Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-10, 01:26 PM
Duke02
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe Install Question

Hi, I have what may be a stupid question. I got my tanabe exhaust this weekend and want to make sure I'm prudent when installing it rather than diving in like I normally do.

I noticed that there's a sort of gasket that must go on the flange for the two pieces of the exhaust, but I'm wondering if it matters which way it faces. One side of the gasket is rough and flat and the other side is smooth and a bit rounded.

Also, is there any gasket to install between the stock mid-pipe flange and the tanabe flange? I think I read in the f-sport exhaust, you're supposed to use an O-ring but I didn't see one with the tanabe.

Apologies if these are stupid questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-27-10, 03:38 PM
mikemoto81
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it doesnt matter which way the gasket faces. When I installed my Tanabe I just threw it in between the pipes and tightened it down. Either way, once you tighten the pipe bolts down, the gasket will form to the connection and complete the seal. As far as the connection from the stock mid pipe to the Tanabe exhaust, there is a funneled looking O-ring that sits on the stock mid pipe housing. Just make sure the Tanabe pipe fits over it evenly and tighten it.
Old 03-01-10, 11:42 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah that stupid donut ring isnt easy to find either so be careful taking it on and off