Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Single turbo 400

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-10, 03:35 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All I can say is have fun when its done....

FI seems to be a nightmare for most gs4 owners and a money pit...non stop. If your car gets running right, we want lots of videos, lots of pictures and lots of stories of all the cars you smoke

If my car doesn't get right soon, I'm going to scrap the motor and go with a LSx motor that I know I can get 500whp easily.
Old 01-12-10, 09:29 PM
justink08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Well before I even saw the build, anyone named Justin gets +1 in my book. That being said, your GS is awesome! I would love to see some build pics of the motor if you would happen to have any lying around. I love that intake, that thing is sweet as hell! Any idea on what you've put into this build as it sits now? This thing is a monster.
hmmm. you must me a justin too. no pics of the motor but i promise the internals are in there. you want to know how much $$ has gone into the build? like klynchgs4 says he writes a mean check!

Originally Posted by JDMCelsior
where in WA are you? Nice project by the way, very nice!
I should update that. when i became a member on this board i was living in kent, washington but have since moved down to socal. thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted by speedaddic
All I can say is have fun when its done....

FI seems to be a nightmare for most gs4 owners and a money pit...non stop. If your car gets running right, we want lots of videos, lots of pictures and lots of stories of all the cars you smoke

If my car doesn't get right soon, I'm going to scrap the motor and go with a LSx motor that I know I can get 500whp easily.
agreed! it is a nightmare and a money pit. space contraints and lack of bolt on parts are probably the biggest hurdles. there's no way in hell this would have worked without making substantial modifications to the front end and running some of the plumbing underneath the crossmember.

there's no doubt we'll get it working with the aem. we've pulled off several standalone miracles with other cars. ha! driveability becomes the main challenge, which is probably what you are referring to. with mehraz (our tuning genius) i'm sure everything will workout just fine. yes, there will be more pictures and (i'm not sure if klynchgs4 will appreciate) video!
Old 01-13-10, 07:45 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Justin's are pretty awesome
Old 01-13-10, 10:05 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

looks amazing........only think i dont like it the notched radiator support. did u relocate the radiator INTO the support? man, u ever get into a front end wreck the IC, radiator, and radiator support are toast immediately. great car though....subscribed
Old 01-13-10, 06:44 PM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice build want to see some dyno numbers
Old 03-18-10, 09:32 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

what happened to this build also?
Old 03-18-10, 10:05 AM
njs
Driver

Yeah, more updates!!!!!
Old 03-18-10, 10:24 AM
klynchgs4
Driver

we're putting in a th400 tranny - justin can comment on the progress under the hood
Old 03-18-10, 01:38 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! Can't wait to see final pics.
Old 03-18-10, 07:07 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Nice build. Not your everyday turbo project.
Old 03-19-10, 09:21 PM
justink08

Sorry for the lack of updates as there hasn't been much visible progress. We WILL fire-up the beast soon. There has been a change in plan which has further delayed the start up date. klynchgs4 has decided to bite the bullet and put a th400 in it. Parts should be coming in soon!

Small updates:
Lokar throttle cable modified to work with the factory gas pedal. (smooth as butter!)
Headlight brackets.

I'll post some pictures up tomorrow.

-justin
Old 03-23-10, 10:43 PM
justink08

Here are some pictures of the throttle linkage. Throttle bracket just needs to be welded at the edges to prevent flexing.

Here I used the factory plastic firewall plug and simply shaved off the snout so that the Lokar cable could mount to it flush.

This is where the cable hooks up to the pedal just under the dash. The round silver disk thingy is factory that has the factory cable manufactured as one piece. I drilled out the factory cable, beveled the edge, and slid in the Lokar cable (red nipple thingy).

Old 03-23-10, 10:48 PM
justink08

btw, bolts holding the throttle cable are dirty, allen head bolts will replace those.
Old 03-23-10, 11:20 PM
StockGS400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. . . Is all I really have to say. . .
Old 03-23-10, 11:54 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice that you guys are putting in a TH400. The stock auto would of been a nightmare for you guys. First of all because you removed the factory electronic throttle body, the ECU can't operate the trans without it. Second, it looks like the car will be putting down some mean power and I don't think the Toyota auto is up for the task. I was going to recommend you guys do a manual swap or a TH400, but I guess you got that covered already lol.

Fire that beast up and keep us updated. I'm always fascinated by Toyota UZ V8 builds. Personally, I would just drop in a LS2/3 and TT that...but that's just me

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I thought BoostLogic took care of the car? Or does it still not run right? Keep in mind, by swapping in a LSx, you will lose many of the cars factory functions.

Quick Reply: Single turbo 400