Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Weapon R Dragon short Ram INTAKE??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 02:21 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thnks Anthony
Old 01-24-10, 07:16 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Lol, who does that

:
Ive seen a few people do that here. SOme people stating every car in their driveway. Others listing cars that they no longer have

Op, Are you looking to make you GS4 faster? Obviosly if you are looking at the intake then yes, but are you doing anything else? If I where you, id save for coilovers, something that will make a big difference.
Old 01-24-10, 07:24 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

oh hi, man finally see someone understood me lol whats wrong with that, i just wanna to list what we got thats why i sigh up to CL...how about tanebe lowering springs??? iam actually planing to get catback Apexi WS2????WHAT do u think?and the TTE lip??

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Ive seen a few people do that here. SOme people stating every car in their driveway. Others listing cars that they no longer have

Op, Are you looking to make you GS4 faster? Obviosly if you are looking at the intake then yes, but are you doing anything else? If I where you, id save for coilovers, something that will make a big difference.
Old 01-24-10, 07:57 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know about springs,, If you dont want to get an aggresive drop, go for it.. I like to drive LOW, thats why I have air suspension TTE lip looks very good, as Im sure you have seen another sb member's ride here.. I dont know much about exhausts, as Ive never dealt with them.

I think you should save for quality parts and not throw whatever on the car.. Seem like you are so
Old 01-24-10, 10:55 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Ive seen a few people do that here. SOme people stating every car in their driveway. Others listing cars that they no longer have.
I've seen that too, but atleast the people that post girl's or wifey's ride is because that's basicly theirs too. Not sister, mom, brother, etc...

I thought the purpose of a signature was for individuality and own style, but I guess not to everyone.
Old 01-24-10, 11:07 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

This thread has gone way off topic..
Old 01-25-10, 09:43 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Dude please leave my threads lol
yea its wayy off topic lol you can post up what u got its allrite

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
I've seen that too, but atleast the people that post girl's or wifey's ride is because that's basicly theirs too. Not sister, mom, brother, etc...

I thought the purpose of a signature was for individuality and own style, but I guess not to everyone.
Old 01-25-10, 10:43 PM
fro20
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, got kinda gay up in here.

Hey OP, get what YOU like. It kinda sounds like you want others to build your car.
Just do yourself a favor and get quality or you will be replacing/upgrading that same part again sooner then you may have wanted to.

Apexi makes all quality products. They don't make one bad thing that I know of :edit: old school apexi GT intercooler didn't let enough air to radiators:edit:
Their exhausts are great, dampers fantastic and power FC is sweet.

You have a V8, get coils first like everyone said, and some Daizen bushings. TTE lips are the shiznite, just make sure you bumper looks as good.

COILOVERS!!!

Jeremy
Old 01-26-10, 09:57 AM
Vic Nyce
Lead Lap

i have that intake on my car. quiet around town and roars when you put your foot down. i dont know if it made any power gains, but it sure feels stronger. [im not ruling out the placebo effect] oh yeah, no check engine light either. the kicker is hearing the VVTi switchover. coming from a handful VTEC Hondas, i was surprised when i first heard it. VTAAAAAKKKKKKKK!!!
Old 01-26-10, 09:15 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

lol yea looks like it went to far!!! thanks for info, yea i like apexi for some reason, but how about Blits and HKS HI power???

Originally Posted by fro20
Wow, got kinda gay up in here.

Hey OP, get what YOU like. It kinda sounds like you want others to build your car.
Just do yourself a favor and get quality or you will be replacing/upgrading that same part again sooner then you may have wanted to.

Apexi makes all quality products. They don't make one bad thing that I know of :edit: old school apexi GT intercooler didn't let enough air to radiators:edit:
Their exhausts are great, dampers fantastic and power FC is sweet.

You have a V8, get coils first like everyone said, and some Daizen bushings. TTE lips are the shiznite, just make sure you bumper looks as good.

COILOVERS!!!

Jeremy
Old 01-26-10, 09:17 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

oh i see idk most ppl recomend K&N

Originally Posted by Vic Nyce
i have that intake on my car. quiet around town and roars when you put your foot down. i dont know if it made any power gains, but it sure feels stronger. [im not ruling out the placebo effect] oh yeah, no check engine light either. the kicker is hearing the VVTi switchover. coming from a handful VTEC Hondas, i was surprised when i first heard it. VTAAAAAKKKKKKKK!!!
Old 01-27-10, 08:24 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Vic Nyce
FYI: There's no VVTi or V-TAK switchover lol. The VVTi is continuously variable, so there's no sudden kick. There is an on/off type ACIS (Acoustic Controlled Induction System) valve in the intake runners that activates at around 4500 rpm. This effectively changes the runners from short runners to long runners. This allows more torque at lower rpm and more power at higher rpm.
Old 01-27-10, 06:12 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey OP, not trying to be an a** or anything, but you should really chill out with the threads and just search. Every single thread that youve posted so far has been covered. Just SEARCH. If you have a question every once in awhile, then sure post it up and we can help out, but dont post up multiple threads all at once. It clutters up the forum and annoys everyone.

And these threads you post up asking what we think, you should just do what you like. Dont go by what others like. I know most people here do the same thing, but its important that you like what youre doing to your car too. I am guilty of doing this as well, but its only when I really dont know what to do. After searching long and hard, if I really dont know what to do or understand something, then Ill post a thread asking about it.

Good luck.

PS: learn how to multi quote. Click the button with the quotations on it and then click "quote" on the last quote you want to use.

Last edited by LexusK; 01-27-10 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-27-10, 10:30 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

hahah man i like ur signature especially last part of it!!!!! but ur gs looks clean did u do it swap by ur self ???

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
FYI: There's no VVTi or V-TAK switchover lol. The VVTi is continuously variable, so there's no sudden kick. There is an on/off type ACIS (Acoustic Controlled Induction System) valve in the intake runners that activates at around 4500 rpm. This effectively changes the runners from short runners to long runners. This allows more torque at lower rpm and more power at higher rpm.