Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-10, 02:03 PM
AG4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.

Gentlemen. I do not post to often, but I think it is time for me to do so. I feel that the purpose of the forums is for a gathering of POSITIVE enthusiast learning, helping, and sharing imformation and becoming one community.

If I go to a Lexus Dealeership to purchase a car, I will chose the color I like. We all have that right. If I see a color or STYLE I do not like, then I would simply say, "I don't care for the color".

I feel that we are not hear to pick apart some ones car, but if they are ASKING for and opinon, then give a positive, constructive, opinon.

Hear is a small break down of my 1998 GS400 all metal wide body Twin Turbo Lexus.

I built the car solely to compete in the Carshow Circuit. That means that it was built for points. The car has been in many ads, mags, and web sites. I have been invited to SEMA every year since 2003 so the car is respected in the community. To date, I have spent over $150K on the car

Reather you liked them or not, my trade mark is the red headlights and the screen in the gas led.

The Stock color of the car is Blk. Then it became red, white, red/orange Kandy, Red Candy, and now True Gold with a green/red Kandy.

The all metal wide body is molded to a Veilside kit that consist of a hood, side skirts, front & rear bumber and rear spoiler.

Engine bay is shaved and filled. Complete wire tuck. Secondary fuel system. Over a 150 man hrs in the intake alone. ETC.... Over $70K in the motor.

Interior: Carbon headliner, Carbon Door Panels, Carbon Satus Racing seats, Carbon dash pieces, Custom painted 2 tone Kandy roll cage. All Italian leather and suede. 4, 10" kavlar/carbon subs in rear deck led ETC....

My mode list is very long. There is nothing on the car that has not been touched or customed. From the wireless controlled Airrunner's to the 2 Garret turbo.

I will attach varies picks to show the stages of the built.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-dsc00681.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-dsc00669.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_0011.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_4023.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_4046.jpg-ii.jpg  

Old 01-04-10, 02:05 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AG4
Gentlemen. I do not post to often, but I think it is time for me to do so. I feel that the purpose of the forums is for a gathering of POSITIVE enthusiast learning, helping, and sharing imformation and becoming one community.

If I go to a Lexus Dealeership to purchase a car, I will chose the color I like. We all have that right. If I see a color or STYLE I do not like, then I would simply say, "I don't care for the color".

I feel that we are not hear to pick apart some ones car, but if they are ASKING for and opinon, then give a positive, constructive, opinon.

Hear is a small break down of my 1998 GS400 all metal wide body Twin Turbo Lexus.

I built the car solely to compete in the Carshow Circuit. That means that it was built for points. The car has been in many ads, mags, and web sites. I have been invited to SEMA every year since 2003 so the car is respected in the community. To date, I have spent over $150K on the car

Reather you liked them or not, my trade mark is the red headlights and the screen in the gas led.

The Stock color of the car is Blk. Then it became red, white, red/orange Kandy, Red Candy, and now True Gold with a green/red Kandy.

The all metal wide body is molded to a Veilside kit that consist of a hood, side skirts, front & rear bumber and rear spoiler.

Engine bay is shaved and filled. Complete wire tuck. Secondary fuel system. Over a 150 man hrs in the intake alone. ETC.... Over $70K in the motor.

Interior: Carbon headliner, Carbon Door Panels, Carbon Satus Racing seats, Carbon dash pieces, Custom painted 2 tone Kandy roll cage. All Italian leather and suede. 4, 10" kavlar/carbon subs in rear deck led ETC....

My mode list is very long. There is nothing on the car that has not been touched or customed. From the wireless controlled Airrunner's to the 2 Garret turbo.

I will attach varies picks to show the stages of the built.
where did u get the strut bar from the 3rd pic? i like that
Old 01-04-10, 02:06 PM
AG4
Rookie

More pics.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_4111.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_4115.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_4119.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_4120.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-imgyt56igyf98iusur2g8pt_28027.jpg  

Old 01-04-10, 02:11 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

So is that the lastest color?
Old 01-04-10, 02:11 PM
AG4
Rookie

More pics.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_2823.ii-jpg.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_2585.jpg-ii.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_5199.jpg   Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-acvhin131.jpg  
Old 01-04-10, 02:13 PM
AG4
Rookie

Last offer. $42K.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.-img_4767-2-.jpg  
Old 01-04-10, 02:16 PM
AG4
Rookie

Originally Posted by sakataj
where did u get the strut bar from the 3rd pic? i like that
TRD in 2003.
Old 01-04-10, 02:18 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just curious with $70k in the motor, do you have any dyno #'s? What are you using for engine management and what all has been done to the internals? The intake is amazing btw.
Old 01-04-10, 02:47 PM
AG4
Rookie

Originally Posted by speedaddic
just curious with $70k in the motor, do you have any dyno #'s? What are you using for engine management and what all has been done to the internals? The intake is amazing btw.
I was never interested in the performance side of the build. The only reason why I went this far was for points. Don't get me wrong, I am into it, but if I damage this car I would be out for the season. So yes for the most part it is a trailer queen and I will never track this car because of the build and it weights over 3600lbs.

As you are aware, a stock trans will only hold up to 400hp. Based on the horse power we estimated the motor will produce, I have looked at other possibilities that will cost me another $6-12,000.

Now that HIN is gone for good and I went from doing 18-22 shows a year to only 4. I don't know if I will continue.

The boss (my wife) wants to move. So selling my house and purchasing another home is my next big move.
Down payment is needed before a trans.

I am working on a 1987 Porshe 928 S4 and a 1995 LS430. The LS is all JP and is my daliy driver.

Last edited by AG4; 01-04-10 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-04-10, 02:59 PM
AG4
Rookie

In the second pic is the TRD strut. In the 5th pic custom.
Old 01-04-10, 03:30 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

I give you a lot of credit for your dedication to this platform. Thanks for bringing this car out there and getting it exposed. The more talk the better for aftermarket support.
Your car is one of a kind and GLWS>
Old 01-04-10, 03:35 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What will you be doing with the car if it doesn't sell?
Old 01-04-10, 03:46 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Definitely a work of art.. Lots of dedication to this build.. and the trophies speak for themselves..
Old 01-04-10, 04:11 PM
Boyle
Driver School Candidate

i really like that red, whats the color code on that?
Old 01-04-10, 04:21 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see the owner got to post up. there was alot of negative feedback on another thread and I am sure it was overran in the other thread.

HIN has changed alot and see it fail with changes aswell.

Good luck with the sale and the motor is one of my Favorites , i personally loved the black and red combo the best

James

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo GS Speaks, Again.