Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Driving myself crazy; got a G-Tech!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-09, 07:53 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by denut-L
G-tech is crap

I was doing 13's at over 100mph and took it to the track with same setup and not even close. might be different for yours. put some videos up
I was afraid of these fidings too before I bought it so I researched the ***** out of it. There are SEVERAL videos on youtube that show the accuracy of this unit. There is one video that comes to mind that's like 9 minutes long of a person doing at least EIGHT 1/4 mile runs at his local track...he had an older muscle car. He had the G-Tech Pro SS in his car while doing these runs to TEST the accuracy of this unit. He was clicking off 13.23 second 1/4 mile runs and the G-Tech was measuring 13.25's; it was ALWAYS within .02 - .03 seconds from his ACTUAL track times on EVERY RUN! So to me...that's pretty damn accurate for what I am using it for. Next time try with your traction control on...it may just surprise you!
Old 12-06-09, 08:06 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vadim540i
I don't believe you lol, 4.76 sec 0 60 I've had modded 99 bmw 540 (4.4L V8) with 6 speed, it had more hp/tq than GS4, and and it did only like 5.3-4.

I thought that those cars were rated as 5.5 second 0-60 cars in stock form. So you had more than 50 hp added to your car and were only able to click off .1-.2 seconds faster to 60 mph? Perhaps your shifting is good but perhaps (due to the fact that it is a '99) it wasn't in optimal running condition (i.e. old MAF, old spark plugs, old O2 sensors...etc etc. ALL electronics that deals with A/F ratios is brand new in my car. You could have VERY well negated a lot of that added power (from modding) from wear and tear.

For example, I KNOW before I started modding my car WAS NOT making 300 HP (crank) as once rated from the factory; it was probably more like 280 hp IF that! So in essence I added even more than 50 hp (crank) to my car by modding because now it is at a TRUE 350 hp (crank) range as per dyno and tuning.

When dealing with older vehicle's there is A LOT more room for error in modding and guesstimating power output...the car is OLD and could or could NOT be properly maintained. It's not like you have an '07 or '08 car that if you do X amount of modding now it is at X+1 power. It is totally different with an older car. The X that you may THINK you are STARTING with may actually be X-1 so with modding you're basically either back to JUST X or X+.5 lol. Make sense?
Old 12-06-09, 02:00 PM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
People do NOT understand just how much a high stall TC impacts performance with these cars. It was COMPLETELY NIGHT AND DAY with regard to acceleration with the addition of this mod. It is the MOST impressive mod that I have to date hands down!
So true. Gs4 picks up speed slow from dig because stock torque converter doesn't allow higher rpm for launch.

This video I took when I had my GS4, bone stock...
Old 12-06-09, 02:10 PM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I thought that those cars were rated as 5.5 second 0-60 cars in stock form. So you had more than 50 hp added to your car and were only able to click off .1-.2 seconds faster to 60 mph? Perhaps your shifting is good but perhaps (due to the fact that it is a '99) it wasn't in optimal running condition (i.e. old MAF, old spark plugs, old O2 sensors...etc etc. ALL electronics that deals with A/F ratios is brand new in my car. You could have VERY well negated a lot of that added power (from modding) from wear and tear.

For example, I KNOW before I started modding my car WAS NOT making 300 HP (crank) as once rated from the factory; it was probably more like 280 hp IF that! So in essence I added even more than 50 hp (crank) to my car by modding because now it is at a TRUE 350 hp (crank) range as per dyno and tuning.

When dealing with older vehicle's there is A LOT more room for error in modding and guesstimating power output...the car is OLD and could or could NOT be properly maintained. It's not like you have an '07 or '08 car that if you do X amount of modding now it is at X+1 power. It is totally different with an older car. The X that you may THINK you are STARTING with may actually be X-1 so with modding you're basically either back to JUST X or X+.5 lol. Make sense?
Car was in good running condition, I guess I just didn't time myself good... Hell I didn't even take a video
Old 12-08-09, 05:51 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

New update on post #9

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sto...ch-pro-rr.html
Old 12-14-09, 11:06 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i wonder if jeff has this.