Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Exhaust Claim

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-10, 03:24 PM
ahnjae
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit............
Old 02-03-10, 03:31 PM
ahnjae
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahnjae
Edit............
Originally Posted by lobuxracer
And on the facing page is a great big ad for the sparkplugs no doubt. Sorry, I've dyno'd too many engines to believe sparkplugs add power unless they are correcting a problem with the previously installed units.

Magazines sell advertising. Advertising pays the editor and staff salaries. I've seen MANY articles claiming a BBK shortens stopping distance and they even do tests to prove it. Unfortunately, they don't tell you they put stickier tires on the vehicle before they did the testing, so undoubtedly it will stop in a shorter distance. Same is true for sparkplugs. If the original plug is the correct heat range for the application, gapped correctly, and installed correctly, there isn't going to be even a small difference in horsepower when tested by an impartial tester.

^^^^i agree. Theres just so many considerations that come into play when trying to dyno for such a small increase in gain. I know i have dyno'd back to back the same car with the same mods, same gear, same weather same etc. and have read slightly different numbers.

Also, this is coming from Import Tuner........come on now!