've gone through this many many times already. If you have any questions just ask. Or if you need any small misc parts when you actually start doing the upgrade, just ask me because I have boxes and boxes of spare OEM parts I pulled off when I upgraded them to aftermarket parts.
Old 10-22-09, 02:19 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

That's the exact info I was looking for. Thanks a ton Jeff.

And also thank you for the offer on info and parts when I'm ready..