Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Dyno 4/15/10

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-10, 09:08 AM
DT2k
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Nice, David, I think we've met before, I believe you had your Lexotic LS at the meet in Bloomington, that was a sweet ride! I was the odd man out, with the only 2GS there, but everyone was really nice and it was a good meet, any chance of it happening this year? I bet that SC300 is a beast as well! Too bad we missed you, I would have stayed and watched.
yea i remember yah now. we are having another meet may 1st at the same place if you guys are interested.
Old 04-16-10, 10:38 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Nice numbers! With headers and a re-tune you can add about another 15-17whp and ~20wtq onto your figures. I gotta get my car re-dyno'd soon too. Just waiting to get my new bumper installed first.
Thanks Rock! looking forward to my headers being put on and also your redyno. Are you gonna be upgrading the exhaust pipes also as you were asking about it?

Here is an OK video of 3 dyno pulls on my jailbroken Iphone, please ignore my comments.. However I missed the 4th gear pull which made the 261/271. I was surprised to see the torque curve start at 200 at like 2k RPM, and works it's way up on a pretty power curve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcfPHy8WmkA
Kinda like Rock mentioned, the NEO was on point the whole time cause the the Air/Fuel was right on the whole time except around fuel cut. If you take a look at my video, you will see that he points out that the A/F is almost perfect through out the dyno pulls. P.S. the Mustang on the lift is a single turbo 4.6 with a solid axle. Also, there was some talk about LS swaps... I hope it actually goes down, I actually wanna do it now... GTE can wait...
Thanks for the video!

Originally Posted by DT2k
nice #'s i was at MAP yesterday to dyno my SC300.
We must of just missed you yesterday. What did you put down with the 300? turbo
Old 04-16-10, 12:03 PM
DT2k
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by denut-L

it laid down 476rwhp at 22psi.
Old 04-16-10, 12:11 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Default I got mail!!!

UPS just dropped something off

I can't believe i have these in my hands now.

Will start taking the oem exhaust manifolds out this Sunday. Can't wait for the next dyno

Old 04-16-10, 12:17 PM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DT2k
it laid down 476rwhp at 22psi.
Wow! Great numbers

Did you take any videos of the dyno? Looking forward to seeing this in person.
Old 04-16-10, 12:40 PM
goldgs400.
Rookie

what headers are those?
Old 04-16-10, 01:36 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Rock! looking forward to my headers being put on and also your redyno. Are you gonna be upgrading the exhaust pipes also as you were asking about it?

Thanks for the video!

Your welcome! Just out of curiosity you have an Apexi Neo right? I would think you do otherwise then how would you tune the car on a dyno? Normally a stock GS4XX will produce around 245whp so with your +16whp increase I don't see how this can be attained from just an intake and exhaust...the addition of an A/F controller to those mods would make sense. In the dyno video (on youtube) it references the only mods you have are intake and exhaust. VERY, VERY good numbers IF you don't have an A/F controller.
Old 04-16-10, 04:34 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will start taking the oem exhaust manifolds out this Sunday. Can't wait for the next dyno
Let me know if you would like another hand, I'm always around to help.
Old 04-17-10, 08:03 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

UPS just dropped something off

I can't believe i have these in my hands now.

very nice....

awesome...i need someone like u in town....i havent met but ONE other member from here that lives in town although i have talked to a few
Old 04-17-10, 08:17 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
awesome... i need someone like u in town....i havent met but ONE other member from here that lives in town although i have talked to a few
I do what I can, feel free to come up to the Twin Cities anytime, a little far from Tennessee. Hopefully if/when I move to North Carolina, there will be a few members around the Charolette area..
Old 04-18-10, 12:21 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by goldgs400.
what headers are those?
SS headers
Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Your welcome! Just out of curiosity you have an Apexi Neo right? I would think you do otherwise then how would you tune the car on a dyno? Normally a stock GS4XX will produce around 245whp so with your +16whp increase I don't see how this can be attained from just an intake and exhaust...the addition of an A/F controller to those mods would make sense. In the dyno video (on youtube) it references the only mods you have are intake and exhaust. VERY, VERY good numbers IF you don't have an A/F controller.
Yes, i do have a NEO with intake and exhaust.
Sure thing Justin Well see how it goes tomorrow, I'm gonna go fishing in the early morning and get back around 11am if i'm not to tired then i'll start working on it. Thanks dude, i'll let you know.
Originally Posted by sakataj
very nice....
Thanks
Old 04-18-10, 12:48 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if you can export the neo data and use it to compare with others that have similar setup. I was interested in those thing before and read the manual and it seems you can save the setup and upload it.

maybe I'm confused the the emanage ultimate.
Old 04-18-10, 06:32 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I need s&s headers!!!
Old 04-18-10, 09:41 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
I wonder if you can export the neo data and use it to compare with others that have similar setup. I was interested in those thing before and read the manual and it seems you can save the setup and upload it.

maybe I'm confused the the emanage ultimate.
I don't think you can upload the data on the neo. But if you have the same setup for example, intake exhaust, you maybe could see what others are running on there setup and enter it into your neo. Best is to have it dyno tune.
Originally Posted by Aristo8
I need s&s headers!!!
They have one left...hurry up and grab it before it's gone! Paul told me that Loren at S&S assured these are the second batch.

GL

OK, today i jacked up the car and looked underneath to see what it looks like and after trying to take off one bolt, i just gave up...lol I guess age is catching up to me and just laying there, i felt sick.

Anyone in MN want a job? Some guys have done it in 4-5 hrs and i'm willing to pay you for the install.

Last edited by denut-L; 04-18-10 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-18-10, 01:55 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Anyone in MN want a job?
Yes. I can do it, I just remember how damn low that car sits, do you have a low clearance jack, or did you just use a regular jack? I am free next weekend, let me know and we can work something out.

Quick Reply: Dyno 4/15/10