Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ceramic Coating Headers/Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 08:30 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by montgb
LOL - you're not biased, are you? But I definitely want these headers.
Me?! NO!! Regardless if I am or not. Think about it, how many parts out there add HP to our cars? From day one I didn't care how much the SC costs cause there's not much of an option out there. So I got it regardless of cost per HP.

Point is I want power and I'm one of few that would pay for it
Old 12-04-09, 09:35 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Point is I want power and I'm one of few that would pay for it
I agree with iSuxel on this one. While some may place more emphasis on hp/$, for others its matter of simply having it or not for whichever reason, in this limited market, and on this specific vehicle (given its other merits). This certainly isn't the most mod-friendly application some of us have played with, but it is what it is. So far as I'm concerned, my attitude towards these modifications comes from the idea that I do so because I enjoy it-- perhaps a bit more, but never less. Once expectations are kept realistic, we can avoid disillusionment, especially for those of us who have toyed with other applications that can/have outperform the IS.

I enjoy the car, but realize where I have to pay to play (and sometimes don't pull that trigger). Those who are disappointed should take it as a learning experience with their next purchase.
Old 12-04-09, 09:57 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Heh...after getting over 500hp into a 260hp car with my last vehicle (without resorting to forced induction either) I bought my IS350 explicitly because there was not much worth doing to add power to it.

If I'd wanted something significantly more powerful I'd have bought an F.
Old 12-05-09, 04:08 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
I agree with iSuxel on this one. While some may place more emphasis on hp/$, for others its matter of simply having it or not for whichever reason, in this limited market, and on this specific vehicle (given its other merits). This certainly isn't the most mod-friendly application some of us have played with, but it is what it is. So far as I'm concerned, my attitude towards these modifications comes from the idea that I do so because I enjoy it-- perhaps a bit more, but never less. Once expectations are kept realistic, we can avoid disillusionment, especially for those of us who have toyed with other applications that can/have outperform the IS.

I enjoy the car, but realize where I have to pay to play (and sometimes don't pull that trigger). Those who are disappointed should take it as a learning experience with their next purchase.
Very well put and my thoughts exactly on this one.