Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What to Expect

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 09:46 PM
lexusben
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What to Expect

So summer is approaching and I'm thinking about modding my GS 400. What I'm looking at getting right now is a SRT Intake, a Precision Industries Torque Converter, and if I save up enough a LSD. I was wondering what kind of gains I could expect with this set up. I have read that it may be better to simply get a K&N Intake paired with a Apexi Neo, but since I am not planning on any other mods that the for-mentioned I'm not sure it would be worth it. Also, what are some other common mods to look into? I'm not planning F/I (though I think a Supercharger would be nice, I just don't know where I would get one, or have the money to have one custom made). I heard the SS Headers were cancelled, so are there any other Performance Headers for the GS 400 available at this point?
Old 03-19-10, 07:38 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusben
So summer is approaching and I'm thinking about modding my GS 400. What I'm looking at getting right now is a SRT Intake, a Precision Industries Torque Converter, and if I save up enough a LSD. I was wondering what kind of gains I could expect with this set up. I have read that it may be better to simply get a K&N Intake paired with a Apexi Neo, but since I am not planning on any other mods that the for-mentioned I'm not sure it would be worth it. Also, what are some other common mods to look into? I'm not planning F/I (though I think a Supercharger would be nice, I just don't know where I would get one, or have the money to have one custom made). I heard the SS Headers were cancelled, so are there any other Performance Headers for the GS 400 available at this point?
I'd go K&N, Exhaust and TQ for right now. You should see very noticable gains from that. Then later on Apexi Neo,and LSD. S&S is currently not in business. Unfortunately they were the only ones that made headers for our car.
Old 03-19-10, 08:17 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusben
Reference Rock-a-lex's threads and you shall see his dyno sheets with most of the bolt on mods available for the GS400.
Old 03-22-10, 09:46 AM
lexusben
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, will do.