Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

VIDEO & Photo's - IS350 Supercharger Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-09, 11:21 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

djkhanvict> no need to get worked up. there'll always be the "half glass empty" people.

again, props for getting a supercharger kit into the is-c in 10 hours.

question: if Fox Cars is using the same spec'd supercharger and mounting hardware as the LMS kit, and you and Fox Cars are planning to retail the kit, how are you guys going to differentiate your offering from that of the has-been-unavailable LMS kit?
Old 10-18-09, 11:22 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn you guys are harsh. I know ill be awaiting the release of this supercharger kit along with others. I know khanvict did a lot of homework and more on this and just didn't rip off of LMS, sure there might be similarities but he didn't come out to replicate the kit and claim it as his. He did his research and he did what he could do and I respect him for that.
Old 10-18-09, 12:10 PM
areukhmer
Lexus Test Driver

As long there a reasonable gains with reasonable price I'm IN!!
Old 10-18-09, 12:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Hi Mike,

It’s been a Long time.. Hope all is well!!

Not sure how I am involved here, but let me correct you on a few points of your bad example.

Originally Posted by passnu2
This happens all the time...

Borla was the first to release a "true" dual exhaust for the 2IS. Then JoeZ had his product that was slightly different but basically used the same idea and Borla is the one that really tested and did all the R&D. This is no bash to Joe or his products but lets face the facts if Borla didn't have success with the exhaust no one would have tried to mfg. (this is an example so don't read into it)
^^ Borla was NOT the first company to release a "true" dual exhaust for the 2IS and neither were we.

We spent on/off over a year in developing and R&Ding the PTS Exhaust system. With countless hours testing different variations and dynos to create a high end exhaust built to or better than Lexus or even other aftermarket company standards.

We were already months into development of our system before the Borla system had even been announced.

We made sure our system worked during Long Term testing and that the Rwhp & Quality was the best it could be for my fellow Lexus IS Enthusiasts.

JoeZ was the first to release the exhaust for the ISF...so then the rest will be followers right? It just goes on and on and on....
^ Again WE were not the first to officially release, but we were one of the first in R&Ding for several months.
At the end of R&D, we even sent the prototype to SEMA 2008 on an IS-F.

However, we had a whole platform of data based on our IS350 testing.
So we learned lots of great things that carried into the IS-F exhaust development.

Another great example-

JoeZ was the first to have the intake tubes and Lexus now offers the same thing? I don't see anyone bashing Lexus for having a product manufactured and private labeled that someone else already did. It is slightly different but in reality its the same.
^Agreed, spend $125 msrp or $455 msrp, you pretty much getting the same intake pipe design..
Mine was released in 2006, theirs was 2008..
However, they included a drop in Filter & Lower airbox with a hole..

** I just Thank God it was not the other way around. (nor would I have done that)
Otherwise, I would have been thrown under the bus..!!

Now that I have cleared the air a bit in here..

Back on Topic!!

Please exclude me from this thread, discussing a "Supercharger Kit Install" on an IS350 C.

Respectfully,

Joe Z
Old 10-18-09, 01:36 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow! buncha haters with negative comments here.
i give props to FOX crew and djkhanvict putting together another performance product out. who cares if its LMS copy or not?
LMS discontinued that kit.
Old 10-18-09, 04:04 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Originally Posted by suka4thong
i give props to FOX crew and djkhanvict putting together another performance product out. who cares if its LMS copy or not?
Javed showed up on Wednesday with the old LMS Bracket to mount the supercharger on the block and a crank pulley. I have looked at the old LMS kit and worked with ProCharger since 2002 building some SEMA cars. The first thing that caught my eyes was the LMS kit wasn't engineered right because the intercooler was just to small for the CFM flow of the blower bottom line. That is the main reason they didn't make power, and the price was CRAZY for what you got. No wonder they old sold a couple of kits. WE re-engineered the LMS kit that they discontinued and if you change anything more then 20 percent it is YOUR DESIGN. I have been making NEW PRODUCT since 1997 and this is the 92nd car of this level I have build. Every see the N-tercooler sprayer from Nitrous Express? I tested, dyno'ed, and engineered that kit. This isn't my first rodeo boys and girls..haha.

At any rate, stop the freakin' hate, I'M A LEXUS GUY who wants to just see something out there in the force induction category so people WHO WANT force induction at least have an option. Don't hate on someone who has an IS250 instead of an IS350. I mean, if you got an IS350 why didn't you spend the extra money and buy the F or trade your car in? I think that isn't that thinking someone should have and every persons preference. They might no be able to afford an upgrade in the IS line but at least they have an IS and a Lexus on top of that. The brand is strong, Lexus makes great products and this is why you bought one.

My plan is if I can get everything else done before Thursday before Lexus picked up my car and takes it to California is to DYNO THIS CAR! I'm curious to see what kind of power this car can make. I drove it 5 miles in the poring rain on Saturday back over to my shop and it shifted and ran PERFECT. I wasn't about to floor it in the poring rain, that's for sure. I don't see why this car can't put down 60-75HP at the wheels at 5psi. These motors LOVE BOOST! I know my IS F sure did!!

Have a great rest of the weekend, need to watch some football.
Old 10-18-09, 04:13 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxCars
Javed showed up on Wednesday with the old LMS Bracket to mount the supercharger on the block and a crank pulley. I have looked at the old LMS kit and worked with ProCharger since 2002 building some SEMA cars. The first thing that caught my eyes was the LMS kit wasn't engineered right because the intercooler was just to small for the CFM flow of the blower bottom line. That is the main reason they didn't make power, and the price was CRAZY for what you got. No wonder they old sold a couple of kits. WE re-engineered the LMS kit that they discontinued and if you change anything more then 20 percent it is YOUR DESIGN. I have been making NEW PRODUCT since 1997 and this is the 92nd car of this level I have build. Every see the N-tercooler sprayer from Nitrous Express? I tested, dyno'ed, and engineered that kit. This isn't my first rodeo boys and girls..haha.

At any rate, stop the freakin' hate, I'M A LEXUS GUY who wants to just see something out there in the force induction category so people WHO WANT force induction at least have an option. Don't hate on someone who has an IS250 instead of an IS350. I mean, if you got an IS350 why didn't you spend the extra money and buy the F or trade your car in? I think that isn't that thinking someone should have and every persons preference. They might no be able to afford an upgrade in the IS line but at least they have an IS and a Lexus on top of that. The brand is strong, Lexus makes great products and this is why you bought one.

My plan is if I can get everything else done before Thursday before Lexus picked up my car and takes it to California is to DYNO THIS CAR! I'm curious to see what kind of power this car can make. I drove it 5 miles in the poring rain on Saturday back over to my shop and it shifted and ran PERFECT. I wasn't about to floor it in the poring rain, that's for sure. I don't see why this car can't put down 60-75HP at the wheels at 5psi. These motors LOVE BOOST! I know my IS F sure did!!

Have a great rest of the weekend, need to watch some football.
Im pretty sure if you stated this in your first post... there would be no bashing or hate lol...

Props to you guys for doing this. Most people would look at the LMS kit, and toms, and say there is no hope, but you are trying to take whats out there, and make it better And it's true, if you take a inferior product, and re-design it to make it great, you can call it yours... it happens ALL the time.

Im looking forward to seeing your results. Hopefully you get some good power of this kit!
Old 10-18-09, 04:55 PM
KMRIS350
Driver

Congrats on another SC kit for the IS. I have one of the original LMS kits in my car and its been a total dream. I personally thank DD for the R&D. Him and LMS made a great kit! I thank you for your passion and commitment to try and make it better. Im looking forward to seeing how much power you can produce with out changing the tune.

Good Luck and thanks for sharing your project!!
Old 10-18-09, 05:10 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by suka4thong

I AGREE... great work FOX....
Old 10-18-09, 06:06 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Fox let me know about the IC
Old 10-18-09, 06:32 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ohhhhweeeeeeeeohhohhh hold on.................... I need a moment i love the sound. even if it doesn't make any additional power, whooooooo CARES (maybe those that want an ENZO for Lexus bucks).......... oh my it sounds so sweet, with the right exhaust not only will my car look fast but sound fast too. i want it i want it right now................................... B.I.G. Props GUYS. cant wait to see the rolling videos and the results of the dyno............... Big PROPS!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-09, 06:39 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Wow am I late! Subbed for dyno results.

Also, has anyone in here with an SC done a 1/4 mile yet? I can't wait to take my car down the track next month and my car is just I/H/E. If I had a SC I would be craving a drag! lol.

Good luck Fox, looking forward to seeing how this all pans out.
Old 10-18-09, 07:00 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I can bet anything with good tires I could do 12s

There's ZERO traction till mid 3rd gear on the track.
Old 10-18-09, 07:09 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
FIRST and for most... for everyone that is talking crap on here and making it seem like we think we made the FIRST forced induction kit for this car.. you should go back and read from page 1... WE never stated that we are the kings of the world nor that we created this first...

Do you know how many companies make exhausts for numerous vehicles that are the same concept and same exact thing.... a bunch of pipes with mufflers on it...

Would you go rag on someone who makes a cat back exhaust after another company and gets the same gains? Because, that is utterly stupid.

There is no rule anywhere that states that someone can't make a supercharger for a car because someone else already did it.. or in your terms "copied"

What about coilovers? So many companies make them, Megan LP Series and JIC Magic do the same exact thing. Does that mean that Megan copied JIC Magic?

I don't expect compliments from everyone either, this is a forum and everyone can express their views on a topic as they wish.

But there is a difference between talking ***** for no reason and expressing your view.

If you want to talk smack, get out of this thread and go start another one.

I will state this again, we did not say we were the first one's to make a supercharger kit for the IS. Tom's, LMS, and HKS were way before us.

I'm an enthusiast and would love to have forced induction on my car for fun. I'm not trying to be the fastest guy on the planet. If there is a demand for something, and no on is making anything available for consumers, someone steps it up and puts together a kit...

you guys talk smack and hate on them for doing something good?

DJ all this bullsh1t people are saying aside I fully support what you and fox are doing I give you guys big props who give a **** who did what first it almost seems like some of the community is bitter that you guys did something badass who cares who did what first or how it was done ... all that I care about it that it was done and I want to say thank you for that
Old 10-18-09, 07:33 PM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I can bet anything with good tires I could do 12s

There's ZERO traction till mid 3rd gear on the track.
Take out your air suspension and get some slicks and I bet you can do a 12 3 or lower

Quick Reply: VIDEO & Photo's - IS350 Supercharger Install