Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-10, 08:46 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,034 Likes on 2,445 Posts

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
damn...yall aint very friendly at all.
It's not about friendly or not, it's about what's real and what isn't. Something might improve the feel of the car, and it might even be worth spending money on it, if its something you like, but the reality is it does not change the car's performance, only your interface with the car.

This is like changing brake pads. You might like the new feel, and you may even think it's "better" but it won't change your stopping distance. Only your tires can change your stopping distance.

So the throttle controllers change how your car responds to your foot movement. Nothing more, nothing less. You can do the same thing by pressing harder and faster, but you might not like how it feels, so getting the throttle controller might solve your "problem" perfectly.
Old 02-20-10, 08:59 AM
four o two
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, so now the throttle controller is the same thing as an upgraded throttle body.

Tell you what kid - go spend that $400, have a blast. Rub it in all of our faces. Yeah, you uh... go do that.
Old 02-20-10, 03:46 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by panda327
with the recent news about accelerator problems .. i wouldn't be so quick to doing this non sense mod
yup, the last thing you need is for this thing to malfunction. I saw how this was installed, and it basically taps one of the wires
Old 02-20-10, 04:45 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ really now?

i suggest reading up on what the 2is recall issues are before coming to a conclusion.
Old 02-20-10, 04:46 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Originally Posted by projectdna
another case of "failing to comprehend".

the 2is does not have any accelerator problems. see this post:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5234534-post13.html

now take your hands off the panic button and get back to the regularly scheduled program, people.

as far as the throttle controller goes, it's simply too expensive for "improved" throttle response. if you must have it for the wow factor, go ahead.
We're all aware of the accelerator problem and dont worry about the panic button. If you've seen how this is installed, you'd also question the integrity of the product and installation. How would you feel knowing something is tapped is tapped into your drive by wire system? It is a product, and it can fail
Old 02-20-10, 05:11 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

of course, i would be worried...

if it was engineered by fifth graders and put together with chewing gum and graham crackers.

i'm sure there is a failsafe built in that if the unit were to fail it would not affect the car. otherwise, you think blitz would make this available to the public knowing that it's not safe?

again, i suggest taking your hands off the panic button. lesser has been made of bigger problems, and this is a non-issue.

now, the matters of installation and the quality of installation is a discussion for another day.
Old 02-20-10, 06:08 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

agreed. the engineering, failsafe and design is a whole other topic along with the much ado about nothing..
Old 02-20-10, 07:54 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
It's not about friendly or not, it's about what's real and what isn't. Something might improve the feel of the car, and it might even be worth spending money on it, if its something you like, but the reality is it does not change the car's performance, only your interface with the car.

This is like changing brake pads. You might like the new feel, and you may even think it's "better" but it won't change your stopping distance. Only your tires can change your stopping distance.

So the throttle controllers change how your car responds to your foot movement. Nothing more, nothing less. You can do the same thing by pressing harder and faster, but you might not like how it feels, so getting the throttle controller might solve your "problem" perfectly.
Whats real is that most of you guys like to throw your knowledge and opinions around without any consideration to other peoples feelings. Thats what I was talking about. I agree with you on the throttle controller, but some folks need some training in interpersonal relationships.
Old 02-20-10, 09:06 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I think u should just get it and write a review of it... if u got the extra money for it why not? Jus another thing to say, "I got this".
Old 02-21-10, 01:08 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
I think u should just get it and write a review of it... if u got the extra money for it why not? Jus another thing to say, "I got this".
courtesy of the search function (2is section, keywords "blitz" and "throttle"), there is one already:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...k-warning.html

note that the "why bother?" attitudes in this thread exists in the other one as well, so it shouldn't come as a surprise by now.
Old 02-21-10, 10:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,034 Likes on 2,445 Posts

Whats real is that most of you guys like to throw your knowledge and opinions around without any consideration to other peoples feelings. Thats what I was talking about. I agree with you on the throttle controller, but some folks need some training in interpersonal relationships.
Feelings don't change facts. Never have, never will. Thicken your skin and you'll be fine. Or put me on your ignore list, then you won't have to see my posts.
Old 02-22-10, 06:01 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Feelings don't change facts. Never have, never will. Thicken your skin and you'll be fine. Or put me on your ignore list, then you won't have to see my posts.
whatev....
Old 02-23-10, 02:57 PM
JDMis350
Driver

like i said i aint here for makin enemies over a car part. that's little kid stuff that lil kids like four o two like to do.haha. anyways i actually came for help and honest opinions.so im not mad or butt hurt about you guys talkin crap on it. its not like i made the throttle controller hahahah.but ur crp isnt waht i made this thread for.i jus wanted to see wat you guys thought and yes i already saw the thread on the blitz controller. but i didnt really get much of wat I wanted to kno out of it. from ppol who HAVE it.so i made one to get the answers i needed. not to hear ppol who think they kno everything run their mouth. like i said if you dont have one, AND your HATIN, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK .about the controller buddy! not to be mean but i really dont..not interested. i kno all u guys wanna act like billy badas$es when it comes to your car..thats cool. but i dont care how much you kno about your car. we have the same car i kno all about my car too so we kno the same things. im not trying to act surperior to you guys. so dont do it to me. haha thanks. lets just be buddies and drive our cool cars,... on the freeway. =)

anyways thanks to the ppol who are actually being cool about wat i asked. i aprreciate it.
Old 02-23-10, 03:42 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

i just had to quote this when i read ^.

some folks need some training in interpersonal relationships.
anyways, are you going to get it, or has this been just a lot of talk?
Old 02-23-10, 04:17 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMis350
i kno all u guys wanna act like billy badas$es when it comes to your car..thats cool. but i dont care how much you kno about your car. we have the same car i kno all about my car too so we kno the same things.

I don't think that's true.

For example, one thing I know about my car is that this part won't do any of the things you're asking if it does (like make the car able to rev any faster or shift any quicker as you asked in your original post).

You apparently still do not since you're continuing to ask the same question no matter how often you're given the same, correct, answer.

Other items I also don't need to own to know they won't make your car rev any faster or shift any quicker would include:

A huge aluminum wing riveted to the rear deck

neon lights underneath

a carbon fiber dash kit

a pigmy zebra

a ham sandwich

Actually, this list could get quite long, but I think you get the idea.

Quick Reply: Blitz Throttle Controller