Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dyno 4/15/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 10:48 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by denut-L
I just wished i looked around other shops for this, instead of depending on this one shop. Oh well, worst comes to worst, at least we'll get to see what it can do w/o mufflers.
I'm 99% sure I'm gonna go 3uz, just check here tomorrow for update and if you don't see canceled then I'll meet you there. Yes it at MAP in Plymouth
Haha, I know what I said earlier... but I got a chance to get tickets to the Twins game tonight for Thursday, and guess what it starts at like 12:05... So if I went, I won't make the dyno, and I would love to go. So it really is up to you, and would love to see it, but I am kind of an impatient guy, so I know what it is like to have a itch to just do something. Anyways, if plans change and you do the dyno, I will try to make it, but I'll likely go, because of the new stadium. Either way, I'll look forward to your results. BTW, my name is Justin.
Old 04-14-10, 12:34 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Lucky S.O.B. going to the game on Thursday! I'm planning on bringing my son up to check out Target Field sometime this summer but I'm not gonna try til things have calmed down a little.
Old 04-14-10, 10:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Haha, I know what I said earlier... but I got a chance to get tickets to the Twins game tonight for Thursday, and guess what it starts at like 12:05... So if I went, I won't make the dyno, and I would love to go. So it really is up to you, and would love to see it, but I am kind of an impatient guy, so I know what it is like to have a itch to just do something. Anyways, if plans change and you do the dyno, I will try to make it, but I'll likely go, because of the new stadium. Either way, I'll look forward to your results. BTW, my name is Justin.
go to the game LATE and go to his dyno on time
Old 04-14-10, 05:39 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well today I called Full Blown this morning LJ and chuck got my mufflers on Excited for results tomorrow.

Also saw a All out supra at the shop going for the 4 digit hp #'s Crazy money has been put into this car. He said close to 200k, 99% of every nut, bolt, suspension, whatever is chromed out.

Hey Justin, Jordan at MAP called today and change the time to 11am.
Have fun at the game.
Originally Posted by sakataj
go to the game LATE and go to his dyno on time
LOL
Old 04-15-10, 07:00 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

woow thats one dedicated supra owner. Engine is real nice!
Glad you were able to get your mufflers on too.. Almost time...

Last edited by GSJake; 04-15-10 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-15-10, 08:28 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

I believe the owner of the that Supra is John Haley, he has a couple motorsport shops, one in Apple Valley, and another somewhere else. He is in the Car Craft show every year, with all of his other cars. Ok guy, doesn't have much time for chitchat when I met him. Interesting that he has it done at Full Blown... Anyways, I am going to go late to the game, I can make 11am. See ya there!

Last edited by 3UZFTE; 04-15-10 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-15-10, 07:19 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

When I arrived I saw this...

Front

Rear

I'll wait for him to post numbers, but this thing was a beast, it was definitely loud, sounds amazing... Nice guy, nice car, it was nice meeting you, and let's get a group event organized. Thanks for letting me stop by.
Old 04-15-10, 07:45 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Update: Today's dyno went not as i expected. Couldn't get the car to hold gear in the lower rpm's also forgot to reset my ecu after the exhaust mod and also had a cel light on. Checked with obd11 scanner after the tune and it said bank 1 and bank 2, whatever that is, probably has something to do with the exhaust system i'm thinking, cause i never had a cel before that. Well anyways on to the numbers

Jordan did a couple pulls in 3 and the numbers were really low, something like 240whp 250wtq. So last couple pulls was in 4 and the numbers went up to 261whp 271wtq WOT was at around 3 1/2 to 4k rpm. I believe he tried couple times to WOT it at lower rpm's but it just downshifted right away.

So after all, I'm very pleased with my car at how it response when driving and also hwy pulls are way fun, especially after the new exhaust system.
Now just waiting for headers to get here.

Thanks to Justin aka 3uz for coming out and hanging out with us. He also have a nice 430 and also a cool guy! with alot of knowledge about cars.

Until next time with headers installed.

Old 04-15-10, 08:00 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

I'll wait for him to post numbers, but this thing was a beast, it was definitely loud, sounds amazing... Nice guy, nice car, it was nice meeting you, and let's get a group event organized. Thanks for letting me stop by.
Thanks Justin! Man i was so tired this morning i totally forgot to reset my ecu and also ask jordan about my cel lights. But damn, after all the talking i'm starting to lean towards the swap. Maybe in the near future, we'll see.

About the group event, we gotta try for one this summer. Gonna be hard to get guys to come out even tho we know that in MN we got GS's rolling around, but not on the forum.

Thanks for coming by man, hopefully my car will give you a better show next time or maybe yours will give me a show

Last edited by denut-L; 04-15-10 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-16-10, 05:46 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice numbers! With headers and a re-tune you can add about another 15-17whp and ~20wtq onto your figures. I gotta get my car re-dyno'd soon too. Just waiting to get my new bumper installed first.
Old 04-16-10, 06:43 AM
RICHYRICH
Pole Position

do you Neo guys think its worth the switch from safc2? would it yield better numbers in your opinion?
Old 04-16-10, 08:34 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHYRICH
do you Neo guys think its worth the switch from safc2? would it yield better numbers in your opinion?
Nope. It's the same damn thing. Just a couple more bells and whistles with the Neo as it is a newer model. The ONLY advantage (if any) is that the Neo is ajustable at 200rpm increments (iirc) as opposed to the SAFC 2's 500rpm increments. You can tune to a finer degree with the Neo but it really shouldn't matter enough to notice.
Old 04-16-10, 08:40 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Here is an OK video of 3 dyno pulls on my jailbroken Iphone, please ignore my comments.. However I missed the 4th gear pull which made the 261/271. I was surprised to see the torque curve start at 200 at like 2k RPM, and works it's way up on a pretty power curve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcfPHy8WmkA
Kinda like Rock mentioned, the NEO was on point the whole time cause the the Air/Fuel was right on the whole time except around fuel cut. If you take a look at my video, you will see that he points out that the A/F is almost perfect through out the dyno pulls. P.S. the Mustang on the lift is a single turbo 4.6 with a solid axle. Also, there was some talk about LS swaps... I hope it actually goes down, I actually wanna do it now... GTE can wait...
Old 04-16-10, 08:47 AM
DT2k
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

nice #'s i was at MAP yesterday to dyno my SC300.
Old 04-16-10, 09:02 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Nice, David, I think we've met before, I believe you had your Lexotic LS at the meet in Bloomington, that was a sweet ride! I was the odd man out, with the only 2GS there, but everyone was really nice and it was a good meet, any chance of it happening this year? I bet that SC300 is a beast as well! Too bad we missed you, I would have stayed and watched.

Quick Reply: Dyno 4/15/10