Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HKS HI POWER owners (who installed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 07:58 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS HI POWER owners (who installed)

Hey guys,

i should be getting my hks hi power system today and going to install tomorrow. i been searching for a quick dyi but cannot find out. can i get a quick dyi from one of your owners who installed yourself? i should be able to figure it but just wanted some feedback.

Also, where are you guys puting your jack stands under the car? i couldn't figure it out unless you are using the 2 inch or so bar that runs from front of car to back. i looking and there is nothing metal to use close to the side skirt like my integra.

thanks
Old 04-12-10, 10:54 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Just use the jacking point on the car, it's behind the bar that you're talking about, the exhaust is really simple to install everything should just bolt on, one thing I would suggest though is use wd40 on the rubber hanger to help slide out the old exhaust and help get in the new one.
Old 04-12-10, 01:37 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by datplayaz
Just use the jacking point on the car, it's behind the bar that you're talking about, the exhaust is really simple to install everything should just bolt on, one thing I would suggest though is use wd40 on the rubber hanger to help slide out the old exhaust and help get in the new one.
thanks...ill pick up a can tonight...your talking about using it on the exhaust hangers right?

the other day when i was installing the hid foglights, i couldn't find anything to use to jack up the car. so i placed the jack right under those bars i was talking about. but ill look deeper tomorrow for the jacking point.

thanks man
Old 04-12-10, 02:07 PM
intrinsic
Pole Position

i used some ramps and my angled driveway to give me plenty of room... pretty much bolt on. 1 degree of difficulty if you know how to use a wrench. i just had to use a small pipe to give me leverage for some of the bolts, since they were a ***** to take off.
Old 04-12-10, 02:09 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

i was thinking of putting 4 jack stands under the car. you think i can just put the stands on the rears? would this be safe?
Old 04-12-10, 04:48 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can also use dish soap instead of wd40. I jacked the car up by the diff put 2 jack stands under it and went to town. its very simple x2 14mm bolts and I believe 6 hangers. good luck post pics up when you finish
Old 04-12-10, 06:55 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by imports4me
i was thinking of putting 4 jack stands under the car. you think i can just put the stands on the rears? would this be safe?
Yes, just the rear is fine. The exhaust is pretty easy to install, but having a buddy to help certainly makes it go faster.