Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

A couple of new videos of my V160 GS300

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 11:57 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like a ton of fun man. The weather here is still too cold to get any good traction. I'll probably try to make a pass in 2-3 weeks when the weather warms up and I'll have my new race auto trans done by then. I'm hoping to at least break into the high 11's or low 12's with full weight and street tires lol. All I ever do on the track is spin and go sideways. The last time I was at the track, I spun the whole way down the track leaving a cloud behind me the whole way. Needless to say the track operators did not feel too good, but the crowd cheered pretty hard
Old 02-23-10, 06:48 AM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats on the 6speed. All the hard work and down time finally paid off.

If I was to do another TURBO GS I would definately go the 6speed route. You need to get it dynoed, I doubt you are making 600 rwhp @ that boost level as indicated by your trap speed.

Later, Jose
Old 02-23-10, 07:24 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea you are probably right, however I think it will trap higher once my drag radials come in. Wheel spin is definelty hurting my trap speeds. My car was spinning really bad, I've posted up some videos that shows once my car hits 5,000 rpm I just blow the tires loose, that night was cold so I was spinning even worse than those videos showed, even 3rd was spinning. I'll go back out there again on the same boost level with good tires and see what it does.
Old 03-01-10, 04:33 PM
vntperform
Lexus Champion

Looking good Adam, are you the same Adam that use to have close ties with autotuner?

Good to hear your doing well.
-V
Old 03-02-10, 05:24 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Yea Auto Tuner was my old shop. That business was a distraction for me, I've been a government contractor since 1993 so thats my main line of work.

In a side note I was able to squeeze on 305/40/18 Nitto drag radials yesterday, I nailed it in 1st gear and the car didn't spin at all! woohoo! traction finally.
Old 03-03-10, 11:25 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

I'm heading back out to the track tonight on pump gas, 18 psi. My car spins just a little in 1st gear now, I should be able to cut a good 60 foot time tonight. Heading to the track tonight, will get video. Hoping for 11's now! The tune is a little better, tires will be huge and I won't be on a full tank of gas either like last time.
Old 03-03-10, 12:38 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^gl!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-10, 05:53 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

well ran tonight, tires were pretty good however my twin disk gave up, ran a best E.T. of 13.2 but only 107 MPH with a 2.35 60' time. That was 10 MPH slower than last week due to my clutch. I had toruble getting a good burnout without a line lock. Going to install my Hurst line lock and new OS GIKEN twin disk rebuild kit, then go back out for another try.
Old 03-04-10, 05:14 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope you can work it out, im feeling a little special that with all those gizmos you cant beat a stock twinned car lol
Old 03-04-10, 05:27 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

lol. Yea well not much to work out, the car is making great power. My clutch was slipping weeks ago but now with the drag radials it just doesn't hold at all. Time to install the new OS Giken twin disk rebuild kit sitting in my garage, I've been too lazy to pull the tranny.

I was happy to see my traps drop by 2 tenths of a second with 10mph less.

Next time at the track we can go line them up if you like?
Old 03-04-10, 07:12 AM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very impressive! is it just me or does it seem like by the time your turbo spools up you've got like 1000rpm before your car up shifts?

a beast nonetheless and i can only dream my GS can be that beefcake.
Old 03-04-10, 08:14 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

No I have 3200 RPM, it starts coming on hard about 4800 RPM, I shift at 8000RPM, so when I shift I'm right back at the sweet spot in boost. The only lag I have is coming out of the hole. I was thinking about setting up the Haltech's anti-lag however these Nittos won't hold. I think a better option will be to spray a 75 shot out of the hole. I really need to improve that 2.35 60 foot time.

This is what I get for running a used OS Giken which I picked up for $700.00, Rick told me he measured it and it was below the minimum spec but I decided to run it for a little while anyway. I can get things by the wife if I do purchases in smaller increments a little at a time. lol.. A few pics of the new tires and clutch / linelock. I'm going to try to get it in this weekend and run again next Wednesday. I think a good burnout will help my 60 foot times, if I still have trouble I'll install a little nitrous to get this heavy pig moving.

Last edited by adamgamz; 03-04-10 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-04-10, 09:04 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamgamz
No I have 3200 RPM, it starts coming on hard about 4800 RPM, I shift at 8000RPM, so when I shift I'm right back at the sweet spot in boost. The only lag I have is coming out of the hole. I was thinking about setting up the Haltech's anti-lag however these Nittos won't hold. I think a better option will be to spray a 75 shot out of the hole. I really need to improve that 2.35 60 foot time.

This is what I get for running a used OS Giken which I picked up for $700.00, Rick told me he measured it and it was below the minimum spec but I decided to run it for a little while anyway. I can get things by the wife if I do purchases in smaller increments a little at a time. lol.. A few pics of the new tires and clutch / linelock. I'm going to try to get it in this weekend and run again next Wednesday. I think a good burnout will help my 60 foot times, if I still have trouble I'll install a little nitrous to get this heavy pig moving.
oh ok. i've been out of the turbo game for awhile so i couldn't tell really well.
Old 04-21-10, 01:28 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Well I'm back from Titan! Darin informed me that my boost controller was off by 3psi! Turns out I was only running 14psi this entire time I thought I was running 17-18psi. The Haltech pressure sensor shows the base boost at 14PSI however the Greddy boost controller was indicating higher, I was told the Greddy controllers are known to be incorrect.

I made 470 RWHP at 14 psi and 631 RWHP at 25 PSI at 82 degrees and 27% humidity. Darin told me my numbers were spot on for a standard 74mm turbo. We also got the idle air control motor to work as well and the driveability is a bit better. I'm going to get him to set up my anti lag 2 step, he was telling me once thats hooked up I should be able to launch about 15psi on my drag radials and cut some 1.6 60 foot's. I need to get the speed sensor hooked up before doing that though. I'll probably hit the track tonight and Friday, I bet I'll be kicked off after the 1st run though. On the below run the boost controller was surging, it was corrected on the next pass with a little gain adjustment, you can see the wavy graph shows the boost surge.

Old 04-21-10, 01:51 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice, let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: A couple of new videos of my V160 GS300