Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Interest in new headers for the GS models??? Let me know

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-10, 02:42 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John.....hope you are doing good.

I always had the 1st gen and kept rotating a third header after re-weld. Chomping at the bit to put these on. As a side note, can you assist me on the dimensions for a custom X-pipe?
Old 05-27-10, 03:18 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

you got it done yet let me know
Old 05-27-10, 06:33 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by slowdiver
Hey John.....hope you are doing good.

I always had the 1st gen and kept rotating a third header after re-weld. Chomping at the bit to put these on. As a side note, can you assist me on the dimensions for a custom X-pipe?
Ok,

On the X pipe what are you trying to accomplish? I had intended to prototype a Y pipe in SLIGHTLY larger than stock pipe but have yet to get around to it with other things.
Old 05-28-10, 08:01 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jbrady
Ok,

On the X pipe what are you trying to accomplish? I had intended to prototype a Y pipe in SLIGHTLY larger than stock pipe but have yet to get around to it with other things.
just an additional increase in performance if possible....I will dig up some of the old info we discussed about this when the headers first came out.
Old 06-03-10, 10:59 AM
BlaZinG
Driver School Candidate

Well PPE still has not started production on the V8 headers..

I shot them an email and they replied w/

We haven't been able to find a local V8 car to prototype on. We may end up purchasing a car to do the prototyping on, if I have to do that it will take more time.

Regards,
Paul
Cmon guys lets have somebody collab w/ PPE, if they do purchase a GS the price will definatley be more since they more factors to cover while they R&D.
Anybody local to PPE in Arizona should take this oppurtunity to get some solid #'s out their GS
Old 06-03-10, 12:25 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlaZinG

Cmon guys lets have somebody collab w/ PPE, if they do purchase a GS the price will definatley be more since they more factors to cover while they R&D.
Anybody local to PPE in Arizona should take this oppurtunity to get some solid #'s out their GS
That's an opportunity to reduce labor cost... removing the headers for the first time is a pain. The other time around is not bad.
Old 06-03-10, 01:35 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

i have a gs400 they can borrow but the thing is i live in texas if they can transport i be a happy to send it to them lol
Old 06-18-10, 11:05 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airbender
are they gonna do these headers or not im getting tired of waiting and tired of getting my butt whopped by these infiniti g,s.
IDK what your driving. But i run all over G35's???
Old 06-20-10, 09:45 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlaZinG

Is there anyone in the Pheonix area that could help out here?

I think PPE would be willing to get into production if they had a car to test fit on. Yes, they have the S&S jiggs but most shops would want to do an actual on vehicle test design before putting their name on a product.

Anyone?
Old 06-21-10, 05:53 PM
BlaZinG
Driver School Candidate

Theres definitely a group of owners that want headers to beast up their GS/SC/LS...

This is kinda sad b/c even the IS-F has at least 2 option for headers

PPE is not playing us, they made headers for the IS350 already, proof right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ep6aiJDUEc
Old 06-21-10, 10:43 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

if i wasn't in the middle of my trans swap i would take them my car. may be next month if i can get this done quick and if they still want a car to fit on/sponser
Old 06-22-10, 11:01 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tom steele
if i wasn't in the middle of my trans swap i would take them my car. may be next month if i can get this done quick and if they still want a car to fit on/sponser
That would make a number of people happy as well as your engine! Supercharging creates more power = more exhaust flow = more restriction with stock manifolds = more gains with better flow. One member was getting up to 37rwhp mid range gain with the average under the curve being around 25rwhp on his supercharged GS430.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...headers-3.html

(link stating jbrady headers was early on when some were calling them that do to my efforts to get the S&S built in the first place)
Old 06-22-10, 01:37 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

I am in socal out of school for summer. I am willing to help you guys out and i could drive to arizona anytime and let them use my car and headers. Im just wondering if they'd be able to help me out with a pair of headers or what since that's a little ways outta my way. But i am eager to get another set of headers made for our car, so if this helps i am willing to make that drive!
Old 06-24-10, 02:58 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just left them a VM
Old 06-24-10, 03:57 PM
bcsc400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jbrady
Is there anyone in the Pheonix area that could help out here?

I think PPE would be willing to get into production if they had a car to test fit on. Yes, they have the S&S jiggs but most shops would want to do an actual on vehicle test design before putting their name on a product.

Anyone?
I started a tread in the SC section and it looks like we might have some volunteers.

Quick Reply: Interest in new headers for the GS models??? Let me know