Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fox Marketing helping with SuperCharger Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09, 04:01 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't the five axis was able to tune the is f engine making it "stroking 5.7L" engine producing 550horsepower? Can we also do something similar to the is350? I know nothing about engines but just curious..!
Old 10-08-09, 05:02 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

mechanicals aside, no one to my knowledge has been able to crack the USDM ECU code and thus tune the USDM ECU, though there have been a few false claims of being able to do so. toyota has "the key" to the 2is ECU, and i've heard from a reliable source (names withheld for anonymity purposes) that even TRD has been unable to get their hands on the code.

as such, all possibilities of forced induction or stroker kits will still be handcuffed by the 2is ECU at the upper limit. not that it's not worth trying, but without being able to tune the 2is ECU you won't be able to reach that level of maximum power output.
Old 10-08-09, 06:14 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
mechanicals aside, no one to my knowledge has been able to crack the USDM ECU code and thus tune the USDM ECU, though there have been a few false claims of being able to do so. toyota has "the key" to the 2is ECU, and i've heard from a reliable source (names withheld for anonymity purposes) that even TRD has been unable to get their hands on the code.

as such, all possibilities of forced induction or stroker kits will still be handcuffed by the 2is ECU at the upper limit. not that it's not worth trying, but without being able to tune the 2is ECU you won't be able to reach that level of maximum power output.

As I keep pointing out, the ECU has nothing to do with this.

TOMs in Japan tunes the JDM ECU. And still doesn't recommend running more than 6 lbs of boost on gasoline without risking the engine. (and that's on 95 US octane fuel too)- that's straight from the mouth of a guy with the TOMs kit on his 350 who spoke to them about upping the boost).

I believe Lobuxracer actually ran the math and found 7 psi would be the absolute limit of the motor. The ECU can't lower the physical compression ratio of the engine after all, no matter how much ECU access you've got.
Old 10-08-09, 06:22 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz

TOMs in Japan tunes the JDM ECU. And still doesn't recommend running more than 6 lbs of boost on gasoline without risking the engine. (and that's on 95 US octane fuel too)- that's straight from the mouth of a guy with the TOMs kit on his 350 who spoke to them about upping the boost).

I believe Lobuxracer actually ran the math and found 7 psi would be the absolute limit of the motor. The ECU can't lower the physical compression ratio of the engine after all, no matter how much ECU access you've got.
dumb question but if you higher octane fuel because you cant tune the car that wouldnt make a difference would it?
Old 10-08-09, 06:38 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Haha.. lost count how many times you mentioned this already...
Old 10-08-09, 06:42 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I run 5.5lbs of boost and .5 is NOT going to make much more, it will be marginal. I guess this will be the LMS version 2 LMAO
Old 10-08-09, 07:03 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

as such, i made the statement "mechanics aside".

Kurtz, i agree with you 100%, that the ECU will not allow for more boost, compression, etc. simply put, it can't change anything physical and/or mechanical.

however, one of the things the ECU does control is the fuel injection system, and without having access to that, running at the upper limits without enough fuel or changing the air/fuel ratio to maximize the power given the physical/mechanical limitations means a lower of safety/error margin.
Old 10-08-09, 07:42 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
booking my flight right now !

This is going to be one sick kit guys! stay tuned for pictures as Brian and I will keep everyone updated with the build !
wow bra, your involved in everthing aren't you...
Old 10-08-09, 07:50 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Amount of psi aside, I think we're missing the big picture. Assuming Brian's venture is successful, we'll have an option to provide boost to our cars. This sure beats the current option for USDM vehicles, which is zilch (unless you want to custom build your own).
Old 10-08-09, 07:50 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by windex
dumb question but if you higher octane fuel because you cant tune the car that wouldnt make a difference would it?
Yes, but a fairly small one. It's part of the reason TOMs runs 5.8 lbs versus the 5 lbs that LMS did. But you're again going to run into the physical limitations of the engine and compression ratio much beyond that.

Originally Posted by projectdna
as such, i made the statement "mechanics aside".

Kurtz, i agree with you 100%, that the ECU will not allow for more boost, compression, etc. simply put, it can't change anything physical and/or mechanical.

however, one of the things the ECU does control is the fuel injection system, and without having access to that, running at the upper limits without enough fuel or changing the air/fuel ratio to maximize the power given the physical/mechanical limitations means a lower of safety/error margin.
Yeah, but as iSuxel and LMS have all shown, the stock ECU can handle about as much boost as the engine is physically capable of withstanding.

You might manage a tiny bit of extra power tweaking the F/A mixture, but what some folks have done with SAFCs suggest it won't be more than 7-10 horsepower... hardly worth the amount of effort breaking through toyotas encryption would involve.

The fact that even WITH ECU access TOMs only makes more than 10 hp than LMS did without ECU access supports exactly that view.
Old 10-08-09, 10:57 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

what if you get a company to make a thicker head gasket, that would lower the CR on the motor. if thats possible maybe you can boost more than 7lbs.?
Old 10-08-09, 11:03 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Originally Posted by badx33
what if you get a company to make a thicker head gasket, that would lower the CR on the motor. if thats possible maybe you can boost more than 7lbs.?
I'd rather have a company R&D some quality internals vs. going the redneck barnyard route. I don't ever see big FI options happening for the IS though - it's just too factory high strung that the budget for any real undertaking is monstrous. That and no big name tuners are jumping onboard. Guess we'll just have to stick to "which LED should I run in my DRL" threads. Sorry guys. I'd love to be wrong, but...
Old 10-09-09, 04:18 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by badx33
I think Lance explained in some detail a while back why that's a bad (potentially dangerous) notion so I won't get too much into it... (and honestly besides the other problems it'd cause it wouldn't lower the CR enough to crank boost much anyway)
Old 10-09-09, 05:08 AM
Srd555
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxCars
Enough is enough! So, I had the Twin Turbo kit on my car and then some people blew up with sales because I marketed the crap out of it and it worked. Now, I hear that people are getting screwed and that just ISN'T RIGHT! I ended up getting screwed also because now I can't turbo my IS C for SEMA. Well, that is what others think anyway

So, I was talking to my boy Javed with the IS250 and we are going to develop a SuperCharger WORKING system next week. I have EVERY connection known to man and I don't BS or play games, I get stuff DONE!

I went to the other company and said I want a forced induction kit for IS250/IS350 owners with 6psi, intercooled for under 6 grand. Well, I'm going to acheive that gosh darnit ourselves at enthusiasts. It is a LEXUS and we want to make some power. I ordered my ProCharger C-2 unit TODAY and will have in my hand on Wednesday. I should have pictures, video of this by next weekend!! This isn't rocket science guys, enough is enough!

Old 10-09-09, 05:59 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Fox Marketing that's a name I haven't heard in awhile since I stopped going to shows with my buddy who showed his civic for them.

Quick Reply: Fox Marketing helping with SuperCharger Kit!!!