Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NASCAR exhaust fabricator

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-10, 11:51 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by unclej
I will post much more info next week
sakataj lets get on the phone on monday and i will get them out to you
guys trust me we have been working very hard to get everything together to do this online business the right way as so we can bring the same race proven technology that has produced over 300+ wins and 10 championships in sprint cup to us auto enthusiasts
just got off the phone with him....gonna get some out to me. i will end up doing some dyno's before and after

Originally Posted by vwynn
what is that exactly?
lol, its a box or square nascar styled exhaust
Old 06-07-10, 01:52 PM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
lol, its a box or square nascar styled exhaust
The reason why most of their exhaust is rectangular or square is because of space constraints underneath the vehicle due to ride height, chassis, drivetrain, etc, which all don't really have any affect on our GS because there is tons of room. Have you ever actually seen a Sprint Cup car exhaust system? I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure no NASCAR team actually runs mufflers... They don't have to comply with noise ordinates, so why would they add a flow restriction to their exhaust systems for fun? Maybe I missed something, but would have to believe that anything that would ever go on a Sprint Cup car would likely never improve the performance of a "stock" Lexus. Anyways, let us know what you come up with, all that should happen is the change of exhaust notes.

Is there a name of this company that reportedly supplies all the teams from NASCAR with their custom one-off exhaust systems?

A Richard Childress Racing car (Clint Bowyer) upside down, note the exhaust, no mufflers, just straight, rectangular pipes that are swept back to reduce the turbulence of the exhaust coming out.

Last edited by 3UZFTE; 06-07-10 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-07-10, 02:02 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i need some square exhaust for clearance.
Old 06-07-10, 02:32 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
The reason why most of their exhaust is rectangular or square is because of space constraints underneath the vehicle due to ride height, chassis, drivetrain, etc, which all don't really have any affect on our GS because there is tons of room. Have you ever actually seen a Sprint Cup car exhaust system? I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure no NASCAR team actually runs mufflers... They don't have to comply with noise ordinates, so why would they add a flow restriction to their exhaust systems for fun? Maybe I missed something, but would have to believe that anything that would ever go on a Sprint Cup car would likely never improve the performance of a "stock" Lexus. Anyways, let us know what you come up with, all that should happen is the change of exhaust notes.

Is there a name of this company that reportedly supplies all the teams from NASCAR with their custom one-off exhaust systems?

A Richard Childress Racing car (Clint Bowyer) upside down, note the exhaust, no mufflers, just straight, rectangular pipes that are swept back to reduce the turbulence of the exhaust coming out.
as i said, im willing to guinea pig it. im not paying for it so i dont mind dynoing it. the worst i can do is LOSE HP...either way i will dyno it and find out what if ANY gains are to be made

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
i need some square exhaust for clearance.
think jeff was using some and said it eventually rounds itself out again

Last edited by sakataj; 06-07-10 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-07-10, 02:39 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
as i said, im willing to guinea pig it. im not paying for it so i dont mind dynoing it. the worst i can do is LOSE HP...either way i will dyno it and find out what if ANY gains are to be made
I'm more curious of the exhaust note, but woudn't mind finding out the dyno number too. waiting game....
Old 06-07-10, 02:57 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those mufflers sure look alot like...

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/
Old 06-07-10, 08:27 PM
unclej
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not spintech but good guess
i should have sound clips of my car before and after in a few days
i will get the custom x pipe and mufflers out to sakataj in the next day or so and cant wait to see what results he gets
we are in the middle of putting the man in questions new website up and hope to make him available to this board as well as all the boards that internet brands own
best gains will be headers get rid of the cats to x-pipe 2.5 pipe back to mufflers
As i told sakataj if it makes sense i might be able to get him to do a set of headers but lets start with the mufflers and x-pipe
Old 06-08-10, 08:50 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Are these mufflers the one's in the pictures? If he is using OEM exhaust, won't he have to cut the OE mufflers off because the new mufflers don't have any bolt-on flanges... Isn't that going to cost time and money?
Old 06-09-10, 09:04 AM
unclej
Driver School Candidate

No they are not the same these new mufflers are made from the same person that makes the NASCAR boom tubes you see on the bottom of that NASCAR
Old 06-10-10, 08:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Are these mufflers the one's in the pictures? If he is using OEM exhaust, won't he have to cut the OE mufflers off because the new mufflers don't have any bolt-on flanges... Isn't that going to cost time and money?
yeah and i dont have the oem exhaust, have the greddy so i wasnt cutting that lol

No they are not the same these new mufflers are made from the same person that makes the NASCAR boom tubes you see on the bottom of that NASCAR
you ship them already? any tracking # or anything?
Old 06-10-10, 08:49 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Unless his name is Boyd Butler, I believe his is no 'Dr. Gas'..... who invented the "boom tube" resides in Utah... He even invented the spintech mufflers, almost like the ones that are pictured... Read this article if your interested in Dr. Gas...
http://insideracingtechnology.com/drgas.html
Old 06-10-10, 08:50 AM
unclej
Driver School Candidate

sakataj i should have your x pipe kit today and then will send it out with the two mufflers
we just got done putting the same setup on a 1990 mustang i will post the b4 and after sound clips if anyone cares
Old 06-10-10, 08:59 AM
unclej
Driver School Candidate

very good 3uzfte the man in question is Dr Gas... my team of guys is working with Boyd to put up a new website and store to showcase the new products he has come up with for 2010..... he has 2 new mufflers thatt blow the old spintech mufflers away.... the story about him that you are pulling up is very old since then he has 300 sprint cup wins and 10 championships... we are working on a way to make boyd and his crew available to answer questions on setups and what will work best via his new site and spending time on the boards
Old 06-10-10, 09:47 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

very good 3uzfte the man in question is Dr Gas... my team of guys is working with Boyd to put up a new website and store to showcase the new products he has come up with for 2010..... he has 2 new mufflers thatt blow the old spintech mufflers away.... the story about him that you are pulling up is very old since then he has 300 sprint cup wins and 10 championships... we are working on a way to make boyd and his crew available to answer questions on setups and what will work best via his new site and spending time on the boards
UncleJ: Sorry to doubt the man in question, I'm sure we would be glad to actually have him on here to discuss and answer questions. Dr. Gas is top-notch, with that being said, I think the more exposure that he gets, the more money he can make, but let me just say that he already has existing boards and forums where he is very well supported. I just want to talk about his designs and the way he sees the world, he seems to be a stand up dude. Again, sorry for busting your *****, glad you stuck with it, in for Dr. Gas...

sakataj i should have your x pipe kit today and then will send it out with the two mufflers
we just got done putting the same setup on a 1990 mustang i will post the b4 and after sound clips if anyone cares
I want to put a boom tube on my Ford Falcon, it has a juiced up 93' 5.0, it'd be bad ***... I wanna hear what these mufflers sound like with some American Muscle...

Last edited by 3UZFTE; 06-10-10 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-10-10, 10:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

all good, looking forward to this experiment...

so is he gonna become a vendor for us then?

Quick Reply: NASCAR exhaust fabricator