Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Plug Change-WOW-HUGE DIFFERENCE

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-02, 08:26 PM
RacingAristo

So it's $110 total? Sorry for the misleading, guys. I thought he meant $55 shipped for the GS set.
Old 05-04-02, 03:30 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by GS430 GUY
RA,
I thought they were Denso Iridium plugs as well.

Ragarding changing the plugs, I think Percy changed his plugs to a brand called Torquemaster, if I am spelling it right, and he said he felt a noticeable difference compared to the stocks. I am happy with the stock plugs, but I am starting to think maybe I should change the plugs. Quit confusing me guys
And they're still the best da#m plugs I've ever used. Stocks ARE Denso Iridiums. FORGET THE DENSO'S THEY DON'T COMPARE with the Torquemasters. With the TM plugs...the engine just revs like crazy and pulls harder, even at the 5k to 6k region. Can't recommend them highly enough. I know Mo hasn't tried them, other wise he'd be selling them. Without these plugs I know I wouldn't have gotten the "kills" that I have. Even scared the crap out of an M3...but not off the line...just during a midband charge.

http://www.torquemaster.com

Percy

Last edited by Percy; 05-04-02 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-04-02, 04:03 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Percy,

any idea as to where one can get the TMs at a good deal?

thanks
Old 05-04-02, 04:52 PM
RacingAristo

Percy,

I have the same question as Will does. Any hook up?
Old 05-04-02, 09:26 PM
Percy

Ask for Suzi at Torquemaster. 1-310-322-4125. Tell her you heard of the plugs from me....I'm a very longtime customer. These plugs are EXPENSIVE - somewhere around 13 to 15 bucks a pop the last time I heard. Also, ask for the newest type plugs - she'll know what it is. They look similar to the Bosch "+4" plugs.

Funny story...Bosch "+4" actually got their design from a derivative of Torquemaster plugs. Only the Bosch couldn't get the performance since anything closer to the Torquemaster design would be a patent infringement - and causes for a lawsuit. While the Bosch "+4" is similar, the "+4" performance is QUITE LACKING.

Just ask for Suzi...don't talk with Mauri. Although Mauri designed the plugs, he's at a "senior" age in which he forgets details and orders. Not worth the trouble. Also, Torquemaster is the only one that distributes it directly. NO MIDDLEMEN and no other companies will carry them.

The real question is, how many are interested in ordering? I *might* be able to get a price break. Rare, but it may happen!

Torquemaster = 10
Denso Iridium = 5.5
Other plugs = don't even bother.

Percy

Last edited by Percy; 05-04-02 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-04-02, 09:39 PM
MRGS400nSoCali
Lead Lap

So which Denso/HKS Iridium plugs do I buy for my 98 GS400 and what should the GAP be to maximize the power of my car??? Thankx.
Old 05-04-02, 09:39 PM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Just be careful where you're getting those plugs. There are fake ones coming from Asia. It is packaged just like the original and no way to tell its fake. At first install its fine since its new but usually will not last longer than 10,000 miles. The plugs use regular steel and not iridiums. You'll see the steel wear down by the time it hits 5,000 miles and sometime the grounding electrode melts and chips away. It would still fire but the spark by now is just hitting the sides.
Old 05-04-02, 09:43 PM
MRGS400nSoCali
Lead Lap

What's the gap on those Torquemaster plugs??? Are they gapped correctly out of the box or do you have to adjust them???
Old 05-04-02, 10:03 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you do your hw hee hee hee, you would know that torquemaster plug is fixed, you can not adjust the gap due to it unique design (2 version, S for turbo charge and NOS or the regular version for standard car) . i had seen several magazine mention about this plug and seem like every one have them seem to like them.

there are some info about this, maybe the new version Percy had mentioned is the version in the picture... do your hw man

test plugs, on an RX-7, the worst condition you can get for your plug
http://tiger.towson.edu/~csaftn1/plugs.html

Last edited by BananaGS; 05-04-02 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-05-02, 06:59 AM
Percy

The "gap" is around .090 if I remember correctly for some types. Other types will have .120 - quite a large gap. But since it's within the conduction field (and due to it's unique design) you can throw a larger gap and a larger spark.

The spark on the Denso iridiums are TINY compared with the torquemasters.

Percy
Old 05-05-02, 08:56 AM
RacingAristo

Do I smell a potential groupbuy on TM?
Old 05-09-02, 01:35 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Isn't OEM spark plug Denso Iridium?
Yup, the OEM plug for 98-00 GS400 is Denso IRidium.......
Dont know why he had NGK installed.....

Hey Percy, can you possibly arrange a GB for the plugs????

Last edited by tinygs; 05-09-02 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-09-02, 01:55 AM
RacingAristo

yes, Percy. If we are not satisifed with the performance of TM, we could always get the money back from you right? J/K.

I'm interested in the groupbuy on TM.
Old 05-10-02, 01:33 AM
MRGS400nSoCali
Lead Lap

I'd be in on a group buy!
Old 05-10-02, 06:07 AM
Percy

I just checked on the price of the plugs - 14.50 each. But for the type of performance gains it's a bargain, especially when compared to the high and overhyped price of the Denso Iridiums.

Just place an order with Suzi directly...tell her I sent you. The plug series that you're looking for is called the "star" series, not the "S" type or regular type. Star series performs the best out of the three. Suzi is usually there in the afternoons, California time. Remember...talk to Suzi only...the other workers will tend to screw up the orders!

Their site... http://www.torquemaster.com

Percy

Quick Reply: Plug Change-WOW-HUGE DIFFERENCE