Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

rmm supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-10, 08:47 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rmm supercharger kit

i have been thinking of selling my rmm supercharger kit to finance a motor swap but was wandering what you guys think it is worth i do have a brand new supercharger that i just bought from vortec its also the polished case it also has a blitz bov just spent 2,000 on the new supercharger with trade in they are alot more with out trade in about 3,500 and since you cant even buy this kit anymore what would it be worth?
Old 01-11-10, 09:40 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

minimum 4500...Its a rare item...no less...
Old 01-12-10, 06:51 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^sounds right.....Good luck!
Old 01-12-10, 07:19 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to get the LS engine swap huh?
Old 01-13-10, 04:34 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it depends on it your in a hurry or not. I think the above stated is more than fair if you don't really have a time limit or in desperate need of the money. If your looking for a quick sum then I think a little less would definitely entice people a little more. With that being said, I know what it's like to have tons of time and energy into a project not to mention the parts, I want to get as much as possible. Please don't take me as trying to lower your price or anything, I was simply adding my thought. Good luck with the sale, pictures would also help us a get an even better idea. Try throwing up a asking price and see what people shout back at you in the For sale section.
Old 01-13-10, 06:51 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

thanks for all the input guys for some reason i thought it would be worth more being a rare kit and all but i guess i was wrong. at that price ill just keep it and use the supercharger for the ls motor. thanks again for all the input guys!! oh yea heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails rmm supercharger kit-supercharger-pic.jpg  
Old 01-13-10, 07:59 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Tom, really depends on all your extras. I see you have the split second too.... I was just staying start at $4500
Old 01-13-10, 08:49 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

well i will have to see if someone offers me enough i would probably take it i was just trying to see what it might be worth. i have a lot of extras on it extra pulleys so on...
Old 01-14-10, 04:20 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Tom, really depends on all your extras. I see you have the split second too.... I was just staying start at $4500
Whats the split second? I did a quick search and it looks like that make plug and play turbo tuners for bimmers..

Op if I had the money I would give you 4.5K in a heartbeat. I will be looking to go FI in the future... GL.
Old 01-14-10, 06:56 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Keep it man. You're going to have a hard time finding someone to even pay $4500. I guarantee.
Old 01-14-10, 08:38 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

You might have a point NemeGuero, cause when we started with our cars, not all these kids had them. Now the GS' are so cheap, not a lot of kids can afford to buy mods like we did...
Old 01-14-10, 10:10 AM
tom steele
Lead Lap

true the cost is a little high for kids that just got mommys car but then again there are a lot of rich kids that there parents give them whatever they want i do live in so cal. and as far as the split sec unit it is ftc1 it is a fuel and timing calibration unit that piggy backs on you stock ecu. i actually took that out and just put in a apexi neo easier to tune. i plan on going back to the split sec unit once i get afr meter hooked up i have a plx gauge with afr sensor but i have to but in my high flow cats and x pipe on my exsaust but have been waiting to see if i am going to do this swap to the ls because i figure ill have to redo the exsaust then anyways so why do it twice....
Old 01-14-10, 10:49 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tom steele
true the cost is a little high for kids that just got mommys car but then again there are a lot of rich kids that there parents give them whatever they want i do live in so cal. and as far as the split sec unit it is ftc1 it is a fuel and timing calibration unit that piggy backs on you stock ecu. i actually took that out and just put in a apexi neo easier to tune. i plan on going back to the split sec unit once i get afr meter hooked up i have a plx gauge with afr sensor but i have to but in my high flow cats and x pipe on my exsaust but have been waiting to see if i am going to do this swap to the ls because i figure ill have to redo the exsaust then anyways so why do it twice....
Very interesting Tom. So with the RMM kit I thought it came with a fuel and timing calibration unit that piggy backs on you stock ecu. I am assuming you went with a neo to fine tune your AFR even further..
Keep us posted on your decision to go bow-tie or not..
Old 01-14-10, 11:09 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

RMM had no fuel or timing management. They original kit was setup to run 5 psi and the stock computer could usually compensate for that with the 310cc injectors
Old 01-14-10, 11:34 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah the kid/money thing, but also that is fairly expensive

a Turbo setup could be had for a few $k less than your initial asking price, and make more power.

I'm not trying to be rude, just providing another perspective.

If you wanted to sell the RMM kit I bet you could get $3k for it.

But you may be right about rich kids in SoCal.. you may get lucky and find one ready to drop the cash and not look back. I just don't think chances of this are very high. My $.02

Quick Reply: rmm supercharger kit