Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Joe Z backordered.....F-sport?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09 | 05:55 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

haha for a while now, so does that means lexus has false claim? or is it simply because of the fact that nobody ever bother doing a dyno to show evidence that the performance of the F sport intake actually matches the claim. so people just assumed that nope! no power increase, it only adds noise. While on the other hand, a dyno has been done to show proof that the joez intake actually increase 3-4 hp, which is why it seems to be more prefered by people because they want performance and the fact that they get the extra 3-4 hp. well, does the Hp increase really makes much difference, well in our head yes, on the road hardly any. therefore, i don't think either intake has any advantages over the others, it really depends on what the buyer is looking for. so i say just get w/e your budget allows, you want noise or no noise, and extra money for noise? or no extra money for noise.

well atleast thats what i think...

Last edited by someboy; 11-10-09 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-10-09 | 10:14 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by someboy
haha for a while now, so does that means lexus has false claim? or is it simply because of the fact that nobody ever bother doing a dyno to show evidence that the performance of the F sport intake actually matches the claim. so people just assumed that nope! no power increase, it only adds noise. While on the other hand, a dyno has been done to show proof that the joez intake actually increase 3-4 hp, which is why it seems to be more prefered by people because they want performance and the fact that they get the extra 3-4 hp. well, does the Hp increase really makes much difference, well in our head yes, on the road hardly any. therefore, i don't think either intake has any advantages over the others, it really depends on what the buyer is looking for. so i say just get w/e your budget allows, you want noise or no noise, and extra money for noise? or no extra money for noise.

well atleast thats what i think...

Pretty sure the Lexus claim is "up to" 3%, which is a pretty nice way of saying they don't really have to prove anything.

The design of the part that makes any difference is identical to the Joe Z
Old 11-12-09 | 12:20 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

i know they are identical just because of the F sport sucks in hot air, so people would just assume that the F sport intake doesn't increase any Hp but only adds noise. well if thats the case people can just use the F sport pipe and not use the F sport air box and use the stock one, just to make them feel better " ohhh i am getting 3 -4 hp nowww awwesssommee....." OH whats even better??? you get a shiny pipeee with "F sport" written on it OHHHHH!!! Price is the real advantages Joez have on F sport. oh if you like blings blings get the F sport, its shiny and you get some ROARRRR. if you like stealth, quiet and save money go for Joez.

Last edited by someboy; 11-12-09 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-12-09 | 01:32 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

take one joe z pipe.

take one oem airbox and dremel a square-ish hole in the bottom half.

instant home-brewed f-sport intake.
Old 11-12-09 | 04:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by someboy
i know they are identical just because of the F sport sucks in hot air, so people would just assume that the F sport intake doesn't increase any Hp but only adds noise. well if thats the case people can just use the F sport pipe and not use the F sport air box and use the stock one, just to make them feel better " ohhh i am getting 3 -4 hp nowww awwesssommee....." OH whats even better??? you get a shiny pipeee with "F sport" written on it OHHHHH!!! Price is the real advantages Joez have on F sport. oh if you like blings blings get the F sport, its shiny and you get some ROARRRR. if you like stealth, quiet and save money go for Joez.
Funny stuff Cali resident. F Sport gets you one big thing - a CARB EO number. You have no idea how valuable that is until you've been pulled over for a hood pop.
Old 11-16-09 | 12:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^ Been there, done that...

They just usually ask me "who the hell is Joe Z"..

All jokes aside.. SEMA put a big slow down at my manfuacturer end of last month..
As they were heavily involved on small projects that need attention.

So an update on all this is that we should be FULLY STOCKED on Intakes for the IS250, IS350 & IS-C , hopefully by the end of November or begining of December..

Polished units will be finished 1st, followed by Anodized Stealth Black, Silver and Gunmetal finishes..

Just in time for the stocking stuffer!!!

Thanks for being patient so far.

Best Regards,

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-18-09 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-20-09 | 03:51 PM
davidlmed
Rookie

Just installed the F-sport intake. Instalation was easy just had to wear gloves, didn't want to get dirt on anything!
Attached Thumbnails Joe Z backordered.....F-sport?????-is350-005.jpg   Joe Z backordered.....F-sport?????-is350-007.jpg   Joe Z backordered.....F-sport?????-is350-006.jpg