Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

exhaust?/car pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09, 12:48 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default exhaust?/car pics

im looking to make my car louder. But a whole exhaust system is WAYY out of my price range. Im not a picky person and i can live with what i have but not being able to hear the 300hp v8 under my hood is a bit hard to live with ha whats the cheapest or a cheap way to get my v8 to be heard? i wouldn't even mind buying one of those cheap $20 4" exhaust on ebay and having them installed. in fact i was thinking bout it. but would having a 4" exhaust make me look like a ricer? if anyone on here has pics of there custom muffler feel free to post your pics here. or with a 4 inch exhaust. idk bout you guys but i think it would be sick to have a flat-black painted muffler with burnt tips.. hah, oh and since i obviously dont know much about exhaust systems can someone tell me what are the pros and cons of removing your cats and how it makes a difference in sound. thanx

i know threads without pics are no fun so here are a couple of random pics i took tonight

^^^this pic proves that im tight with money,yes i was at that store lol^^^

my 2 way pager car alarm came in yesterday! now im waiting for my 30000k hids to arrive. age has also gotten to my cars paint and my uncle is polishing my entire car in exactly 1 Day!! im exited and i will post pics as soon as everything is installed
Old 11-20-09, 08:12 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW i love your car. the trpl black look is so cool. i keep debating on if imma change mine but i thnk imma jus keep blacking everythng out n jus hav to keep it hella clean.
but back to ur original question...i dnt hav custom exhaust but i do have HKS Hi-power mufflers. got em in the classifieds for $460 from gsteg. best purchase ever!! if u want to hear ur car i say thats the best way to go. idk if u heard of em or seen em b4 but top speed pro has a set of mufflers made for our cars for lyk $300 on eBay. they sound pretty nice tho i only heard em on nissans(youtube it)
oh and as for deleting the cat, hmmm wouldnt advise unless u got a way to get around emissions but i do hear there is a significant power gain. n depending on ur engine setup n a rich fuel setting u might b able to get flames out the exhaust naturally aspirated.
here's my OEM exhaust with pilot motorsport tips welded on it. they of course dont make a difference in sound but i thought they looked cool.

and here's my setup now with the HKS. a lot bigger (4.7 inch tips) n a really deep rumble. u can hear it coming

only other thing i culd advise is to delete ur resonators n replace wit larger mm straight pipes. a local custom shop shuld do this for less than $100. that wuld make sum noise.
Old 11-21-09, 12:59 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
BTW i love your car. the trpl black look is so cool. i keep debating on if imma change mine but i thnk imma jus keep blacking everythng out n jus hav to keep it hella clean.
but back to ur original question...i dnt hav custom exhaust but i do have HKS Hi-power mufflers. got em in the classifieds for $460 from gsteg. best purchase ever!! if u want to hear ur car i say thats the best way to go. idk if u heard of em or seen em b4 but top speed pro has a set of mufflers made for our cars for lyk $300 on eBay. they sound pretty nice tho i only heard em on nissans(youtube it)
oh and as for deleting the cat, hmmm wouldnt advise unless u got a way to get around emissions but i do hear there is a significant power gain. n depending on ur engine setup n a rich fuel setting u might b able to get flames out the exhaust naturally aspirated.
here's my OEM exhaust with pilot motorsport tips welded on it. they of course dont make a difference in sound but i thought they looked cool.

and here's my setup now with the HKS. a lot bigger (4.7 inch tips) n a really deep rumble. u can hear it coming

only other thing i culd advise is to delete ur resonators n replace wit larger mm straight pipes. a local custom shop shuld do this for less than $100. that wuld make sum noise.
i definatly think you should keep the all black look. i must say your car is very clean and you have good taste in mods, well in my opinion obviously since our cars our very alike, we both got black rims, blacked out tailights, black lexus badge, blackout grill, then im gunna paint the housing of the headlights like yours when i paint my exhaust. and i finally got my hids today and installed em. basically have same color as yours cause heres what 30000K
looks like according to the store it was shipped from "its a bright purple with slight pink" my a$$ but cheers to our blacked out gs's

ohh and by the way u got anyother pics of your exhaust? or threads you posted them on i could chech out, i was thinking a 3" mufflers cause 4's looked to big but yours are 4.7" and look perfect!? and i think im gunna remove my cat and resonators, ill deal with the emissions when it comes haha.
and what do you think of these mufflers??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-4-...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-21-09, 06:18 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

way to find a deal! i always considered getting one of those mufflers, but they only problem i would make sure u dont have is a lot of rust on ur OEM piping, cuz it might be a BIOTCH trynna get welded to if it too rusted. or the auto shop might say its fine then ur muffler falls off next week. lol. but those look cool. i would jus want to hear them. the big names u kno wat they sound like n those unknowns will b unknown until u either love em or hate em after u put em or ur car. i say go for it tho, they dnt cost that much. here's a thread with my car's pics. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...you-think.html it lyk two more pics of the back so u can kinda get a better look at it. but i can take sum more later. n i def thnk u shuld get the blacked out housing. i love it. i jus smoked my foglights last night outta boredom. i'll add pics of that later too

Last edited by BP_VVt-i; 11-21-09 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-21-09, 06:24 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

o and about the lights WOW thats nuts. wat site u order from? if u want more HIDs for like ur fogs or highbeams go here cuz they have a sale going on.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/catalog/HID_Kits-85-1.html

slim ballasts 35w HIDs for $50 and fat ballasts (LOL) 35w HIDs for $30. i ordered sum for my fogs last nite n paid only $42 with shipping
Old 11-21-09, 06:31 AM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
i definatly think you should keep the all black look. i must say your car is very clean and you have good taste in mods, well in my opinion obviously since our cars our very alike, we both got black rims, blacked out tailights, black lexus badge, blackout grill, then im gunna paint the housing of the headlights like yours when i paint my exhaust. and i finally got my hids today and installed em. basically have same color as yours cause heres what 30000K
looks like according to the store it was shipped from "its a bright purple with slight pink" my a$$ but cheers to our blacked out gs's

ohh and by the way u got anyother pics of your exhaust? or threads you posted them on i could chech out, i was thinking a 3" mufflers cause 4's looked to big but yours are 4.7" and look perfect!? and i think im gunna remove my cat and resonators, ill deal with the emissions when it comes haha.
and what do you think of these mufflers??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-4-...Q5fAccessories

Please don't get those ricer canisters they are ugly as hell. What I would do would be go to a muffler shop have them delete your secondary mufflers and replace with straight pipe. Then have them weld up a tip of your chose. I had the same thing done on my old gs400 and I had them weld up the stock tips.. Looked alot cleaner and sounded real good while moving.. My friends used to be like do you have a hemi in there.. lol

here is a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6Gf3p694Y
Old 11-21-09, 09:01 AM
CleanGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some nice exhaust you have there!

just got them done 4" exhaust!

i also have a V8 with mods. And this exhaust is quiet when idle but when i hit that gas pedal it roar like a Monster, and no it doesn't sound like a dang honda with that high pitch sound. i had MagnaFlow for a while it sounded very nice but like you said i want to hear the power of my V8. Maybe i'll do a video of it later.

Last edited by CleanGS4; 11-21-09 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-21-09, 09:42 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im on stock muffler w/ the resonators deleted. Gives it a little more rumble, yet quiet enough my co-workers and clients won't complain. I'm thinking about just getting tips and maybe an x-pipe if I do want some more.
Old 11-21-09, 11:16 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Cheapest way possible? Just goto a muffler shop and tell them to cut off all the exhaust pipe after the headers and weld in a down bend so it points straight to the ground. It should be very cheap(around $30-50 depending on the shop) and quick to do and will yield maximum sound results . It will get you in trouble fast with the cops, but you WILL be heard
Old 11-21-09, 11:43 AM
CleanGS4
Pole Position

Agree^ lol.
Old 11-21-09, 12:53 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw 4" tips, you should rock these.

Old 11-21-09, 03:07 PM
VALET dude
Driver

thats what im talking about ^^
with aggressive fender mod
Old 11-21-09, 03:17 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
Please don't get those ricer canisters they are ugly as hell. What I would do would be go to a muffler shop have them delete your secondary mufflers and replace with straight pipe. Then have them weld up a tip of your chose. I had the same thing done on my old gs400 and I had them weld up the stock tips.. Looked alot cleaner and sounded real good while moving.. My friends used to be like do you have a hemi in there.. lol

here is a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6Gf3p694Y
yeah i guess your right.. like i said i dont wanna look like a ricer... but others on here are making it soo hard.. like cleangs4's exhaust looks soo nice..
Old 11-21-09, 03:23 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you can buy 2 universal oval 2 1/4 inlet and outlet mufflers kinda like a magnaflow knock offs with tips or without tips, and then you can pick out tips. HEres an example stock mufflers with tailpipes made by me and stainless tips they are 3" height, 4.75 with and 6" lenght, just perfect. I liked the way it looked but not the way it sounded i later added a set of magnaflow mufflers with connector pipes and also deleted the resonators with custom y pipe. Heres a pic with stock mufflers [IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-21-09, 03:39 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Screw 4" tips, you should rock these.

+1...you definitely make some head turn...LOL...You want LOUD..there it is..

Quick Reply: exhaust?/car pics