Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Headers..... I want them, Need advice on what kind!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-09, 11:33 PM
cjlazar84
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headers..... I want them, Need advice on what kind!

Title says it all. I have tanabe exhaust with invidia mid pipes. Hey Phil what do you have on your ride????

Thanks,

Lazar
Old 12-07-09, 11:41 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if you're going to ask Phil888, you could just PM him...

but since your were wondering, there are two companies doing R&D for headers: IMF and PPE.

iirc, mazzuri is not making headers for the 2is anymore, and jun-tw's headers are for the is250 only (and cost an arm and a leg), as are megan racing's headers.

a search for "headers" in the 2is performance subsection would have found all of that for you.

again, for future reference, please use the search function. much appreciated.
Old 12-07-09, 11:41 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

phill doesent have headers ..i dont think so anyways

your only option for actual gains is PPE contact them
unless u want to wait for IMF which are in the process of being made
and we still have to see dynos on those

/closed haha
Old 12-08-09, 12:20 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
if you're going to ask Phil888, you could just PM him...

a search for "headers" in the 2is performance subsection would have found all of that for you.

again, for future reference, please use the search function. much appreciated.
Old 12-08-09, 07:00 AM
cjlazar84
Pole Position

I have read a bunch about headers and yes i have used the search function. I wanted fresh new ideas on them, not ideas and opinions post 2 years ago.

Did i not put this thread in the right spot????????????????

Isnt club lexus a place for owners to talk about what they want to chat about. why are we being babied about where to write stuff????????????

And yet another thing, i just threw the thing in about phil at the end just to see if i could get his attention. I didnt want to ask just him.

Lazar
Old 12-08-09, 08:45 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

waiting for imf then decide ppe or imf
Old 12-08-09, 11:33 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjlazar84
I have read a bunch about headers and yes i have used the search function. I wanted fresh new ideas on them, not ideas and opinions post 2 years ago.

Isnt club lexus a place for owners to talk about what they want to chat about. why are we being babied about where to write stuff????????????

And yet another thing, i just threw the thing in about phil at the end just to see if i could get his attention. I didnt want to ask just him.

Lazar
HEADERS have been discussed over and over in this PERFORMANCE section, and that's one of the reasons why other members were mentioning about the SEARCH FUNCTION
yes, the thread might had been opened years ago, but there is a reason why those threads get BUMP time to time..because members keep updating with NEW INFO!!!
so we ask you to keep your eye on those threads to minimize the occurrence of similar threads

here are some threads that were open while ago, but still in progress
so please take your time to read from page 1 all the way to the LATEST post..
hope this helps

Ceramic Coating Headers

Interested in new IS HEADERS?

PPE IS350 HEADERS

GL

Last edited by SeOuLiS250; 12-08-09 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-08-09, 01:33 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

I smell a troll ....
Old 12-08-09, 03:59 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

He's not trolling...

Lazar expect a PM soon..
Old 12-08-09, 06:04 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Lazar
the point is not about posting the right thread in the right spot - the moderators will fix it if you didn't. the point is about you using the search function. you will find that the 2is forum is a huge knowledge base - as long as you can manage your way around the forums and use the search function. it's not rocket science, really.

you may or may not get Phil888's attention by posting a thread in here, but you can definitely get his attention by sending him a PM. that's what the PM function is for.

as a long-time 2is owner and a frequenter of the 2is section, i believe others and myself should be encouraging the establishment of a sense of community. however, when our patience is being tried with new threads of topics already addressed (as alluded to by SeOuLiS250), we're going to be very straightforward and tell you to use the search function. we're not trying to be jerks, but rather, it's just that simple.

hope you understand.

/OT

the same ideas two years ago still apply today. aftermarket support for the 2is is limited at best. that's why very few (iirc, TWO) companies have released aftermarket headers for the 2is to date.
Old 12-09-09, 12:56 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lazar
Welcome to ClubLexus...
Unfortunately it seems as though some can never make any good supporting comments on this forum. Although it's very insightful to suggest using the "search function" I don't believe we're all n00bs or monkeys. If anyone doesn't have anything useful to post or suggest for the OP then don't post at all. This isn't an over the top "moderate" everyone forum. We are a Lexus community that was formed to help Lexus drivers. If you don't like the thread someone created then don't bother posting. If there's no interest it will die out. So please people let's be welcoming.

Lazar, PPE should be posting info soon regarding their headers.
I as you, was interested in the headers when I first purchased my car. I just feel that I'm going to wait until my warranty expires so I can give them a try
Old 12-09-09, 01:19 AM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

PPE's headers have shown some gain, although that was with a full exhaust system on it already so we don't really know what kind of gains it REALLY is giving...IMF headers are going to R&D'd starting in January I believe, so there is still some time before comparable headers to the PPE ones are out. If you can't wait another 2 months or so I would just go with the PPE ones. they seem to be of excellent quality
Old 12-09-09, 05:02 PM
izoom
Driver School Candidate

Headers and mid-pipe make sense? It should give me small gains and might sound cool!?!
Old 12-09-09, 05:47 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by izoom
Headers and mid-pipe make sense? It should give me small gains and might sound cool!?!
Yes, but the whole set-up would be even cooler
Old 02-24-10, 03:12 PM
Split
Rookie

^ has anyone tried these headers yet: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stain...Q5fAccessories - they look like they have some sort of HFC or something in them. Could be a lot less ricey sounding.. a little more lexus like?

Quick Reply: Headers..... I want them, Need advice on what kind!