Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-10, 04:30 AM
JDMis350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blitz Throttle Controller

Does anyone have one of these? if NOT..want one? i want to get one to try it out just to try it but if i dont like it i want to get rid of it fast. but if theres anybody who happens to have one installed in their car can you please give some input? thanks i already searched it up so you dont have to tell me all the basic stuff that i can read on websites because i already read it.i just want some first hand expierience from a actual owner.thanks

i hear people say its just like turning on the power mode or just mash on the gas pedal for the effect blah blah, then i hear its like having the M button on the M3 but better due to havin 3 levels as to just 1. so which one is more true?? oh and this mod is not for power gains just correcting myself so people dont get the wrong idea as to why i was going to buy it. i just imagined with intake and exhaust it would allow u to rev up quicker makin the car sound more well built.even tho it aint hahaha. btw has anyone drove a m3 with the M buton on and off? because i did i can tell you after pushin that button u can feel the difference in acceleration change.its more on point and react faster and shifts quicker. i was wondering if these controllers have anythin close to the same affect? thanks

Last edited by JDMis350; 02-19-10 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 05:14 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

this thread is ghey..... heres a link to your answer https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php
Old 02-17-10, 02:59 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Save your money. Stupid mod.
Old 02-17-10, 03:02 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I read that the throttle response was better
Old 02-17-10, 03:19 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you own a 250 it wont help, if you own a 350 it wont help, better off putting your car in power mode *which isn't really that helpful if you're in a drag race anywayz*
Old 02-17-10, 09:17 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
I read that the throttle response was better
Nope. All this thing does is sit between the gas pedal and the thing that receives the signal from the gas pedal.

Then it lies about how far you pressed the gas pedal.

Want the same thing for free? Just give it more gas.
Old 02-17-10, 09:25 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Nope. All this thing does is sit between the gas pedal and the thing that receives the signal from the gas pedal.

Then it lies about how far you pressed the gas pedal.

Want the same thing for free? Just give it more gas.
You're right, just give it more gas. Here is a similar, cheaper product:

http://www.quickperformanceandconcep...mart&Itemid=53
Old 02-17-10, 10:16 PM
soleeasii
Pole Position

If you've got money to waste, its a cool little gadget.. I just got one installed in my car BUT its only cuz I got a REALLY good deal on it. I feel the difference on the highway in SP3 thats for sure!! But the best way to describe this mod... its like having an overdrive button in any other car...
Old 02-17-10, 10:25 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

^^ I wanted to try it on my DD in economy mode to save gas. I was just curious more than anything, but the price and install didnt justify it
Old 02-19-10, 06:03 AM
JDMis350
Driver

hahaha c'mon now guys obviously this aint no boost controller im NOT expecting a HP gain what so ever. like i said i was just going to try it out.to play with it and see what it does. mess with the revs a little.i wasnt lookin at this for a power mod. and for the ppol who are being loud with your negative talk. do YOU own one? or have you Owned one?? if not.....................dont need your negative input.but thanks anyways.not here to make enemies.

yo Soleeasii when you do standing revs on sp3 mode does it rev up faster when you go wot? i watched a youtbe video of one installed on a IS but they werent reving hard just at a steady rate to show the change in rpm throughout the different levels. i think jus for the fact that it will rev up quick makes it somewht worth it.since all we can get is sound rather than performance for 2nd gen IS i would thinkmore ppol would want this jus for the sound factor alone. with intake and exhaust ur car wil rev up quick and sound nice.

would anyone else agree and say this is in resemblence to upgrading a throttle body on a honda. but on a lexus ? meaning the drive by wire is the throttle body wire but electronic.so is it nearly the same as if i were upgrading to a bigger throttle body?
Old 02-19-10, 07:18 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMis350
hahaha c'mon now guys obviously this aint no boost controller im NOT expecting a HP gain what so ever. like i said i was just going to try it out.to play with it and see what it does. mess with the revs a little.i wasnt lookin at this for a power mod. and for the ppol who are being loud with your negative talk. do YOU own one? or have you Owned one?? if not.....................dont need your negative input.but thanks anyways.not here to make enemies.

yo Soleeasii when you do standing revs on sp3 mode does it rev up faster when you go wot? i watched a youtbe video of one installed on a IS but they werent reving hard just at a steady rate to show the change in rpm throughout the different levels. i think jus for the fact that it will rev up quick makes it somewht worth it.since all we can get is sound rather than performance for 2nd gen IS i would thinkmore ppol would want this jus for the sound factor alone. with intake and exhaust ur car wil rev up quick and sound nice.

would anyone else agree and say this is in resemblence to upgrading a throttle body on a honda. but on a lexus ? meaning the drive by wire is the throttle body wire but electronic.so is it nearly the same as if i were upgrading to a bigger throttle body?

We already told you what it does.

It lies about how far you pushed the gas pedal.

That's the only thing it does. It's the only thing it can do.

This is obvious if you look at how, and more importantly, physically where, it is wired into the car.

It won't make the car "rev faster" any more than simply pushing the gas pedal harder would.

I don't need to own one of the crap IAT sensor mods on ebay to tell you what those do either, since like this mod the actual function is implicit from the installation and wiring of it.

Those lie to the IAT sensor, these lie to the sensor indicating how far you pushed the gas pedal.

FYI- the 2IS still has a throttle body, and this mod has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Kurtz; 02-19-10 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-19-10, 09:59 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Originally Posted by JDMis350
I wouldnt consider this a throttle body upgrade at all. It's not like TB was bored out, or optimized to increase airflow. Basically, it does what kurtz say, and you can adjust it your TB to operate in such a way that your at WOT at half or less than half throttle.
Old 02-19-10, 08:30 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn...yall aint very friendly at all.
Old 02-20-10, 03:56 AM
ernestfyu
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

save your money for another mod =)!
Old 02-20-10, 04:03 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with the recent news about accelerator problems .. i wouldn't be so quick to doing this non sense mod

Quick Reply: Blitz Throttle Controller