Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

greddy se vs f-sport exhaust.. Is it f-sport worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-09, 11:04 AM
hybridanim
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default greddy se vs f-sport exhaust.. Is it f-sport worth it?

Hello there, I know this topic has been beaten up over and over, but I would like to know if there is a huge justification of getting a f-sport exhaust over the greddy se?

I mean the greddy is almost half the price of an f-sport, and in terms of looks, its a matter of preference. But performance wise, it'll be the same am i correct?

So for those who got the f-sport over greddy or tanabe, what was your reasoning behind it? Was the price difference worth it over greddy or tanabe? Please chime in. Thanks guys!
Old 12-11-09, 01:03 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not in any rush I hear there is another good company coming out with a very nice exhaust you could always check out as well.
Old 12-11-09, 01:28 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hybridanim
Hello there, I know this topic has been beaten up over and over, but I would like to know if there is a huge justification of getting a f-sport exhaust over the greddy se?

I mean the greddy is almost half the price of an f-sport, and in terms of looks, its a matter of preference. But performance wise, it'll be the same am i correct?

So for those who got the f-sport over greddy or tanabe, what was your reasoning behind it? Was the price difference worth it over greddy or tanabe? Please chime in. Thanks guys!
All the axle-backs produce the same (roughly) 7 hp.

Sound, and I guess look of the tips, are the primary differences that might cause someone to spend 2x as much (or more) on one over another.
Old 12-11-09, 01:34 PM
L-S-D
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

imo greddy is nicer

looks/sound

and ofcourse the price makes it even beter
Old 12-11-09, 03:21 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

f-sport is just way too expensive! I have the greddy at home right now and am installing it on tuesday! I will come back to tell you about it
Old 12-11-09, 05:23 PM
hybridanim
Lead Lap

thanks guys for the input!!! greddy it is!
Old 12-11-09, 07:53 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

F Sport- Sound and look all the way. I Love mine, i sorta test mine out in a video imade for another topic. The sound in person cant be explained in words. I love my exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PMI8ZQpwQ

If you just want to see the Exhaust + Rev Skip to 2:20 or so
Old 12-11-09, 08:11 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

actually any exhaust, doesnt add/produce power, it just frees up power that was already there, also with any axle/catback type exhaust you still have the bottlenecks so... its really just a 'sound' preference.

I have a Greedy SP2 exhaust cuz REV-01 told me to buy it so i did, that was good enough reason for me
Old 12-11-09, 08:56 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AZ JB
If you're not in any rush I hear there is another good company coming out with a very nice exhaust you could always check out as well.
Mind sharing this "secret" company?

I'd go with F-Sport if I had the extra $$$. Greddy SE is a great choice. I'm having the same questions as well. Trying to decide between the two. Leaning towards Greddy at the moment.
Old 12-11-09, 09:08 PM
hybridanim
Lead Lap

Just thinking for the price of an f sport exhaust, u can get a greddy exhaust and fsport intake
Old 12-11-09, 09:44 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I love my GReddy. You won't regret getting it.
Old 12-12-09, 12:15 AM
MothIS
Lead Lap

Get Greddy if you dont want to spend that much money, if money isnt a problem get the F Sport.
Old 12-12-09, 12:25 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MothIS
if money isnt a problem get the F Sport.
but why? what does the fsport have that the greedy dont? you gonna pay more just for a different sound? cuz its... FSport *cough*hks*cough*??? just cuz somethings cost more doesnt mean their better ... imo it just means your a fool with your money...

NOW if you like the sound of the FSport, by all means get it. Just dont get it for the 'money isnt a problem' reason.
Old 12-12-09, 01:18 AM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
but why? what does the fsport have that the greedy dont? you gonna pay more just for a different sound? cuz its... FSport *cough*hks*cough*??? just cuz somethings cost more doesnt mean their better ... imo it just means your a fool with your money...

NOW if you like the sound of the FSport, by all means get it. Just dont get it for the 'money isnt a problem' reason.
I like the look and the sound of the F-Sport, and "money isnt a problem" to get the F-Sport exhaust.

Last edited by quang; 12-12-09 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-12-09, 02:11 AM
Ki11switch
Rookie

I once was in a dilemma on which exhaust to get. Luckily i go to school were everyone and there mom drives an is and was able to hear and see in person which exhaust i personally like. I highly recommend that u do so if you have the chance. I went with the F-sport bc it didnt have that blue tip, f-sport sounded nicer, and also i really just wanted to stick with a factory product. If your lucky you can get a used one for like 650 like i did. Check ebay i usually find people on there selling theirs bc there female companions hate the sound.

Quick Reply: greddy se vs f-sport exhaust.. Is it f-sport worth it?