Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Lease / F-Sport Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-09, 09:54 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Lease / F-Sport Question

If I were to lease an IS350, is it possible to add-on F-Sport performance options later on? I'm mostly interested in intake and exhaust... I'm guessing there would be no issue since these parts are coming from Lexus but I thought I'd ask before I lease the car...

Thanks in advance...
Old 11-19-09, 10:39 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if the f-sport parts were purchased AND installed at a certified lexus service center, you should have no problems with the lease and its warranty. however, speak to your salesperson - assuming he or she is competent/knowledgeable enough to give you a right answer.

in short, yes, it is possible.
Old 11-19-09, 10:45 AM
kdii02
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I leased my 250. Did intake and Exhaust. Just save your Stock parts for the end of the lease and reinstall, or have the F-sport parts into the deal on the new car and you'll be set. Since F-sport is sold through the dealer as an accessory for the cars you should be fine. Neither item involves any major mod to the car anyhow. They bolt right up.
Old 11-19-09, 11:12 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you!
Old 11-19-09, 09:25 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Do the installs yourself.

Either can be done in 15-30 minutes with basic hand tools... versus the probably 1-2 hours of labor each, at $100+ an hour, your dealer is likely to charge for install.
Old 11-20-09, 09:52 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Do the installs yourself.

Either can be done in 15-30 minutes with basic hand tools... versus the probably 1-2 hours of labor each, at $100+ an hour, your dealer is likely to charge for install.
If I do anything to the car myself it'll do 0-60 in never. If you catch my drift...
Old 11-20-09, 09:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's just like modding a lease car. you put on mods, and take them off before you return the car and it's all good. i never have problem returning leased cars that were modded
Old 11-20-09, 10:00 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
it's just like modding a lease car. you put on mods, and take them off before you return the car and it's all good. i never have problem returning leased cars that were modded
That's good to know. I just want to make sure I don't void any warranties.. I'll probably go with F-Sport everything.. I'll definitely be modifying this car...
Old 11-20-09, 10:52 AM
kdii02
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do it Sal!! + plenty of help around here if you have questions doing any of the mods yourself!! My dealer wanted $1500+Labor for the F-sport exhaust!! NO WAY!!
Old 11-20-09, 01:07 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kdii02
You can do it Sal!! + plenty of help around here if you have questions doing any of the mods yourself!! My dealer wanted $1500+Labor for the F-sport exhaust!! NO WAY!!
Maybe I'll get some local help if I provide enough beer, food and strippers...
Old 11-20-09, 05:22 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
Maybe I'll get some local help if I provide enough beer, food and strippers...
Quite seriously, if you back the car onto ramps the exhaust takes about 15-20 minutes with a few ratchets/gear wrenches.

The intake doesn't even need the ramps and is probably the same amount of time if the engine covers are already off... maybe 30-45 minutes if they need to be removed/replaced.

So really even if there's some physical reason you wouldn't be able to do it, it wouldn't take much pizza or beer to get anyone else to do it for ya. Anyone who has done both previously can probably get both done in an hour... versus the probably 3 hours of labor (at $100+/hr) the dealership will charge you.
Old 11-20-09, 08:03 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

You're making sense so I have to at least consider what you're suggesting.. But..

F-SPORT PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES INSTALLED BY DEALER
F-Sport Accessories are warranted for 12 months from the date of installation or for the balance of the new car or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty in force at the date of installation, whichever is greater, when installed by an authorized Lexus Dealer. This warranty does not cover maintenance services such as replacement of brake pads/linings and clutch linings. This warranty does not cover noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear.

F-SPORT PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES NOT INSTALLED BY A DEALER
F-Sport Accessories installed by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase only and the warranty coverage is limited to the replacement value of the F-Sport Accessory. This warranty does not cover maintenance services such as replacement of brake pads/linings and clutch linings. This warranty does not cover noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear. Part failure caused by improper installation by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer may void the F-Sport Accessory warranty, the new vehicle warranty or both.
Old 11-20-09, 09:20 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

You're making sense so I have to at least consider what you're suggesting.. But..

F-SPORT PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES INSTALLED BY DEALER
F-Sport Accessories are warranted for 12 months from the date of installation or for the balance of the new car or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty in force at the date of installation, whichever is greater, when installed by an authorized Lexus Dealer. This warranty does not cover maintenance services such as replacement of brake pads/linings and clutch linings. This warranty does not cover noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear.

F-SPORT PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES NOT INSTALLED BY A DEALER
F-Sport Accessories installed by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase only and the warranty coverage is limited to the replacement value of the F-Sport Accessory. This warranty does not cover maintenance services such as replacement of brake pads/linings and clutch linings. This warranty does not cover noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear. Part failure caused by improper installation by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer may void the F-Sport Accessory warranty, the new vehicle warranty or both.

If you can tell me what would possibly fail requiring repair on an axle-back exhaust, which is just some fixed metal pipe, between 12.1 months and the end of your vehicle warranty I'd be quite interested.

Ditto for the intake, which is just a box and a metal tube.
Old 11-21-09, 07:43 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I had that in the back of my mind. I guess it's really a no-brainer to just avoid getting it done at the dealership. In any event, I think I want to do a cat-back exhaust with headers in the near future...
Old 11-21-09, 05:24 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, I had that in the back of my mind. I guess it's really a no-brainer to just avoid getting it done at the dealership. In any event, I think I want to do a cat-back exhaust with headers in the near future...
Currently PPE is the only company offering IS350 headers I'm aware of, and they're just now doing their first batch of sales... there's another company about to begin development on a set so if that goes through you'll have an alternative. (not that I've heard anything at all bad about PPE, but in case you wanna wait and compare, or at least wait till more than 1 guy has tried the PPEs and gives feedback)

Quick Reply: Lease / F-Sport Question