Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fox Marketing helping with SuperCharger Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-09, 06:15 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supercharger for the IS250? That is going to be interesting...
Old 10-09-09, 08:48 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope hope hope... i cant wait to hear what is going to happen with this kit. if no f.i. comes into play in the next couple year ill probably go to an sc or 1is to have more fun and mod with.
Old 10-09-09, 12:57 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

hey guys i dont really know what i'm talking about, so please don't flame me for saying something stupid...but is it possible to just "add liters" onto our current engine...for example ours is currently, if you own a 350, a 3.5L...is it possible to up that to a 4.0L etc...? Wouldn't that allow us to get more power if we could??
Old 10-09-09, 01:02 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ unfortunately, no. according to wikipedia:

Increasing the engine displacement by one or both of two methods: "boring" - increasing the diameter of the cylinders and pistons, or by "stroking" - using a crankshaft with a greater throw.
while most engine builders will agree with ^, neither are readily available in retail channels, meaning either/or is a one-off job.

if it was cost effective, however, it's something worth looking into.

Last edited by projectdna; 10-09-09 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-09-09, 02:45 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aliu603
hey guys i dont really know what i'm talking about, so please don't flame me for saying something stupid...but is it possible to just "add liters" onto our current engine...for example ours is currently, if you own a 350, a 3.5L...is it possible to up that to a 4.0L etc...? Wouldn't that allow us to get more power if we could??
If you own a 2.5L IS250 it's possible to up that to 3.5L by trading it in for an IS350... and that will remain, as it has been since the cars came out, by far the cheapest way to add significant power to the car.

And if you own a 3.5L IS350 you can up that to 5.0L by trading it in for an IS-F, though the cost on that upgrade is a bit higher than the 250->350 one... but it's the only way you'll reliably add over 100 hp to the car on pump gas for a remotely sane price.

Boring a motor requires larger pistons, which don't exist, and would be extremely, extremely, custom given the design of the engine.

Stroking requires a different crank, again custom, and quite complex as well on this engine.
Old 10-09-09, 07:12 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
Got a question for ya Brian. Did you ever have your IS C over at turbochargers.com?

If so how far along was it when you got it back and did they charge you anything?
I NEVER took my IS C there. I was told the kit that was going on your car was going to be make into a production kit. That never happened, and I got screwed too out of a turbo kit.

Last year I drove my IS F down to Houston and they turbo'ed it in one week. Now things have changed, that's for sure!!!
Old 10-09-09, 07:27 PM
FoxCars
Driver

I just ordered my ProCharger C2 Blower for $2,500 and it is getting made as we speak. ProCharger told me it will be done on Wednesday and will be at my front door on Thursday. Javed in flying in from Miami to help me Supercharger this car by Friday. I should be driving around town one week from TODAY!

Now, I have a flicker account and I will be taking photo's of this complete install for future reference. I'm going to put on my boys dyno with video before this car leaves for SEMA. I need to make sure it runs a drives so when she gets home from SEMA we have a product kit ready to roll. Doing my math, there is just no way this car will NOT make less then 75hp over stock. I really think at 5-6psi we can do around 100hp, NO DOUBT! Been doing this to long to be wrong..haha.
Old 10-09-09, 07:31 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

a couple months ago i was thinking about gettin a C-2 procharger also to put on my car using the procharger mount made by Luxury Motor Works that used to have a kit but is discontinued now but they still sell the piping, mounts and intercooler.

i am experienced with building cars but i decided not to cuz im not really familiar with tuning engines.

hope you have some luck with it. the C-2 is a perfect charger size for our motor and its self contained so you dont have to have any oil lines to it...so pretty easy set up.
Old 10-09-09, 07:34 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

ooo i cant wait!!
Old 10-09-09, 07:39 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

heres the discontinued kit that LuxuryMotorWorks used to make...

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/prod...IS+350&x=0&y=0
Old 10-09-09, 07:41 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxCars
I just ordered my ProCharger C2 Blower for $2,500 and it is getting made as we speak. ProCharger told me it will be done on Wednesday and will be at my front door on Thursday. Javed in flying in from Miami to help me Supercharger this car by Friday. I should be driving around town one week from TODAY!

Now, I have a flicker account and I will be taking photo's of this complete install for future reference. I'm going to put on my boys dyno with video before this car leaves for SEMA. I need to make sure it runs a drives so when she gets home from SEMA we have a product kit ready to roll. Doing my math, there is just no way this car will NOT make less then 75hp over stock. I really think at 5-6psi we can do around 100hp, NO DOUBT! Been doing this to long to be wrong..haha.

Can you explain how you're going to get 100 hp out of 5-6 psi when the TOMs kit gets 50 rwhp at 5.8 psi (on 95 US octane which isn't available at the pump here), and the LMS kit got 40 rwhp out of 5.0 psi (on 91 US octane which of course is)?
Old 10-09-09, 09:59 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Can you explain how you're going to get 100 hp out of 5-6 psi when the TOMs kit gets 50 rwhp at 5.8 psi (on 95 US octane which isn't available at the pump here), and the LMS kit got 40 rwhp out of 5.0 psi (on 91 US octane which of course is)?
No time for explanations if it happens soon enough everyone will see it... let's just see what happens and go from there!
Old 10-09-09, 11:45 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

hmmm... this is getting very interesting... looks like i might have to put a hult on my new wheels....
Old 10-10-09, 02:56 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

wow! i can't wait to see the end results...
Old 10-10-09, 03:30 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Well, he did say "hp", not "rwhp".

Quick Reply: Fox Marketing helping with SuperCharger Kit!!!