Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

VVT-i Tuning using Camcon

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-09, 07:34 PM
ahnjae
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VVT-i Tuning using Camcon

Has anyone here ever tried using a Camcon controller to retard or advance valve timing on the IS? I have a Celica and have tuned the VVT-i and have recieved a better linear power curve and gained a little over 9whp using the controller. I know we have dual vvti so depending on the ECU wiring diagram, we might actually need two controllers but im not sure how the dual works? Does anyone have a wiring diagram of a 2006 IS250?

Also, the Camcon can enrich or lean out the AFR and has worked on the Celica without the ECU wiping out the settings. Ive also played around with the controller on Scions and have worked great. Im sure this would work also on the IS ECU to gain a little more power and MPG
Old 11-08-09, 12:27 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

ECU mod on 2IS is not possible so far. (I may be wrong)
Using two controllers is a logical approach, but you will need to find a way to cascade both units.

Cascade two FPGAs and soft coding it?? Maybe possible but not feasible.
Old 11-08-09, 03:31 PM
ahnjae
Rookie

^^^So what exactly do you mean that there is no ECU for the IS? Emanage does not work for IS? Or any piggyback unit?

Sorry for my noobness but what does FPGA stand for?
Old 11-08-09, 09:30 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ahnjae
^^^So what exactly do you mean that there is no ECU for the IS? Emanage does not work for IS? Or any piggyback unit?
AFAIK, no, emanage doesn't work with it, nor does anything else.

You could use some sort of closed-loop piggyback (it'd require both something to lie to the ECU about what the MAF sees -and- a wideband O2 on the other end to maintain the lie, otherwise the ECU'll tune what you do back out after a while... (which is why something like a SAFC works great for about 100 miles then doesn't anymore)

Gernby was working on developing something a bit like this a while back but eventually ceased work on it AFAIK.

He picked up about 7 hp IIRC just leaning the mixture out with this (which is about all it can do)...and IIRC his setup took up a good bit of his back seat (though I'm sure you could make it smaller)